PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Competition

Allin44
07-23-2009, 12:50 PM
So as I mentioned to a few people in a PM just to see if there was an appetite for it, I am willing to make an external page that we can do gameday comps that are strictly WK related..

To that end, Ive got the framework started and a domain registered, but what kind of things do you want to be able to pick(It will all be automated)..

I've thought of..

1. Pick Winning Team
2. Reg Time/OT/SO
3. Pick Score
4. Pick Gamewinner(for Brandon)
5. Pick First goal(For Brandon)
6. 1st Star(as handed out by CKLQ)

As we go along I can expand it to include rosters from other team but thats an arduous process.

Any other thing we would like to add to it?

Boltz9
07-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Umm till we get a new goalie we could... Pick the starting goalie (for Brandon) seeing as its almost like a coin toss sometimes, or maybe... Pick how many times Brodie screws up lol. Kidding aside most of those sounds good, I'll keep picking my brain for more. On second thought you could have a thing where you guess the attendance?

Allin44
07-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Umm till we get a new goalie we could... Pick the starting goalie (for Brandon) seeing as its almost like a coin toss sometimes, or maybe... Pick how many times Brodie screws up lol. Kidding aside most of those sounds good, I'll keep picking my brain for more. On second thought you could have a thing where you guess the attendance?

lol was thinking about the attendance thing too.. get the points if your withing what.. +/- 200?

Boltz9
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Ya that sounds reasonable, what else are you thinking of putting on the site?

Allin44
07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Ya that sounds reasonable, what else are you thinking of putting on the site?

Maybe a forum eventually, I want to get the gameday thing done first, then worry about the rest.. gameday.. places to add some media, blogs.. visiting brandon section etc.. any other ideas are much appreciated.. keep in mind Im building it from scratch because I hate things like V-Bulletin that is just canned, so it will take awhile and may have some glitches along the way..

dagley
07-23-2009, 04:05 PM
how many beers I can pound back?

The Wheatiemaniac
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Maybe a forum eventually, I want to get the gameday thing done first, then worry about the rest.. gameday.. places to add some media, blogs.. visiting brandon section etc.. any other ideas are much appreciated.. keep in mind Im building it from scratch because I hate things like V-Bulletin that is just canned, so it will take awhile and may have some glitches along the way..

some Wheat Kings trivia. The Wheat Kings history book(available at the office or souvenier store) could provide you with a ton of little ditty's. Get a sponsor if possible for some trivia prizes. You know, just little stuff.

Just a thought.....

Allin44
07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
some Wheat Kings trivia. The Wheat Kings history book(available at the office or souvenier store) could provide you with a ton of little ditty's. Get a sponsor if possible for some trivia prizes. You know, just little stuff.

Just a thought.....

UGH.. haha thats a lot of work, its going to have to be gradual, Im in a transition right now as well so we'll have to do baby steps. The trivia I can do pretty easily, the prizes etc, we'll wait til the site is near completion and actually functioning before we get that far. May have to enlist some help on that end

Allin44
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe just to clarify, you guys would be more interested in games, comps and stuff as opposed to forums I take it

Boltz9
07-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Ya we can talk our stuff here.

Allin44
07-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm just heading out to Cranberries for some grilled cheese action to try and rid myself of this hangover, I'm hoping to get a good chunk of this done today and I'll try and post some screenshots..

Boltz9
07-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Good stuff, crazy night for you too eh?

Allin44
07-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Good stuff, crazy night for you too eh?

Yeah.. again..

And Cranberries is closed for 2 weeks.. jeeeebus

Allin44
07-25-2009, 03:25 PM
some screenshots.. obviously where it has the game caption will be formatted to show the proper games and time etc.. for my own sanity when I put the times in I am going to convert them all to cst..

there will be a block on the right side either above or below the countdowns(also automated) that will show upcoming games, and another block that will have the top x amount of users and a link to the full leaderboard..

Boltz9
07-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Wow I'm impressed that looks really good and pretty easy to use. Maybe if you can you could add some players pictures to the left side or wherever to spice up the look but otherwise I like it.

Allin44
07-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow I'm impressed that looks really good and pretty easy to use. Maybe if you can you could add some players pictures to the left side or wherever to spice up the look but otherwise I like it.

yeah the "black" background is going to be a collage of pics once I get around to it, I'm just trying to be careful to not use copyrighted material so I need to figure out a way to get some pics

Allin44
07-25-2009, 03:42 PM
yeah the "black" background is going to be a collage of pics once I get around to it, I'm just trying to be careful to not use copyrighted material so I need to figure out a way to get some pics

if you want to see what I mean about the background check out www.stacydittmer.com ..

mckayd2001
08-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I am going to get some highlights hopefully of some goals and stuff this year to put on youtube will most likely have most of the home game fights got a new digital camera that can record in HD or widescreen zooms abit slow in optical zoom but fast when u get into digital zoom but quality is really good no blur when zooming so anyone that wants to use highlights on there own webside can or on this game day competition page.

Allin44
08-10-2009, 09:17 PM
the thing for the games is completely done, just needs a little backend coding to make my life easier, but its all complete for all intents and purposes..

Im working on a few other little things we can put some friendly wagers on...

Anywho, heres a screen shot of the actual gameday page, Ive taken logos and names out as it is all actually live and while nobody can really screw anything up at this point, I'd prefer to keep it down for a few more weeks

Click here (http://www.blairhorn.com/uploads/screenshot.gif)

Boltz9
08-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Looking very good can't wait to use it.

The Wheatiemaniac
08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Nice work, I'm sure we'll all put it to good use. Her's hoping Toni Rajala's name will be on there soon. Get well Toni.