PDA

View Full Version : Luca Sbisa to the ducks

hurricaneflag7
06-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Luca Sbisa is involved in a trade with joffrey lupul and two other first round picks to the ducks in exchange for chris pronger.

For more info visit:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282981

hurricaneflag7
06-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, at least we might be seeing Sbisa play a lot more often, now that he is in the west.

jkanes
06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
ya thats good for him but that means that there is a better chance hes not coming bac to play for the canes next year?

hurricaneflag7
06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
It would still be impossible for him to come play for the canes again.....he is over age already.
He either goes and plays with the ducks or with their farm team for something.

I'm hoping that he can play for the ducks this coming year, he is a really good defense man, i would really like to see him play in the NHL.

OLDSCHOOL
06-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Great player and kid, to bad that he will have to come back to this gong show that is going on right now.

Bocephus
06-26-2009, 09:07 PM
It would still be impossible for him to come play for the canes again.....he is over age already.
He either goes and plays with the ducks or with their farm team for something.

I'm hoping that he can play for the ducks this coming year, he is a really good defense man, i would really like to see him play in the NHL.

He's not an overager this year. He will be in his 19 year old season.
He isn't allowed to play in the AHL either as a 19 because he was drafted from the CHL even though he is a Euro. If he was drafted as a Euro and then came here to play then he could play in the AHL in his 19 year old season.
Regardless, no way he plays in the juniors this season!

hurricaneflag7
06-26-2009, 10:17 PM
He's not an overager this year. He will be in his 19 year old season.
He isn't allowed to play in the AHL either as a 19 because he was drafted from the CHL even though he is a Euro. If he was drafted as a Euro and then came here to play then he could play in the AHL in his 19 year old season.
Regardless, no way he plays in the juniors this season!

I guess you are right. I just thought he was overage, but then again he did get drafted when he was 18.

But anyways, I highly doubt it if he would come back to lethbridge.

I think he stays with the ducks or in their system.

But no matter what I'll be wishing him well, (hope he becomes one of the best all-round defense man.) :thumb:

Random Comment
06-27-2009, 01:57 AM
He either plays for the Ducks in the NHL or comes back to the WHL... He can't even remain in their system since the A or the ECHL is not an option for him as a 19 year old... the thing is you never know.

That being said, I think he will have a better chance to play in Anaheim then in Philly, with Jones and Parent back and healthy and their top two of Cobrun and Timonen there wasn't going to be much room there as a d-man.

Good Luck Luc!

grainbear
06-27-2009, 06:40 AM
I think the decision rests with the Ducks as well as the Canes. It depends somewhat on whom the Canes select as GM and coach. If they think he can continue to improve in Lethbridge with the proper coaching and ice time he will be here. If the board selects the right candidate here then the Ducks will have no problem returning him to junior. When you look at their roster they do have a number of good young dmen in their system as well and Scott N is a great role model for them since he has committed to returning. Sbisa certainly may be back and once again we await for Father Time whoops the selection committee to finish golfing and start to make a decision if anyone is left who wants to manage and coach this team!

Bocephus
06-27-2009, 09:38 AM
I am so happy I don't have to watch one of my favorite players playing for one of my most disliked teams any longer. :)

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-27-2009, 12:40 PM
with Canes for a while. I am not sure he was ready for the NHL last time. He seemed to regress in his 40 or so games with the Flyers. There will be someback door negotiations with Lethbridge though first. The Ducks do not want him playing on a team that is going nowhere. Wouldn't he look good in the Black and Gold of the Wheaties playing in Le Coupe Memorial!!!!!!

sbtatter
06-28-2009, 09:18 AM
with Canes for a while. I am not sure he was ready for the NHL last time. He seemed to regress in his 40 or so games with the Flyers. There will be someback door negotiations with Lethbridge though first. The Ducks do not want him playing on a team that is going nowhere. Wouldn't he look good in the Black and Gold of the Wheaties playing in Le Coupe Memorial!!!!!! That's a thought!! So apart from the untouchables, Schenn, Glennie, Calvert, Stone, what's a realistic trade for a 1 year rental of Sbisia?

loudi94
06-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Melnychuk and a first rounder? Is he any good? The stats look good?

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-28-2009, 11:17 AM
That's a thought!! So apart from the untouchables, Schenn, Glennie, Calvert, Stone, what's a realistic trade for a 1 year rental of Sbisia?

We are terribly short decent D-man next year. Need a solid stay at home who could be 20 because we are short of 20's also. If that 20 yr old D-man is pretty darn good (if Brandon even has one that fits that mold) lets add a prospect or two and a second round pick.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Just a hunch but I think the odds are pretty good Sbisa is back in junior next year. The Ducks have 8 Dmen on their current roster. They also have at least 4 more under the age of 24 in the system. That is 12 guys and Sbisa would have to beat out 5 of them just to be the 7th Dman. For selfish reasons I hope he is bach here because the Canes could get a boatload of talent in a trade and Lord knows we need it.

SectionNDeserter
06-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Actually, Whitney, Brookbank, Mikkelson and Sbisa are the only returning defenseman at this point. Wisniewski, Beauchemin, Hedican and Festerling are all poised to become unrestricted and restricted free agents.

Bocephus
06-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Actually, Whitney, Brookbank, Mikkelson and Sbisa are the only returning defenseman at this point. Wisniewski, Beauchemin, Hedican and Festerling are all poised to become unrestricted and restricted free agents.
Don't forget Scott N. He said the other day he is coming back.

SectionNDeserter
06-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Don't forget Scott N. He said the other day he is coming back.He is like Sundin, I'll believe it when I see it! ;)

Bocephus
06-28-2009, 03:39 PM
He is like Sundin, I'll believe it when I see it! ;)
You're right. Good ol' Mats Favremayer. Those types drive me up the wall.