PDA

View Full Version : Starting Goalie?

robthelogger
07-24-2009, 02:36 AM
Just wondering who will be the Wheatkings starting goalie this year? Will there be a battle going into camp for the job?

Brandonite
07-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Hopefully not the same 2 as last season. I'd love it if Brandon actually got 2 completely different goaltenders but that is never gonna happen. I'll settle for 1 solid goaltender however. Hayes & Priestner are both nothing more than a back-up or a "split duty" goalie.

dagley
07-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Hayes will be gone sometime this year. Priestner is our goaltender after next year I believe.

Boltz9
07-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Kinda scary because I think someone mentioned that Kelly really likes and believes in Hayes. But I think your right that Hayes will be gone and Priestner will be our goalie in the future. But what can we really get to replace Hayes this year?

tigsfan0809
07-24-2009, 10:18 AM
You guys interested in Ryan Holfeld? lol! Jk, but I really believe that, behind the right team, that Holfy can be a solid 'tender for a WHL team.....

Boltz9
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Is Guggenberger done or does he still have one more year? Because Kelowna also has a good young goalie in Adam Brown. Looking at the rest of the teams there arent many standouts that I could see being traded, I'm still assuming Braden Holtby will be in the AHL next year as well.

robthelogger
07-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Whats the word on Priestner out there? Does he have what it takes to be the number one?

sbtatter
07-25-2009, 08:05 AM
You guys interested in Ryan Holfeld? lol! Jk, but I really believe that, behind the right team, that Holfy can be a solid 'tender for a WHL team.....

That's not what all the MH fans were saying during games 1 and 2 in the playoffs against us.......They all said Holfeld is brutal

The Wheatiemaniac
07-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Whats the word on Priestner out there? Does he have what it takes to be the number one?

After this season, Liam Liston will come in at 17 and possibly challenge for the starters spot in his rookie year. All reports say this kid is a freak and gonna be a star in the WHL. I guess only time will tell if he lives up to the legend.