PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Inks with the Salmon Kings

dondo
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
D Rud close to home again playing in Victoria for the ECHL Salmon Kings

http://islandsportsnews.net/?p=1097

Chief Jeff
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't think he gets enough credit for the Memorial Cup run. His buying into the system in Spokane after leaving Vancouver under less then ideal circumstances was crucial to the Chiefs. He set the example for Bowman and Wahl to play the two way defensive game that was so crucial to the playoff run.

LifelongChiefsFan
08-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't think he gets enough credit for the Memorial Cup run. His buying into the system in Spokane after leaving Vancouver under less then ideal circumstances was crucial to the Chiefs. He set the example for Bowman and Wahl to play the two way defensive game that was so crucial to the playoff run.

I agree. Everyone knew losing Bruton would be a big blow to the leadership department, but I think everyone underrated how big the loss of Rutherford, and really Blackwater too, would be to the Chiefs. In addition to the leadership they provided, those 2 scored a lot of huge goals for the Chiefs in the '08 playoffs.

Congrats to DR though. It's great to see him play in his home province.

dondo
08-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Rudy has a big big ego .. I was frankly surprised how well he played in Spokane. The problem was that there was no room for him on the top two lines, so he had to be dealt or wasted on the third line. We could see he had some skill, but his heart wasn't there more than the other guys -- he seemed to find that playing with Bowman and Wahl, about as perfect a fit as a player like DR could ask for