PDA

View Full Version : Melnychuk

Brandonite
06-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Anyone surprised at all that he went undrafted?! I personally have mixed feeling about this. I thought he would go in the 6th-7th round but at the same time guys that are ranked that low is always a toss up. I didnt like what he said in the Brandon Sun about how there were players who got drafted that he is better than. Clearly he wasnt and 30 NHL teams thought the same. Im sure he will get an NHL invite somewhere though

wheaties89
06-28-2009, 06:10 PM
teams dont draft on who is better then who currently or scouting would be pretty simple. its all about potential and if the player will continue to develope and make it to the nhl

Boltz9
06-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Maybe all the scouts started to put down the bottle and think. I don't know how he was ranked that high in the first place.

Brandonite
06-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Maybe all the scouts started to put down the bottle and think. I don't know how he was ranked that high in the first place.

I agree. He does have really good size which is something scouts would look at. Being 6'4" and he could still grow another inch or two yet. But he gives the puck away an awful lot and gets beat really badly on 1-on-1's

dagley
06-28-2009, 06:53 PM
If he has a good year this year, and improves...a team might take him in next years draft. Especially if he can add some weight and size to his already big frame. Another inch or two, and 20 pounds and teams wont pass up on him in the later rounds next year.

Vik
06-29-2009, 02:10 AM
I didnt like what he said in the Brandon Sun about how there were players who got drafted that he is better than.

He said that? I like it. You gotta have some confidence to be a hockey player and if I was to have a choice, I'd rather take the guy that's bordering on cocky than someone who's not sure of himself.

As for him not getting drafted, it was a deep draft to begin with and there were also a number of guys who had passed through previous drafts that got selected (which seems to be the new trend late in drafts). I'm guessing the combination of his lack of skill and that he doesn't exactly got the wheels deterred teams for taking a flier on him.

Brandonite
06-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Personally, I think Melnychuk is a plug at the best of times! He is unreliable and always has the fans yelling in anger at him during games. The fact that hes cocky only bugs me in the fact he really has nothing to be cocky about! Go have a chip on your shoulder yes, but you got nothing to be cocky about. Shut your mouth and go play hockey and prove the scouts wrong ON THE ICE!

sbtatter
06-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I didnt like what he said in the Brandon Sun about how there were players who got drafted that he is better than.

He wasn't being super cocky, he just said he thought he was better than some of the guys drafted and he'll have to work hard to prove that this season.....What's wrong with that?
Brodie Melnychuk, poster child for the boo boys last season. Who will be singled out this season?

Boltz9
06-29-2009, 07:57 AM
He wasn't being super cocky, he just said he thought he was better than some of the guys drafted and he'll have to work hard to prove that this season.....What's wrong with that?
Brodie Melnychuk, poster child for the boo boys last season. Who will be singled out this season?

He will likely be singled out again, that is if he is still a Wheat King (likely, but god I hope not) and if he doesn't improve.

sbtatter
06-29-2009, 08:02 AM
He will likely be singled out again, that is if he is still a Wheat King (likely, but god I hope not) and if he doesn't improve.As it stand's, he's our #2 or #3 dman......
He's working out hard this summer, he'll likely take another big step just as Aulie did going into his 3rd year.
And by the way, what's with booing 17 year olds who aren't pro's? I get booing NHL guys who are being paid millions and not trying, but booing one of your own kids who is trying doesn't seem very supportive.....

dagley
06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Anywhere I can look at this Melnychuk article. I did not see, or get a paper the other day.