PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey's??

O&C
07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I heard the League is switching to the RBK Edge equipment for this up coming season. Does anyone know if the Canes are switching up their jersey's or what they will look like??

I was bored and came up with a quick idea or two....

jkanes
07-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes, we are definately in need of some new uni's. and not just new 3rd jerseys like we get every year, the home and road jerseys too! I like the jerseys u posted, they remind me alot of washingtons

BugsBunny
07-21-2009, 11:47 AM
I understand that there will be a 3rd new jersey along the likes of Washington, with the only other change being to the logo. The Hurricane logo will drop the puck swirl underneath the name Hurricanes which will remain with the name in a small arc.

clrkthjGo Canes Go!

O&C
07-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Do you have a reliable source on that Bugs? I know you've had trust worthy info on stuff before so I will assume you know what your talking about. Did you mean that they will have a new 3rd jersey, or a third new jersey...? The wording of that threw me off... Cause the white jersey I made above was just the washington road jersey with Canes logo ect and i think its sharp. Will they switch the darks to red like Wash too or stick with blue?

I will jump on photoshop tonight and see if I can come up with the "new" logo Bugs is describing along with another jersey or two

BugsBunny
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Do you have a reliable source on that Bugs? I know you've had trust worthy info on stuff before so I will assume you know what your talking about. Did you mean that they will have a new 3rd jersey, or a third new jersey...? The wording of that threw me off... Cause the white jersey I made above was just the washington road jersey with Canes logo ect and i think its sharp. Will they switch the darks to red like Wash too or stick with blue?

I will jump on photoshop tonight and see if I can come up with the "new" logo Bugs is describing along with another jersey or two

I hope that I can clarify this......there will be a new third jersey likely in time for the 25th year anniversary. The Hurricane logo change will likely take place as soon as they get them in.

If anyone drives by the Enamx the dismantling of the cement facing is well underway. But one has to wonder just how much will be done by Oct 9th home opener vs Edmonton.

clrkthjGo Canes Go!

metalrules
07-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Well I hope for the new jersey's they go back to more classic look. The original symbol was great, and then they went all cartoon like. Go back and make the jersey somthing to be proud of. But to contradict myself, if they went totally off the wall and changed the colours and the logo that might be something interesting as well.

Orv
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
I understand that there will be a 3rd new jersey along the likes of Washington, with the only other change being to the logo. The Hurricane logo will drop the puck swirl underneath the name Hurricanes which will remain with the name in a small arc.

clrkthjGo Canes Go!

Good description. I'm guessing this is it. It is on their new press releases and is now the logo for the link on WHL.ca. Or is this just a secondary logo?

http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/userfile/indexed/media/719medlarge.jpg

O&C
08-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Here are a couple templates I threw together the other day. Kinda gives an idea as to what the edited logo will look like on a jersey. I kind of hope that the white jerseys look something like what is below. Almost has a retro feel but still looks sharp due to the EDGE cut. Plus it has almost no blue in it which i feel would be a nice change.

I know its not earth shattering or really all that new, but i created the shoulder patch logo from scratch. The name "hurricanes" doesnt really give a guy much to work with. I would be perfectly fine if the Canes continued to just be a text logo team ie. NY Rangers

Orv
08-15-2009, 10:10 AM
O&C I really like those. Great work. I especially like the new style one. The lack of blue really makes it *pop* I think.

Oilersguy
09-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Here is the official jersey just released today.

It looks awesome, gonna place my order asap.

O&C
09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Here are images of both the home and away. The canes really changed it up! Maybe even equally as much as the Cougars. What do you all think!?

Bug's was right on about the look of the logo. I really like the stars on the shoulders instead of the old puck tornado thing. My only beef is that the logo is very small now and is placed kind of high up near the neck.

But overall... I would say an improvement from past years... In a strange way I was actually fairly close with my early mock ups in photoshop! :)

Oilersguy
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm getting kind of a Columbus Blue Jackets vibe with the new colors, looks great though, I can't wait to get one to add to my growing collection of grey 3rd jersey, retro jersey, navy blue jersey. Wife is gonna kill me, but oh well. yeehoo

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
The look of the overall jersey as in the striping, colors, style etc is really cool and modern looking.
However, everything from the size to the layout to the location of the logo on the jersey is in my opinion very poorly done.

BugsBunny
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree with comments from Hurricanes Rock that the jersey layout and colors but the logo is too high on the chest and really too small.

It would be nice if they could find a "mean character" or feature of Lethbridge on the jersery (no not the bridge again). There are enough of the teams with nasty looking characters which certainly add to the jersey and logo.

I am not sure what would go with the name Hurricanes in the form of a character. Changing the name to Miners and having a mean looking coal miner as a character??????

clrkthj Go Canes Go[/COLOR]

BugsBunny
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Word out on the street is that Michael Dyck has signed a one year deal as an assistant coach with the University of Lethbridge. Anyone know if this is right or not?

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes it was on the local sports last night. One year assist/assoc coach at U of L.

BugsBunny
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks HR. Canes are winning 4-3 early in the third.

clrkthj Go Canes Go

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
With the name Hurricanes the options are somewhat limited. Since they left too much room inthe middle of the Jersey they could add a small tough/nasty caraciture say of "old man winter" blowing a puck/snow. It depicts cold = ice/hockey and wind = hurricane and a storm which is tuff and nasty. Maybe use it for a third jersey. The more I think of it, I am not an artist, but I think someone could doctor this kind of photo up too represent the name Hurricanes and the sport of hockey quite nicely. If the Hitmen can have a simple mask on one of their jerseys representing a "hitman", this is not that far fetched. I have attached a generic non enhanced example. Maybe O & C can do some tinkering. I will give him 2% of all profits earned from "OLD MAN HURRICANE".......lol.
Unlike TAZ I am sure he is not copyrighted.......................yet!

BugsBunny
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Ok HR, looks like a mean wind bag! Good one!

I am sure it is not protected by copywrite. Now to find another?

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Maybe an dirty (looking) old man blowing something is not the best logo eh................lol

BugsBunny
09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Well we could always use the wind turbines!

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

BugsBunny
09-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Canes drop one to the Ice 5-4 in a shootout with mostly 15-16 year olds in the lineup. Anderson went the distance in nets. Penalties hurt the Canes again. Gave up 3 pp goals.

CrazyCanesFan
09-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't like the new logo as much as the old one. Too plain.

BugsBunny
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Canes drop a 2-1 loss to Everett with Cam Braes getting the only goal and Michael Tajdeh stopped 31 0f 33 shots. Two good outings for Tajdeh which will certainly help his confidence. But how strong was the Silvertips lineup? Interesting to see what moves will be made prior to the season opener in Cranbrook.
Brad Robson apparently has gone to TC to look at some players. TC has 4 overages, Everett has 2 and Portland has 4.

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

CrazyCanesFan
09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Another good performance by Tadjdeh yesterday, so far it looks like he might be the go-to guy for the No.1 goalie position right now, but lets see how well Kolppanen does in his next game. The 'Canes play the Winter Hawks today. Go Canes Go!

BugsBunny
09-12-2009, 01:48 PM
The jury will still be watching our goaltending situation with the Hurricanes. I still think that they will be looking for an over age to tutor the other 2 goaltenders if they stay with 3.
Regina Pats goaltender Lindsay Rowat is caught in an over age numbers situation and with Curtis Hunt wanting to go younger in nets, he may be just what the doctor ordered for the Canes depending on what Regina asks for in return.....Just a thought!

clrkthj Go Canes Go