PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Urbom

Boltz9
07-18-2009, 05:00 PM
This is the review I got a from a New Jersey fan on Urbom...

"Urbom was the best defenseman for the white team today. He looks absolutely humongous on skates. He looked way bigger than 6'3". Urbom reminds me a lot of Marc Staal, except he is alot more physical. He is everything you can ask for in a defensive defenseman. He is so mobile, making dekes through back checking forwards and had 3 or 4 amazing passes across the neutral zone springing out the forwards. His passing is so good. Almost like a shot straight to the tape. He knows when to pinch and did it effectively each time which I absolutely loved to see. He is so mobile and his skating is extremely good for a d-man like him. I think he is two years away from the NHL, and I think we will definitely be seeing him in a Devils uniform."

That sounds really nice, I'm assuming only the transfer papers need to be signed for him to come over much like Rajala.

Brandonite
07-18-2009, 08:44 PM
That is real good to hear. He sounds like a good player thats for sure. Alot of Europeans get drafted in late rounds based on where they are from and I think thats why Urbom & Rajala went later than quicker! I noticed Rajala signed with Edmonton the other day so it will be interesting to see what happens with him but gotta love hearing good stuff rather than negative feedback.

Vik
07-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Rajala went where he did because he's tiny. If he had decent size, he would've been a top 10 pick.

Brandonite
07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Rajala went where he did because he's tiny. If he had decent size, he would've been a top 10 pick.

Eeeeaaasssyyy Pierre McGuire!

dagley
07-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Just needs the clean shaved head :)

Brandonite
07-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Just needs the clean shaved head :)

haha "this kids a monster! He gets it, HE REALLY GETS IT!" haha

The Wheatiemaniac
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
That is real good to hear. He sounds like a good player thats for sure. Alot of Europeans get drafted in late rounds based on where they are from and I think thats why Urbom & Rajala went later than quicker! I noticed Rajala signed with Edmonton the other day so it will be interesting to see what happens with him but gotta love hearing good stuff rather than negative feedback.

The thing about European transfers, is that the red tape seemingly takes forever. I'm certain that Rajala and Urbom will both be wearing Black and Gold this winter. But it's gonna take what seems like forever to get it done. I can't see Finland or Sweden causing any ripples for drafted players. The problem we had with Lukanchykhov(spelling prolly wrong) and Mayorov was that they were Russian players. Russia is not signed on to the transfer agreement. So they choose to try and make it difficult for players wanting to leave Russia. We will have our new superstars come fall.
Have patience, Wheat King Nation. This is our year. We will prevail.

Vik
07-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Eeeeaaasssyyy Pierre McGuire!

The kid broke the scoring record at the U18s that was previously held by some guy named Alex Ovechkin. I don't think anyone doubts he has top 10 skill.

Boltz9
07-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Another review from another fan at NJ Devils camp:

"I was sitting with Sam Woo, who took a liking to young Alex pretty early on, as everyone there certainly heard. Urbom was the white team's best defenseman today and seems like a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy. Really seemed like he stepped into a leadership role and you could tell Scott Stevens and Albelin (white team coaches) trusted him. He was solid in his own end but did not hesitate to step up into the play, where he didn't look lost either."

Can't wait for our camp to start so we can see this for ourselves. If he looks this good against other top prospects I wonder what he will look like alongside a guy like Melnychuk, sorry to the Brodie fans or fan :P

wheaties89
07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
our championship team is starting to come together. we just need a goalie i think