PDA

View Full Version : 09'/10' Roster

Brandonite
08-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Just a prediction as to what the roster will look like after the O.A. dilemma is figured out and what not. So basically a month into the season, whats everyones roster predictions? We all know there are going to be trades but I think its fare to say they likely wont happen til a little further into the season. Anyways...

Forwards (14)
M. Calvert
S. Glennie
B. Schenn
J. Fehr
A. Lewandiuk
M. Stone
J. Hale
J. Hall (will be gone by season' end IMO)
P. Ciarelli
J. Depape
T. Rajala
K. Wilson
B. Walker
J. Swyripa

Defence (8)
B. Melnychuk
C. Robak
D. Bestland
A. Urbom
R. Miller
M. Schneider
S. Robidoux
D. Ehrhardt

Goal
J. Priestner
A. Hayes (not for long IMO)

Brandonite
08-15-2009, 08:24 PM
IMO...
Sanfred King will get released and end up somewhere in the MJHL.
Del Cowan will be the odd man out in the O.A. dilemma but will definitely have somewhere to play in the WHL if he decides to do so should he not make Brandon. I believe his MJHL rights are still owned by the Neepawa Natives and thats around where he is from I believe so he might decide to do that if things dont work in Brandon for him.
Jesse Hall will be a throw in for a trade or else released
Andrew Hayes will be traded for an up grade in goal
Veterans like Jordan Hale, Paul Ciarelli, Stephane Robidoux, Mark Schneider & Brodie Melnychuk could also be guys shipped out of Brandon for more skill if they dont perform early.

wheaties89
08-16-2009, 12:04 AM
cowans rights our with ocn
Lewandiuk i think will be the odd man out

Roger
08-16-2009, 08:21 AM
IMO...
Sanfred King will get released and end up somewhere in the MJHL.
Del Cowan will be the odd man out in the O.A. dilemma but will definitely have somewhere to play in the WHL if he decides to do so should he not make Brandon. I believe his MJHL rights are still owned by the Neepawa Natives and thats around where he is from I believe so he might decide to do that if things dont work in Brandon for him.
Jesse Hall will be a throw in for a trade or else released
Andrew Hayes will be traded for an up grade in goal
Veterans like Jordan Hale, Paul Ciarelli, Stephane Robidoux, Mark Schneider & Brodie Melnychuk could also be guys shipped out of Brandon for more skill if they dont perform early.
Mr Cowan is from the Hartney area.Taking a wild guess here but I believe he was raised about 7 or 8 miles NE of Hartney not to far from the Souris River.
Yep I was raised in the same flatlands as Cowen roughly five miles from his parents homestead.

Brandonite
08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
cowans rights our with ocn
Lewandiuk i think will be the odd man out

I personally think it will be Cowan being the odd-man out. But who knows, it will make for a great battle in camp. Also, if Lewandiuk does not make the Wheat Kings its been told he will go back to the MJHL in Winkler to play for the Flyers again. Its either the Wheat Kings or the Winkler Flyers for him, no other WHL team

The Wheatiemaniac
08-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I personally think it will be Cowan being the odd-man out. But who knows, it will make for a great battle in camp. Also, if Lewandiuk does not make the Wheat Kings its been told he will go back to the MJHL in Winkler to play for the Flyers again. Its either the Wheat Kings or the Winkler Flyers for him, no other WHL team

That alone could sent his trade value down the drain. I feel if Lewadniuk is given a chance, he'd have a great year now that he has adjusted to the league a bit. But If Aulie turns pro, the #3 overage spot will be a goalie. Either Rowat or Guggenburger would be my guess.

Brandonite
08-20-2009, 06:37 AM
That alone could sent his trade value down the drain. I feel if Lewadniuk is given a chance, he'd have a great year now that he has adjusted to the league a bit. But If Aulie turns pro, the #3 overage spot will be a goalie. Either Rowat or Guggenburger would be my guess.

Alot of O.A.'S in the past for Brandon have just said "the hell with it" and gone back to Junior A in their hometown province where family and friends are able to watch more often. Lewandiuk is from around the Winkler area (or else actually from Winkler) so you can't blame him for wanting to play closer to home in his final year of Junior. But in saying that, I dont think it will be him leaving anyways. Del Cowan can work his ass off all he wants, at the end of the day I wouldn't take him for an O.A. spot and if they actually did keep him over Lewandiuk, I would expect Cowan gone shortly after for a much better O.A. to have on that 3rd spot. I like the sounds of Linden Rowat from Regina. I was really surprised when he didnt sign with Los Angelas. He's easily top 6 goaltenders in the WHL and would look nice in a Wheat Kings uniform. Not so sure how thrilled Parker would be dealing with a team he sees 10 times a year