PDA

View Full Version : ASHTON TO LIGHTNING!

jkanes
06-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Congratulations to Carter Ashton being drafted 29th overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning! Im kinda surprised he went that low, but he at least went in the first round. I think Tampa is a good place for Carter. He should get lots of playing time when he does go up there (or down, however you want to say it haha) and he'll also be playing with Hedman! I was kinda hoping he would get drafted by the Hurricanes but oh well, Congrats to Carter!applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseyee hoopunk rock

shushu
06-26-2009, 10:48 PM
great job carter, but he still has alot of games left in a canes jersey, happy to say................selfish or not,im looking forward to watching his development for the next couple of years................again congrats to carter and his family........:thumb:

metalrules
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM
This is a really good thing, finally something positive to write and talk about with the Canes. As much as we love bashing the board, this is so much better. Congrats to Carter. On another note did Yadlowski end up going anywhere? I do not think that he will get drafted, his game is very inconsistent but since the central scouting had him listed I am just curious.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-27-2009, 05:06 PM
No Yads did not get drafted. It's actually to bad Ashton went to T.B. I wish some of the Canes recent draftees were in Calg/Van/Edmtn so we could see them play more often. Seabrook, Boychuk, Beach, Versteeg, Sbisa, all play on non Canadian eastern teams so are almost never on TV.

Brandonite
06-27-2009, 06:11 PM
No Yads did not get drafted. It's actually to bad Ashton went to T.B. I wish some of the Canes recent draftees were in Calg/Van/Edmtn so we could see them play more often. Seabrook, Boychuk, Beach, Versteeg, Sbisa, all play on non Canadian eastern teams so are almost never on TV.

Dwight King for L.A. & Colton Sceviour for Dallas. Yeah your right, all your guys get drafted to teams that dont have much coverage!