PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Finley Steps Down

Malc
06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
By Ryan Watters

The Kelowna Rockets have announced that Assistant Coach Jeff Finley will step down from his current role with the hockey club for personal reasons.

Finley spent two years on the coaching staff helping the Rockets to a Western Hockey League Championship and a berth in the Memorial Cup in 2009. The Rockets record with Finley behind the bench is 85-47-3-9.

Finley stated, “I have really enjoyed my two years with the Rockets. It has been very fulfilling to see our kids grow and to see the strides they have made. I would like to thank Bruce (Hamilton) and the Rockets organization for the opportunity they gave me and wish them all the best.”

Rockets President/General Manager Bruce Hamilton stated, “We lose a very good person and an excellent coach. Yet I fully understand the reasons for him wanting to spend more time with his family. I have been in this business long enough to know that our wives and children suffer the most because of the time commitment of a hockey team. We look forward to continuing to work with Jeff as a special consultant.”

http://www.kelownarockets.com/Story.aspx?ID=612

Maybe assistant coach Ryan Cuthbert gets a promotion with Finley's departure...

Malc
06-24-2009, 01:39 PM
From Captain To Coach - by Ryan Watters

The Kelowna Rockets are pleased to announce that Assistant Coach Ryan Cuthbert has signed a new three year contract and will remain with the hockey club through the 2011-2012 season.

Cuthbert will move from the press box and join Head Coach Ryan Huska behind the bench as a full time Assistant Coach.

Cuthbert says, “I’m very excited to know I’ll be back with the same team, this opportunity means so much to me. I would like to thank Bruce (Hamilton) and the Rockets organization for this the opportunity. To get on the bench is something I really wanted and I’m very excited to start.”

Rockets President/General Manager Bruce Hamilton stated, “I’m thrilled this has come about. As a player Ryan was a tremendous competitor and I know that attitude will be brought to the rink as a full time Assistant Coach. Due to unfortunate injury his pro career was cut short but if there was ever a player turn to coaching it would be him. I think this is the start of a long coaching career for him.”

Cuthbert is the only Rocket to be named Team Captain twice. He would lead the Rockets in 2001-2002 and would help guide the team to their first ever Western Hockey League Championship during the 2002-2003 season. He played in Kelowna for five seasons from 1998-2003.

http://www.kelownarockets.com/Story.aspx?ID=615