PDA

View Full Version : Hey Joe!(Hallenback)

Allin44
07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
"Brandon will make 5-6 million this year in revenue and will spend money to get the players they need in order to win. Kelly McCrimmon is owner of the Wheat Kings and I am sure this year he would not hesitate opening the bank up for some players. I have heard that they would spend around 300-400K to bring in some quality Euros for this season. Sounds like a Transfer fee payment and around 100K a year for both of the Euros they want"

Where did you hear all this from?

Joe Hallenback
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I know someone who works for the wheat kings on the financial side of things.

They might negotiate a fee with Ilves for Rajala for a season then allow him to go back to Finland the following year. While they would like it lower say in the 100K range they might have to pay the full amount.

The feeling is Ilves has a terrible team this year and they are saying Rajala will get second line minutes BUT its a pro team and they might do what they can to stay in the FNL and that might mean bringing in a good import or two(canadians). Which means Rajala plays on the 4th line or pretty much buried. He is still really small physically and he might not blossom just yet against men. There are very very few young fins in the top league and as good as Rajala is he is not 1st round NHL good.

The bottom line is He really wants to play here. If thats the case then his team,the Oilers and Wheat Kings need to work it out for him. I think it is in his best interest to play in the best junior league in the world for a great team.

Just a side note about Urbom. Apparently he might get a contract from a 2nd division swedish team (make around 100K a year or so) but the Devils want him to play in Brandon for a year and get adjusted to NA. They would then offer him an entry level deal if he progresses normally. He is pretty much 75 percent to come over but Ill be happier on training camp day when he is on the ice

Boltz9
07-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you have really good sources.

What would be the full amount of Rajala's contract?

I'm assuming Kelly has talked to both players by now?

Joe Hallenback
07-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Sounds like you have really good sources.

What would be the full amount of Rajala's contract?

I'm assuming Kelly has talked to both players by now?

I don't really know what much it more just a passing conversation. Pretty sure they have talked to both players or at least the agents

Allin44
09-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Just saw in the other thread you said you were in WPG.. do you go to MJ games? Which teams are good to watch around here?

Toe Drag
09-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Just saw in the other thread you said you were in WPG.. do you go to MJ games? Which teams are good to watch around here?

Who are your picks for this year's team?

Allin44
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Who are your picks for this year's team?
pardon?

Joe Hallenback
09-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Yes I am in Winnipeg

MJHL teams there are the Saints and South Blues. Both play in very poor arenas in the City but that will change next year once the Moose get there new practice facility up

The Selkirk Steelers have a nice rink to watch Hockey in and it is usually a great place to watch a playoff game

AAA Midget hockey is pretty awesome in the city. The Thrashers and Wild are usually both loaded with talent

Allin44
09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes I am in Winnipeg

MJHL teams there are the Saints and South Blues. Both play in very poor arenas in the City but that will change next year once the Moose get there new practice facility up

The Selkirk Steelers have a nice rink to watch Hockey in and it is usually a great place to watch a playoff game

AAA Midget hockey is pretty awesome in the city. The Thrashers and Wild are usually both loaded with talent

Perfect, Im going to try to get to Selkirk for a few games this year.

Where is the Moose' practice facility being built?