PDA

View Full Version : Do players get paid?

RDRebelsfan
04-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Do WHL players get paid? I heard form Sutter via email that is varies by team...however someone on another board disagrees and believes everyone gets the same.

If so how much?

Scout
04-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I used to billet players and the vets got more than the rookies. Although it is not a large amount of money they do get a little spending money. It used to be vets that were 19-20 got $100.00 and under 19 got $50.00. Most that are done school get part time jobs to give themselves extra cash. I'm guessing this has changed in the last few years.

Scout

Rebels_chick
04-24-2005, 08:37 PM
^ I think those figures are fairly accurate. Of course, numbers can vary from team to team.
My brother bumped into a few of the Blades guys in the bar this year, and he asked them if they got any money. It was around $100 if I remember correctly.

Wingnut
04-25-2005, 10:37 AM
The players get pay and the amount is set by the league. It's based on the number of seasons you have played in the league but if you are an overage player, you get paid based on being an overager. I think it starts at around $160 per month and the overage maximum used to be $600 per month. Players would get less in net pay as it is considered compensation and taxable by the government, so income tax and CPP must be withheld.