PDA

View Full Version : Virtue named Associate Coach

Stay-Puft
08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Americans Promote Virtue to Associate Coach

http://www.amshockey.com/news/article.src?ID=3498

August 05, 2009

Dan Mulhausen Tri-City Americans

KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans Governor/General Manager Bob Tory announced today that the club has promoted assistant coach Terry Virtue to the position of Associate Coach for the upcoming 2009-10 campaign.

In his first full-time coaching role since retiring from a 16-year playing career, Virtue has spent the past two seasons as the Americans' assistant coach. In that time, Virtue has worked closely with Tri-City's defensemen. Last season, Tri-City had three defensemen that collected 30+ points, while the team finished 6th in the League in goals against (184). In Virtue's first season with Tri-City, the Americans were a +193 as a team and held a +86 goal differential, good for 4th in the WHL. Tri-City also finished in the top-5 in goals against and was among the least penalized teams in the League.

"Terry has spent two years with our organization and has developed as a valuable employee," Tory explained. "With the hiring of a new head coach imminent, I felt it was important to recognize Terry's contributions to the club. The new position will provide Terry with an expanded role and responsibilities within the coaching spectrum."

"This promotion is definitely a positive step for my future and for my family," said Virtue. "I see it as a great way to gain further development in my coaching career."

Virtue's new position takes effect immediately as the Americans' Rookie Camp kicks off in three weeks.