PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon Contacts

CHtoo
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Congrats on the national championship. Gotta love Yonkman and Bortis. :clap:

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Dustin Cameron who is a left winger for the contacts and was drafted by the Blades last year and if he cracks the line-up next season I think he will be a good addition to the Blades, but both Travis Yonkman and Kyle Bortis are great players and will most certainly help the Broncos in the years to come. it will be tough for Travis Yonkman to become the #1 guy next year seeing as they already have Kyle Moir but Yonkman will be the #1 guy in the near future. Kyle Bortis is a great player and should become an Offensive star in the DUB IMO judging by the way he has played with the Contacts but then again he will be making a huge step and I really hope both of these players do well with the Broncos.

Pirate005
04-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Bortis will be 17 next year if he makes the Broncos! Bortis could have a tough time playing in the dub with his style of game. Bortis doesn't like getting dirty in the corners and could have some problems if he go's to SC. I don't think he is a lock to do so well in the WHL but you never know. There are far better 17 yr olds in the league next year than Bortis, that is forsure. David Richard at only 5'9 could be quite the sniper for the TBirds though...Dustin Cameron will be a good 2 way player who will drive the net hard for the Blades as well.

Tinner
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
congrats to them, thats both the big tourneys this year! (nationals and Macs)

Flathead
04-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Coach Dean in Swift said earlier this year that he thought Bortis could have probaly played this year with the Broncos. But decided that letting him develop anbother year in aaa would be more benificial for him, as he would have only seen limited ice time in Swift.