PDA

View Full Version : Game two verses the Ice

Jovorock
04-23-2005, 08:48 AM
After a great game one of this series, can the Rockets continue the two game road trip and win both in Cranbrook? What will happen in game two?

Beaner
04-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Kootenay tonight, got their legs back after the long break between rounds.

Chipper
04-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I hope so! if it wasn't for Glass it wouldn't have even been close last night.

Jovorock
04-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Kootenay tonight, got their legs back after the long break between rounds.
It should be a good one, but I think the Rockets will come out even harder tonite. They will have to watch Dawes more, he had some very good chances last night, you give him a inch he'll take a mile.

Kristi
04-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Help a girl out! Did Palin fight Dawes or Busto?

Thanks guys! :)

Kristi

eecliff
04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Help a girl out! Did Palin fight Dawes or Busto?

Thanks guys! :)

Kristi
It was
Palin - Busto
Ofukany - Dawes

ee.....

Chipper
04-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Palin fought Busto and Dawes fought ofukany I would have loved to watch the replay of the Dawes fight Wow he can fight too . Good game over all but once again the ref was bad on both sides. This is the way a title series should be all tied up.

Jovorock
04-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Palin fought Busto and Dawes fought ofukany I would have loved to watch the replay of the Dawes fight Wow he can fight too . Good game over all but once again the ref was bad on both sides. This is the way a title series should be all tied up.
Palin and Busto was the first to fight, then Dawes and Ofukany were the second to fight. So Herman made up a special rule to give Ofukany a two minute instigating, and ten minute game miscondute.

Ofukany didn't beat Dawes with his gloves on, how did Dawes stay in the game? Every game that I have ever seen the second fighters have always been tossed from the game. I guess except when Nigel is concerned?

Chipper
04-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Palin and Busto was the first to fight, then Dawes and Ofukany were the second to fight. So Herman made up a special rule to give Ofukany a two minute instigating, and ten minute game miscondute.

Ofukany didn't beat Dawes with his gloves on, how did Dawes stay in the game? Every game that I have ever seen the second fighters have always been tossed from the game. I guess except when Nigel is concerned? JOVO yea i agree, I was talking to Squig in the intermission and although i'm glad that Nigel wasn't kicked out we thought that they would both be gone. That is how they elimenate line brawls in the league why they both were not thrown out i have no idea. Horible reffing both games imo

In the crowd
04-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Another way to eliminate line brawls is for the ref to call the game properly and not let it get out of control.

fightstrap50
04-24-2005, 12:01 PM
when a second fight breaks out and one players is given an instigator penalty the other game misconduct can be cancelled for the other player, dawes in this case, as Ofukany got the instigating minor.

Scout
04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking Ofukany started the fight with Dawes. Now if Ofukany's only purpose was to pick a fight with Dawes to get him thrown out of the game so Kelowna had a better chance to win with the opposing teams star player getting chucked, then the ref can make the call. It very seldom happens where both are not thrown out but if Ofukany is a seldom used player and his only purpose to fight Dawes was to get him thrown then i agree with Herman. I don't like Herman as a ref but it has happened before. The purpose is so teams don't send out seldom used players to take out opposing teams star players.

Scout

kevanie97
04-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Ofukany is a 1st or 2nd line player so he plays lots, it was the wrong call the ref was busy watching the fight between Palin and Busto so how does he call an instigator? Especially a rookie in his first fight (Ofukany) and the linesmen were as well.Dawes face washes Ofukany to start it, but as others have said brutal refing for both clubs.

Jovorock
04-24-2005, 12:30 PM
It very seldom happens where both are not thrown out but if Ofukany is a seldom used player and his only purpose to fight Dawes was to get him thrown then i agree with Herman.
Ofukany is on the Moisienko line, the first line! Horible call, if Dawes didn't want to fight he could of kept his gloves on and turtled? Herman made a special call for a superstar (Dawes) and it was wrong. Kootenay was getting a penalty when it all started and after the mess was taken care of Kelowna was short two minutes? :burningma

fightstrap50
04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
the penalty was going to Kelowna first and then the Rockets tried to suck us in with all the dirty crap that the team is so famous for. Your team wanted the line brawl not ours but we came to show them whats up and from my view IN THE ARENA it was pretty obviuos the Rockets didnt like going down a goal and got upset. If your so obliviuos to think a little face wash started a line brawl you need new glasses. The Rockets have played chippy, grabby clutch and hack hockey for two games now and your lucky you dont play half the game shorthanded for it. The ref just kept calling two penalties at once all night as he totaly lost controll of the game in the first 7 minutes and lost controll of the Rockets stick work. The ICE have shown they will not tolerate this type of hockey and will stick up for anyone of their guys even Dawes gave a beating. Its to bad to see a great team like Kelowna have to play so borderline rule breaking the whole game just to get wins. But your coaching found success in it a few years back with Habsheid and nothing has changed. Thats the whole reason I didnt want to see the Rockets play the ICE. As i do beleive the ICE can take them no prob in a good series. I do not like guys trying to hurt other teams. Those guys out there in the league from any team are trying to make a carreer for themselves and take the chance that some moron is going to run them after a goal gets scored on them and ends up starting a line brawl. Kootenay is a clean team and our regular season stats prove it but somehow we end up with as many penalties as other more gritty teams liike the Rockets get. I seen a few attemted plays made to try and hurt some guys last night and no calls, very frustrating reffing both ways though. The quality of the hockey in the CHL has far out grwon the quality of the officiating we have to deal with. Hopefully we can see some cleaner hockey when we're in the sunny Okanagan. then id enjoy watching the Rockets play more. The ICE fought through it last night and all season long and will be able to keep on dong it with such great depth and heart to fight through the adversitieevery night! :thumb:
I BELEIVE!!! GO ICE GO!!! :groovy:

Jovorock
04-24-2005, 01:16 PM
the penalty was going to Kelowna first and then the Rockets tried to suck us in with all the dirty crap that the team is so famous for. [/COLOR] :groovy:
fightstrap have you ever heard of sentences and paragraphes? Your rant is very hard to read, but you didn't get the point. Why did Dawes not get kicked out of the game like every other player does when they are the second fight?

You say the Rockets are a dirty team but have nothing to back it up. Please grow up and post the facts and not your trivial crap. If you are younger than ten please disreguard this statement, if you are older please read it.

rinkrat
04-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Just suck it up Rocket fans and stop blaming the refs,you're getting a reputation for whining,like the Tiger fans.Just win/lose with some class.Sometimes you have to overcome questionable reffing,every team does.By the way,play the whistle.Just because you THINK there should be a play stoppage due to a high stick,doesn't mean that you stop skating.PLAY THE WHISTLE.
If you think the ref made special rules for Dawes,he must have made special rules allowing the Rockets to wear their DARK jerseys game 7 vs Seattle!
By the way,Ofukany needs to pick his spots better.Nice try to get Dawes tossed...

fightstrap50
04-24-2005, 01:45 PM
fightstrap have you ever heard of sentences and paragraphes? Your rant is very hard to read, but you didn't get the point. Why did Dawes not get kicked out of the game like every other player does when they are the second fight?

You say the Rockets are a dirty team but have nothing to back it up. Please grow up and post the facts and not your trivial crap. If you are younger than ten please disreguard this statement, if you are older please read it.
sorry jovo but i came off the whiteboard with a grumpy att. if youd scoll up and read my post from earlier it explains the no misconduct on Dawes. i have access to the game on tape and sit in the first row so dont say i dont have anything to back up how dirty your team plays the game, if you live in Kelowna then you know it and dont say ya dont.

kevanie97
04-24-2005, 01:51 PM
The ref has no say in what color jersey a team is wearing.

First penatly was to Kootenay fightstrap get your facts straight and please don't accuse other teams of exactly what your team does, they are right up there witht he best at chippy,clutching and grabbing hockey....take those glasses off and clean the ICE from them so you can see objectively :clown:

In the crowd
04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
I didn't see the high stick before the goal, but my buddie did. you gotta expect these things to get missed once in a while, Herman missed the huge interference at center ice when dawes got pulled down on the rush wher kelowna scored there 1st goal, so it was even in my eyes.

kevanie97
04-24-2005, 01:55 PM
sorry jovo but i came off the whiteboard with a grumpy att. if youd scoll up and read my post from earlier it explains the no misconduct on Dawes. i have access to the game on tape and sit in the first row so dont say i dont have anything to back up how dirty your team plays the game, if you live in Kelowna then you know it and dont say ya dont.

Seriously how old are you? It hurts the eyes to try and read your unreadable posts and then you expect us to believe you are a creditable and objective poster? LMFAO, you only have to look at your teams GM to realize that ...why not go toss a table on some unsuspecting fans so you can be just like him LOL

rinkrat
04-24-2005, 01:55 PM
The ref has no say in what color jersey a team is wearing...

Why don't all teams wear hideous red then?
I guess the league has no guidelines about home team wering white and visiting team wearing dark???
Has the "duck itch" gone to your brain,or is the millfoil taking it over? :turkey:

kevanie97
04-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Why don't all teams wear hideous red then?
I guess the league has no guidelines about home team wering white and visiting team wearing dark???
Has the "duck itch" gone to your brain,or is the millfoil taking it over? :turkey:

Well , in order for you to be allowed to wear your third jersey you have to ask the league office and they okay it or they don't so if you got a problem with it complain to them.

And please stop your whining because the Rockets bounced you from the playoffs again............live with it, the Rockets are a better team the Giants, thats why we won not because of the red jerseys we wore.

fightstrap50
04-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Seriously how old are you? It hurts the eyes to try and read your unreadable posts and then you expect us to believe you are a creditable and objective poster? LMFAO, you only have to look at your teams GM to realize that ...why not go toss a table on some unsuspecting fans so you can be just like him LOL
your the farthest thing from credible around here! cant you see all the periods and commas, or cant you read right. I know a great tutor if youd like.
find something selse to complain at me about. Mr scout!

In the crowd
04-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I thought this was a hockey chat board, not an english teachers forum, come on lets stick to hockey talk, not where commas and periods belong. Complete sentences 101 aren't a prerequisite to post here.

kelownakarl
04-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Pretty quiet around here today folks. :skeptical

Jew Panda
04-24-2005, 03:53 PM
So, how did Troy honestly compare in the fight with Dawes? I'll take a fans view over his. :laugh:

Jovorock
04-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Just suck it up Rocket fans and stop blaming the refs,you're getting a reputation for whining,like the Tiger fans....
Do not come on here and troll, I wasn't blaming Herman, all I said was it was a bad call and Dawes got special treatment? How is that whining?

Beaner
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
So, how did Troy honestly compare in the fight with Dawes? I'll take a fans view over his. :laugh:

I watched the highlight last night, and Troy got fed his lunch from Dawes. It was a clear and desive win for Dawes. Troy was basically hanging on for dear life while Dawes hit him repeatedly. It was no contest.

As to the High Stick, the replay was unclear, however the Kootenay's players stick was clearly elevated above his head. I couldn't make out if it hit the stick or not, but that probably has more to do with my crapy TV than anything.

However, as the saying goes, don't stop playing until you hear the whistle.
We have all seen that happen both for and against the team we cheer for. Keep playing till the whistle goes.

rinkrat
04-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I wasn't blaming Herman, all I said was it was a bad call and Dawes got special treatment? How is that whining?
If thats not whining what is? Dawes got special treatment? Bad call? THATS WHINING,and if you Rocket fans don't stop it when you lose,you will forever be labelled "whiners"

Mats
04-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Dawes got involved with Ofukany cause he and another Rocket were giving it to Cracknel. Dawes did what any player or in this case "captain" should do.
And a decisive win at that. It is good to show by both Busto and Dawes that the Ice won't be pushed around this series.
As for the goal, from my vantage point it was clearly a hi-stick and the play should have been blown dead but it evens out after Dawes got hauled down on Webers goal.
Here is to what is shaping up to be a great series- Enjoy.

fightstrap50
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
The ref has no say in what color jersey a team is wearing.

First penatly was to Kootenay fightstrap get your facts straight and please don't accuse other teams of exactly what your team does, they are right up there witht he best at chippy,clutching and grabbing hockey....take those glasses off and clean the ICE from them so you can see objectively :clown:
actually the first penalty was not to the ICE it was to the Rockets for slashing the stick out of Dawes hands against the boards.
I just watched the game again and rewound it about 4 times to be sure before i correct you. So before you jump all over me like a fly on poop make sure you know YOUR facts thanks!

HAF
04-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Come on guys... Lets get on with the hockey talk and leave the name calling for the other boards.

HAF
04-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Enough with the personal attacks on eachother. They will not be tolerated on this board.

mccabe23
04-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Here's a thought.....

Since there has been quite a few fights between Team Canada players after the tourney, how about Weber and Dawes giving it a go? ;)

Beaner
04-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Here's a thought.....

Since there has been quite a few fights between Team Canada players after the tourney, how about Weber and Dawes giving it a go? ;)

How about Weber vs. Glass? :laugh:

C.F
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM
The Ice deserved their win. Try to lose with class.

Jovorock
04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
The Ice deserved their win. Try to lose with class.
Please post with class instead of this meaningless crap.

C.F
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Please post with class instead of this meaningless crap.
Of all the posts in this thread, you're calling my post "meaningless crap"

Ice and especially Rocket fans have posted a ton of rubbish in this thread. The series is tied like it should be.

(I swear I've posted this already. Did you delete my post, or am I going mad?)

mccabe23
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM

Ice and especially Rocket fans have posted a ton of rubbish in this thread. The series is tied like it should be.

C.F., your team is done. Go find a hobby for the summer instead of stirring the pot.

C.F
04-26-2005, 05:49 PM
C.F., your team is done. Go find a hobby for the summer instead of stirring the pot.
Hockey fan first, Giants second. I'll find a hobby after the mem cup. Until then, I'm going to put my imput in just like everyone else, and I think blaming the refs for the loss is very poor sportsmanship. Stirring the pot? Check out the grey board.

Jovorock
04-27-2005, 05:46 AM

Yes I deleted it, if all your going to do is come on here and whine about Kelowna fans then I will delete it in a heartbeat. Post hockey stuff and no more crap!

C.F
04-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes I deleted it, if all your going to do is come on here and whine about Kelowna fans then I will delete it in a heartbeat. Post hockey stuff and no more crap!
*bites tongue*

Although I think that is complete bull, especially because other fans get away with twice as much, I'll never say anything negative of Rocket fans comments. You guys are always right. How could I be so silly?