PDA

View Full Version : Clark & Lowry

Brandonite
06-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Andrew Clark & Matt Lowry have both accepted invitations to NHL camps in August. Clark will join Matt Calvert in Columbus with the Blue Jackets while Lowry will head to Ottawa to skate with the Senators. Out of the 2 IMO, Lowry has the best shot at getting an AHL offer. Ive said before and I will say again I dont think Andrew Clark will ever play in the AHL. Great junior player BUT. However, job well done and well deserved by both. Best of luck to both players who served very well during their times in brandon.

The Wheatiemaniac
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Andrew Clark & Matt Lowry have both accepted invitations to NHL camps in August. Clark will join Matt Calvert in Columbus with the Blue Jackets while Lowry will head to Ottawa to skate with the Senators. Out of the 2 IMO, Lowry has the best shot at getting an AHL offer. Ive said before and I will say again I dont think Andrew Clark will ever play in the AHL. Great junior player BUT. However, job well done and well deserved by both. Best of luck to both players who served very well during their times in brandon.

I can see Clark ending up playing overseas. It's a style he can excel in. But getting an opportunity in Columbus.....you just never know. As for Lowry, he could someday end up on a fourth line(shutdown role) somewhere....most likely in the AHL. He's a heart and soul physical presence on the ice, and sticks up for teammates without hesitation. I wish them both the very best. They served us well and deserve a chance to keep playing at an elite level.

dagley
06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I can see Clark ending up playing overseas. It's a style he can excel in. But getting an opportunity in Columbus.....you just never know. As for Lowry, he could someday end up on a fourth line(shutdown role) somewhere....most likely in the AHL. He's a heart and soul physical presence on the ice, and sticks up for teammates without hesitation. I wish them both the very best. They served us well and deserve a chance to keep playing at an elite level.

He could end up in the NHL, to be honest. I mean, it sounds far fetched, but he reminds me of Darren Helm, minus the speed that Helm has. He can bring the size that Helm doesn't. I don't know, I think Lows can play in the AHL.

Brandonite
06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
He could end up in the NHL, to be honest. I mean, it sounds far fetched, but he reminds me of Darren Helm, minus the speed that Helm has. He can bring the size that Helm doesn't. I don't know, I think Lows can play in the AHL.

I hope scouting isn't something your interested in because you wouldnt last long!! Andrew Clark in the NHL???? Come on now seriously? He would get killed in the warm-up let alone the game!

dagley
06-23-2009, 07:06 PM
...I meant Lowry. Clark would never be in the NHL, but I think Lowry could be in the AHL and be an occasional call-up. Clark is Europe sounds like a possibility, probably will go the university route.