PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR

OLDSCHOOL
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Heard that former Hurricane Kris Versteeg signed with the Hawks today.

3 years 9 mill.applause

Bare Bear
07-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Great news. Chris Versteeg was never good enough for the Hurricanes but he was a finalist for the rookie of the year and now he lands a contract like this. BRAVO Chris. With all of the bad news circulating around the Hurricanes, this is a breath of fresh air. Let's just hope that before this contract runs out you are sporting a Stanley Cup ring. Make us proud and make it happen. BRAVO!!vci34

BugsBunny
07-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes it is great news for Kris. Just a reminder that it was not the past management and coach that traded Kris, it was under Stocker and Hofford (main reason) that he was dealt. Kris still is true to Hurricane colors and supports the alumni. But that aside, he deserves the contract that he got. He is a prime example of a little guy making it big! Oh yes, Boston who drafted him also gave up on him.

Bocephus
07-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Congratulations Kris!
I'll never forget the first time I laid eyes on him in a Canes jersey as a 16 year old. He was so small, fast and determined. He took the draw at center and raced into the opposing zone after the puck and at that point I thought he was something special. Success didn't come at all points but it has now and as a fan of Versteeg I couldn't be happier for him.
Way to go Kris.

caniac # 2
07-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Lindsay Hofford are you out there, with or without your intimidating style of coaching, Kris made it to the big leagues, looks good on you Kris and we couldn't be happier for you and your family . Go Hawks !!

RYLAH
07-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Met him and don't like him but good on him for becoming a regular in the NHL. He was lucky that the Hawks screwed up his qualifying offer otherwise he wouldn't be earning as much so soon into his NHL career. This time next year the Hawks will be making some interesting moves to keep the players they feel key to their team as Kane and Toews are up for renewal. I wouldn't be surprised if Versteeg is one of the guys moved. The Hawks are up tight against the cap and even with some outgoing contracts, Kane and Toews will be earning big money that will see Tallon have to make some decisions on key personnel. Interesting to see what happens in Chi-town and if former Canes Versteeg and Seabrook will stay put or be on the move.

BugsBunny
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I can't see Seabrook and Versteeg being moved, but stranger things have happened. The era of the salary cap has certainly changed the face of the game. It could be even worse next season as the cap is expected to be lower. For now we can only keep our fingers crossed that they stay.

moon
07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
The only reason that I don't see Versteeg being moved is that I am not sure any team is going to want that albatross of a contract for another two years.

With the contracts the Hawks have handed out they are going to be in trouble soon with guys that are going to be unmovable. Campbell, Huet, Versteeg, Hossa, maybe Bolland.