PDA

View Full Version : WeWantRajala.com

dagley
07-02-2009, 05:59 PM
We Want Rajala!

Boltz9
07-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Got me excited I thought you actually bought and made the site.

dagley
07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Hahaha

Allin44
07-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I dabble in that sort of thing, if I get THAT bored this weekend I'll register the domain.. maybe

Allin44
07-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Strictly hypothetically speaking.. what kind of info should a site like this include..

info on the city
info on the team..

what else

Boltz9
07-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Maybe like something where everyone that wants him to come to Brandon can sign a petition or something. Videos of Rajala perhaps. Would be cool to photoshop a picture of him wearing a WK jersey :P

Allin44
07-03-2009, 09:45 AM
thats the other issue, finding images to use.. people tend to get mad if you just take their pictures.. I know the econ development board has a ton of pictures from brandon you can use for free, the WKs.. not so much

Boltz9
07-03-2009, 10:19 AM
From what I have read it seems like theres not much question that Alexander Urbom will be coming over. Supposedly he was suspended from his Swedish league for not signing a contract and wanting to come to the CHL or something.

Vik
07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
From what I have read it seems like theres not much question that Alexander Urbom will be coming over. Supposedly he was suspended from his Swedish league for not signing a contract and wanting to come to the CHL or something.

Good to hear. He's probably the #2 guy on our team right now and him and Robak should make a solid top pairing.

Allin44
07-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Didn't get around to it.. too many beers on Friday/Saturday morning

Boltz9
07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Thats fine, beer comes first. But if you have the ability to make a good site (which some of us obviously don't), then you should definately spend your free time at work making one :P

Allin44
07-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Thats fine, beer comes first. But if you have the ability to make a good site (which some of us obviously don't), then you should definately spend your free time at work making one :P

Hah, im uhh pretty busy at work, hope the noise in my yard at 4-ish Saturday morning didn't keep you guys up haha

Boltz9
07-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Haha nope not me because I was at Houston's till like 3 and didn't get home till around 4 anyways.

Allin44
07-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Haha nope not me because I was at Houston's till like 3 and didn't get home till around 4 anyways.

I found myself on the dancefloor at the Roadie til close.. just preparing for the Mem Cup next year because I won't be leaving that complex for the entire week!

Boltz9
07-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Haha ya I will be frequently going to the rippers with a fellow whlfans.com user (he knows who he is :p) after games. Just a thought but aren't we lucky to have a team that we can talk about. Like just look at the thread for teams like Portland who haven't had a post since March lol. Its a shock if we don't have one every single day, guess there's just more hype for our team.

Allin44
07-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Haha ya I will be frequently going to the rippers with a fellow whlfans.com user (he knows who he is :p) after games. Just a thought but aren't we lucky to have a team that we can talk about. Like just look at the thread for teams like Portland who haven't had a post since March lol. Its a shock if we don't have one every single day, guess there's just more hype for our team.

18th is going to be chaos that week.. I can't imagine how hard it will be to get into the bars or find a seat at the rock.. tho if it is May the patio on top of theRock may be open I guess!

Brandonite
07-06-2009, 05:35 AM

Im gonna call you on your lie right here because I know this already. Friday night/Saturday morning Houstons shut down way earlier than 3:00. It was more like 1:00 due to nobody being around. Thats a fact...sorry haha. And I might be a bar star but none of the bars are open much past 2am anyways unless there is something going on in Brandon which there definitely wasn't. I remember when I had my first beer though:)

Boltz9
07-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Sorry true I got the nights mixed up, it was Saturday night I went to Houstons. Was there till like 2:30-2:45 but cant really remember lol.

Boltz9
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Rajala in a Wheaties jersey, ya I know im horrible at editing photos but I was bored at work, and give me a break I had to use paint :P

Joe Hallenback
07-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Something to cheer everyone up

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2009/07/rajala-hoping-to-join-wheat-kings.html

Enjoy :bounce:

Boltz9
07-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Ah Joe, you really made my day lol. If this is really how he feels then it will be no surprise to see him in a Wheat King jersey this year. Thanks again Joe!

Allin44
07-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Alright this week sometime I'll start working on something.. was thinking after the season starts it could be a fan site of some sort.. maybe some friendly wagers etc?

Boltz9
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/edmonton/video/index.html?releasePID=xRmR81036DIcbOwctcdAXVdhq7cw ohj_

Heres the video from Global Sports Edmonton.

Joe Hallenback
07-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Pretty much a done deal as being reported on Hockey's Future. He was signed by Edmonton and his club has give him his release to play in Brandon this year

Boltz9
07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I love reading all the articles on this it really gets me pumped up. I'm still assuming Urbom is coming over too unless something has changed.

65 days till the season opener in PA.
72 days till the home opener.
310 days till we are Memorial Cup Champs.

Boltz9
07-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Anyone read the article in the Brandon Sun? They didn't seem so sure and neither did Kelly. I'm still sure it will happen but if it doesn't that will be a huge let down especially when the player comes out and says hes coming.

Joe Hallenback
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Pretty sure they do not want to get peoples hope up too much. The Wheaties have been burned in the past by Euro's so I am guess that they will take a wait and see approach.

Kelly is also known for not saying much about anything when it comes to who is coming to camp or trades. He is just very tight lipped about that kind of thing

Boltz9
07-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Ya that was my thought too. Does seem like theres alot they have to do just to get the transfer agreement done.

The Wheatiemaniac
07-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Strictly hypothetically speaking.. what kind of info should a site like this include..

info on the city
info on the team..

what else

with his name and number on it. I believe his # in the Finnish Nat'l Team was #21. And it's available this year.

Just a suggestion.

Boltz9
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Heard he got hurt today. He was playing in Team Finlands world junior camp game against Switzerland, scored the first goal of the game then hurt is knee and is out for the rest of the tournament. Hopefully its just precautionary as this is only the summer tournament.

Hitmen1
08-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Heard he got hurt today. He was playing in Team Finlands world junior camp game against Switzerland, scored the first goal of the game then hurt is knee and is out for the rest of the tournament. Hopefully its just precautionary as this is only the summer tournament.

It doesn't sound very good.

"We're still waiting to hear [details] but I guess he got tackled in practice and hurt his knee. He got a MRI done [Friday] and we haven't been told how bad it is but it didn't sound very good," said the team source.

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/

Boltz9
08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Hearing that makes me sick to my stomach.

Joe Hallenback
08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a bad one

I hope its not that serious and he is only out for a few months

Joe Hallenback
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Already discussed in other threads, where the talk was of a possible minor MCL injury. According to one jatkoaika.com poster, he saw Rajala walking on his own (with a bandaged knee) to pick up crutches from a place in Tampere where those sort of medical equipment can be picked up.

Looks like a Minor MCL injury which is good news means he will be off weeks 2 weeks tops

Boltz9
08-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Ya saw that post on HFBoards. Definately a good sign that he can walk on his own. Still have yet to hear what the actual results of the mri were. Look forward to seeing him here soon though. Do you have any idea if Urbom is still coming Joe?

Joe Hallenback
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Ya saw that post on HFBoards. Definately a good sign that he can walk on his own. Still have yet to hear what the actual results of the mri were. Look forward to seeing him here soon though. Do you have any idea if Urbom is still coming Joe?

No Idea but he hasnt signed in Sweden so I imagine he is coming. If he is walking on his leg then its just a slight tear and it will heal quick

Boltz9
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
No Idea but he hasnt signed in Sweden so I imagine he is coming. If he is walking on his leg then its just a slight tear and it will heal quick

Ya I was pretty sure he would come, thought I heard something about him being suspended for trying to go the CHL or something I'm not sure.

Joe Hallenback
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
He was suspended by Djurgarden for not signing a contract with them. He basically can't play in the Elite league but he can play in the second division but I think he is keen on coming over and playing a year in Junior then turning Pro as a 20 year old.

They speak fairly highly of him in Sweden and I would imagine he would be a big upgrade for us

Boltz9
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
This was taken from an Edmonton news paper today... "Highly rated draft forward Toni Rajala injured his knee at Finland's junior national camp in a scrimmage and is out four to eight weeks, which means he won't be at training camp. Rajala is still undecided whether he'll be playing junior with the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League this season."

Injury sounds not too bad would miss the start of the the season but how he can still be undecided makes no sense to me.

Joe Hallenback
08-13-2009, 12:31 PM
That would mean he has a medium MCL tear which is not that serious probably be on skates first week of September

Boltz9
08-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Thank you Dr. Hallenback. Only kidding. Any idea why the transfer process isn't complete yet? I understand its a pretty ridiculous process.

Joe Hallenback
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Honestly with Euros you pretty much hold your breath until training camp opens

It would be different if they were signed by there NHL teams because then we would have something more official but in Urbom's case the guy may go play in the Sweden second division but everything I have read would indicate he has eyes set on the NHL which would mean coming to Brandon this season and proving a point to the Devils that he wants to be in North America.

With Rajala its different. He wants to come here, the Oilers want him to come here and his team has given him his release so he can come here. I would almost say he is guaranteed to be here and now its just a matter of time with the injury. Lets say the worse thing happens and he is out 8 weeks. He was injured last week which means he's back skating around October 1st. The Wheat Kings will only have played 4 games by then. So it's not that big a deal to rush him along.

In the end everything is pointing too both guys being here. Its a place to showcase yourself to NHL teams that you can excel in the toughest Junior league in the world.

Boltz9
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Wheat Kings just had a press conference to say that Urbom and Rajala are coming, ticket sales are now at 3045 and many more things. I'd expect this to all be on the news tonight :)

Joe Hallenback
08-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Nice about Urbom I think he is going to be awesome for us on the backend. A real presence

Rajala should be ready in 2-3 weeks from now just in time for the road trip

wheatkingfan98
09-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Rajala is in Edmondon right now and then in the next 5 or so days he be in Brandon. On the Oilers website they did a interview with he.