PDA

View Full Version : lineup and expectations for 1st preseason game?

wango tango
08-27-2009, 11:22 AM
BLADES LINEUP FOR AUGUST 27TH VS PRINCE ALBERT RAIDERS

F Brent Benson
F Stefan Burzan
F Jamie Crooks
F Darian Dziurzynski
F Hampus Gustafsson
F Curtis Hamilton
F Charles Inglis
F Braeden Johnson
F Tyler Matheson
F Josh Nicholls
F Ryan Olsen
F Brett Stovin
D Darren Dietz
D Woody Klassen
D Zane Morin
D Duncan Siemens
D Dalton Thrower
D Tyler Yaworski
G Tyler Oswald
G Chris Sharkey

can one of oswald or sharkey step up and show they want to be in the whl.

can matheson be physical, or is he just a big body?

i want to see the vets play like vets especially hamilton.

between morin, yaworski, dietz, and w. klassen who starts to earn one of the few open spots for a dman.

wango tango
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
can one of oswald or sharkey step up and show they want to be in the whl.

can matheson be physical, or is he just a big body?

i want to see the vets play like vets especially hamilton.

between morin, yaworski, dietz, and w. klassen who starts to earn one of the few open spots for a dman.

looks like all the goalies played well, though none of them saw much rubber. no clear favourite coming out of the two games against p.a.

matheson showed he is more than just a big body.

the limited number of vets that played did well.

dietz and w. klassen stepped up and would seem to have an edge over morin and yaworski right now.

i'm hoping throwers injury isn't too serious.

benson and siemens look to be solid contributors to the team.

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
3 players were reassigned today: Stovin,Burzan and Oswald so that leaves Krahn and Sharkey to battle for the #2 spot in goal. I would say that making the defence is a very difficult task because there are only probably 2 or maybe 3 spots open. A couple of spots could be had up front. I hope Matheson makes the team because he is certainly making his case.

Trav
08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
I'd take him over Krahn and Sharkey but whatever, he has a bright future here. Whoever makes it as backup I don't will be here the following year when Oswald comes up and takes over as backup.

Matheson I'd keep right now. Langkow I'd trade.

For d-men I'd keep Dietz, Klassen and Yaworski for now, get rid of Wall. If Thrower is out for awhile I'd keeep Yaworski on until Thrower is healthy.

Elliot
Zahn
Niemi
Siemens
W. Klassen
Thrower
Dietz or an overaged d-man if Klassen isn't back

Yaworski until Thrower is fully healed.

Five rookie d-men but Siemens, Thrower and Dietz have big potential by the looks of it, Wall is 19 and i cant see him being in the top 4 so id get rid of him.

Douglas
09-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Wall should not have been there last year, and wasn't even really developed. We should have gone with more than 6 Ds sharing the regular ice. The D looked tired to me by the time playoffs came last year. I hope that D man 7 and possibly 8 will play and learn this time around. I doubt anyone would want to be "Super Sub".

wango tango
09-03-2009, 12:33 PM
wall earned the right to be in saskatoon last season beating out sohn and middleton for the last spot. i thought he improved as the season progressed and played well down the stretch for the blades.

Trav
09-03-2009, 02:38 PM
last year but this year there's more and better competition facing him. If he shows he's better then Dietz, Yaworski and W. Klassen then he obviously should stay but if he doesn't then there's no way Molleken should keep him obviously.

Douglas
09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Middleton was gone long before the end of October when the final cuts happend. Niether Sohn or Wall was going to get a lot of ice under normal conditions. Sohn expressed his opinion he'd rather play play than sit so was moved to the AJ.