PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see in a wheatkings jersey this year?

mckayd2001
08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Being the Memorial Cup host's who would you like brought in via trades to be in a Wheatkings jersey this year?

Allin44
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Eberle
Hamonic
Plante

and a goalie that is slightly above mediocore.. Jones? Holtby if hes returned to JRs

Brandonite
08-19-2009, 06:16 AM
I think either Stanford or Zemlak would do very well for the Wheaties

What about Ryan Button? 3rd round pick to Boston just this past draft. I dont know much about P.A. to give a full judgement on them but Im guessing hes gonna be on the top defence pairing and relied on alot for the Raiders. I know the Bruins are very high on him, maybe a guy like that would look good coming to Brandon.

Joe Hallenback
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Things I would like to see assuming our Euros are here

1. Another top Defense man. Hamonic would fit that bill perfectly but guys like Scott Ramsay in Chiliwack or Brett Ponich in Portland would be very good as well.

2. Tough Bottom 6 forward with size who can play. Tyler Halliday,Taylor Jordan or Cameron Abney. We got alot of talent but someone to protect them and do the dirty work would be nice

3. Something Crazy like Kyle Beach. If he is sent back to Junior and Lethbridge isn't very good would it be a good idea to grab a guy like him? There is not doubting his skill and having a true power forward would be nice

Allin44
08-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I really wanted Beach last year, this year not so much. If you are going to bring him in it needs to be at the start of the year to make sure he can exist without being a giant distraction, trading assets and bringing him in at the deadline is a pretty big gamble IMO

Joe Hallenback
08-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I really wanted Beach last year, this year not so much. If you are going to bring him in it needs to be at the start of the year to make sure he can exist without being a giant distraction, trading assets and bringing him in at the deadline is a pretty big gamble IMO

Is the Memorial Cup worth that Gamble? I think it is. Alot of this is moot right now because it is really hard to say which teams are going to be good and which are going to be bad. There is so much parity in the WHL

The Wheatiemaniac
08-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I think either Stanford or Zemlak would do very well for the Wheaties

Tell me you're kidding. Perhaps you'll get a better response if you run those 2 past the Kindersley Clippers. We need a real goalie, thanks anyway.

Look for Linden Rowat coming over from Regina...or at least that's the closest to a top line goalie who will be back in the Dub this year. There has been talk that Guggenburger will be made available by Kelowna if Adam Brown has a great camp.

All the other overage eligible goalies in the elite category are turning pro this year....i.e. Holtby, Tokarski, and Pickard.

The Wheatiemaniac
08-19-2009, 04:33 PM

Talent wise, yes. But I think Captain Cancer needs to stay as far away from our boys as humanly possible. Beach has alot of growing up to do before he can be considered a beneficial commodity to a contender in any league.

Boltz9
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has said (Eberle, Hamonic, a punishing defender, high end goalie, I like the thought of Guggenberger or Rowat, and please no Beach.)

wheat_city
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Talent wise, yes. But I think Captain Cancer needs to stay as far away from our boys as humanly possible. Beach has alot of growing up to do before he can be considered a beneficial commodity to a contender in any league.

what makes you think he is a cancer to the dressing room? I am pretty sure kyle is a respected guy with his own teammates he is just a sh*thead on the ice, he gets good players off their game and still can put the puck in the net. He does not need to grow up he will always play that way thats the type of player he is. Its exciting to watch.

Brandonite
08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
what makes you think he is a cancer to the dressing room? I am pretty sure kyle is a respected guy with his own teammates he is just a sh*thead on the ice, he gets good players off their game and still can put the puck in the net. He does not need to grow up he will always play that way thats the type of player he is. Its exciting to watch.

This is a debate that could be argued forever about Kyle Beach. But the fact that he has been suspended atleast 5 times in his WHL career. Yes, he is a great hockey player for sure but problems definitely seem to follow this kid around and he's 9.5 out of 10 times in the middle of it. I for one also think he needs to grow up. Its fine to be that agitator but when its starting to put your team in jeopardy and in a hole not having him in the line-up, I think something needs to change. He has a short fuse that goes off way to much which is what gets him in trouble. Plus, not to mention last season when he got called up to the AHL after the season in Lethbridge was over and what does he do...gets sent home for discipline reasons! You can't be doing **** like that, thats a maturity thing that he needs to get past before he plays for the Blackhawks. All of this I have mentioned is a problem to the dressing room, and problems you dont need on a Mem Cup host. Hes a guy that will take that big, stupid penalty to lose the game...that is if he's not suspended by then.

mckayd2001
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Things I would like to see assuming our Euros are here

1. Another top Defense man. Hamonic would fit that bill perfectly but guys like Scott Ramsay in Chiliwack or Brett Ponich in Portland would be very good as well.

2. Tough Bottom 6 forward with size who can play. Tyler Halliday,Taylor Jordan or Cameron Abney. We got alot of talent but someone to protect them and do the dirty work would be nice

3. Something Crazy like Kyle Beach. If he is sent back to Junior and Lethbridge isn't very good would it be a good idea to grab a guy like him? There is not doubting his skill and having a true power forward would be nice

I would like to see Cameron Abney here he's young and very tough. What does everyone think of Sena Acolatse for a defenceman i see he was -1 in 45 games his first season than +19 his second season in 71 games than really bad at -15 last season in 70 games?

Allin44
08-21-2009, 10:39 AM
There are also rumors that the Canucks want to sign Schroeder and put him in the WHL for a year, Everett owns his rights and IIRC they are going to be brutal this year, a good prospect or some draft picks may do it?

Crush Kill Destroy
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
He is already Wheat King property, and his arrival would allow management to move another forward (likely Lewadniuk) as part of a deal to acquire further experience on the back end, whether it be on the blueline or in net.