PDA

View Full Version : Brenden Walker

mckayd2001
08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
From Portage Terriers website:

Secondly,Terrier fans wanting to watch MJHL Rookie of the year finalist Brenden Walker this coming winter will have to travel 75 miles down the Trans Canada highway to do so. Walker has signed on with the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League. In 59 regular season games last season Walker tallied 64 points, the second most by all MJHL rookies. That pace continued through the playoffs where Brenden racked up 20 points in just 13 MJHL post season games and 6 points in 7 Anavet Cup games. The Wheat Kings play host to the 2010 Memorial Cup next May 14-23 at the Westman Communications Group Place in Brandon. Terrier fans young and old wish Brenden all the best in this next step in his young hockey career.

http://www.portageterriers.com/

Joe Hallenback
08-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Will surprise alot of people this year I think. He can really play and is a tremedous skater. He was excellent in the playoffs and I expect his draft stock to rise as the season goes on.

Honestly if everyone shows up and plays like they can the Wheat Kings are going to be scary. They could possibly have 3 lines that would be number 1 lines anywhere else.

Schenn
Glennie
Calvert
Fehr
Rajala
Stone
Lewadniuk
Depape
Walker

Thats a pretty tremendous top 9

Allin44
08-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Robak
Urbom
Melny..

might need to trade some of that top 9 talent!

dagley
08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Why would we trade Robak?

Boltz9
08-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't think thats the point I think what he was getting at is that we need some more defenceman seeing as he has Brodie ranked 3rd.

dagley
08-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Ah, rofl...im dumb :D

The Wheatiemaniac
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't think thats the point I think what he was getting at is that we need some more defenceman seeing as he has Brodie ranked 3rd.

I keep hearing rumours about Travis Hamonic coming here in a package deal. I'm curious who else would be in that deal. I'm guessing Brendan Walker won't be. He is a true blue chipper, he is. I wonder also if they'll try Walker and DePape on a line together, like they did with Schenn and Glennie.

Boltz9
08-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Like the idea of trying Walker and Depape on a line together. I haven't heard rumors about Hamonic but I love his game and he would work perfect with this team because hes a good passer and offensive defenceman. I still don't know if the Warriors would trade him because he is still young. Where'd you hear these rumors if I may ask lol.

The Wheatiemaniac
08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Like the idea of trying Walker and Depape on a line together. I haven't heard rumors about Hamonic but I love his game and he would work perfect with this team because hes a good passer and offensive defenceman. I still don't know if the Warriors would trade him because he is still young. Where'd you hear these rumors if I may ask lol.

Everone I've come across talking defencemen seem to pop his name out. And plenty pass it on that they hear he's coming here.....like I said, merely rumour. But I'm with you, he'd be a great addition. One thing I think we definitely need on the D-line is a bruiser. Like a McCue type. Someone to take care of things.....know what I mean???

Allin44
08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Everone I've come across talking defencemen seem to pop his name out. And plenty pass it on that they hear he's coming here.....like I said, merely rumour. But I'm with you, he'd be a great addition. One thing I think we definitely need on the D-line is a bruiser. Like a McCue type. Someone to take care of things.....know what I mean???
One that can move laterally tho?

Boltz9
08-11-2009, 10:01 PM
One that can move laterally tho?

Ya one that doesn't take stupid penalties and has less mobility than a pylon. But yes we do need a bruiser, kinda like Erb just better. Especially if Rajala does come we will need to protect him and make sure if anyone runs him that they pay.

Joe Hallenback
08-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Talking with some scouts from different organizations last night in Calgary. 2 Players Brandon will be interested in and will be watching through out the year will be Brett Ponich in Portland and Scott Ramsay in Chilliwack. Both are big,mean guys and are fairly good guys for that type of roll. Depending on how Portland or Chiliwack does you could see some movement there.

Brandonite
08-11-2009, 10:20 PM

Hamonic isn't exactly young anymore. He will be a 19 year old this season and it would be his 4th year. Personally a guy like that IMO is perfect trade bait for a team like Moose Jaw if they are anything like last year because either way this is likely Hamonic's last year in Junior.

Boltz9
08-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Hamonic isn't exactly young anymore. He will be a 19 year old this season and it would be his 4th year. Personally a guy like that IMO is perfect trade bait for a team like Moose Jaw if they are anything like last year because either way this is likely Hamonic's last year in Junior.

Hmm guess I thought he was younger than that, my bad. Either way he would look good in a WK jersey. What do people think the chances are that we actually get Eberle from the Pats?

Brandonite
08-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Hmm guess I thought he was younger than that, my bad. Either way he would look good in a WK jersey. What do people think the chances are that we actually get Eberle from the Pats?

The way he talks it makes you wonder if he will at one point end up in Brandon. The interview on TSN with the World Junior camp, when they were talking to Eberle about possibly returning to Regina or sticking in Edmonton he said something along the lines of "if I return to Junior its not so bad, I get to have a shot at one of the greatest trophies in hockey the Memorial Cup". The only reason why i questioned this was because if he thinks the Regina Pats are going to compete for a Mem Cup this year he is very sadly wrong! Then again, hes never gonna come out and go against his team...obviously

Boltz9
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
The way he talks it makes you wonder if he will at one point end up in Brandon. The interview on TSN with the World Junior camp, when they were talking to Eberle about possibly returning to Regina or sticking in Edmonton he said something along the lines of "if I return to Junior its not so bad, I get to have a shot at one of the greatest trophies in hockey the Memorial Cup". The only reason why i questioned this was because if he thinks the Regina Pats are going to compete for a Mem Cup this year he is very sadly wrong! Then again, hes never gonna come out and go against his team...obviously

Haha ya I noticed that interview too. I'm sure if they asked him he was talking about the Pats but your right he's going to be deeply dissapointed if he thinks they will compete. Then again maybe he knows something we don't know and something is already in the works :)

Joe Hallenback
08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I think if the Pats are out of it be Christmas there would be a good chance he could be here

I wonder what it would take probably a 1st round bantam pick and 16/17 year old or 2