PDA

View Full Version : Problem? Glutton of talented forwards

Allin44
08-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I know this is a great problem to have, but you look at our team right now, and even if we go with(to start) these guys as our top 9..

Stone - Schenn - Calvert
Rajala - Glennie - Fehr
Lewadniuk - Depape - Walker

that leaves guys like Wilson, Rouse, W. King, Ferland, Sinatynski either vying for a fourth line role against our roleplayers like Ciarelli, Hale, Hall etc..

What do you do with them? Keeping in mind that the year after we lose

For Sure: Calvert, Fehr, Lewadniuk, Rajala
Possibly - Schenn, Glennie

I think we have to go for broke this season, and if it means packaging some of those guys in a deal for d-men and possibly a goalie.. so be it..

Also guys on the back end like a Ehrhardt..

Allin44
08-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Worth noting as well, that we could be playing the first month of the season without Schenn, Glennie, Rajala, Urbom, Robak, Calvert so all of those guys are going to get a great look and a big chance to display themselves(for a spot or for a trade)

Brandonite
08-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Worth noting as well, that we could be playing the first month of the season without Schenn, Glennie, Rajala, Urbom, Robak, Calvert so all of those guys are going to get a great look and a big chance to display themselves(for a spot or for a trade)

Yeah I agree with you big time! There seems to be alot of guys ready to step in and play at the very least 4th line and there really is not much room for spots on this roster. I still stand by what i said earlier that veterans like Jesse Hall, Paul Ciarelli, Jordan Hale, Sanfred King, Stephane Robidoux, will all be gone...

sbtatter
08-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Looks to weak to win the Mem Cup as of now, got to trade some of that young talent away for help this season.....

Rajala Schenn Stone
Calvert Glennie Fehr
Wilson Sinatynski Lewadniuk
Hale Ciarelli Depape
Rouse W King

Robak Urbom
Schneider Melnychuk
Bestland Miller
Robidoux Erhardt

Hayes
Liston

BSB
08-29-2009, 08:43 PM
No Ferland on your projected team?

I went down to the arena tonight as I was curious to see the scoreclock and the reno's. I couldn't believe how many other people were there for a scrimmage, granted many of them would have been parents. There must have been over 200 people in the stands.

Anyways, I thought Ferland was one of the best players on the ice from what I saw (I didn't get there until close to the end of the 1st period). Sure, it helps to play with Schenn and Stone, but he was creating many chances himself and always seemed to be around the puck. He appears to have a great set of hands as evidenced on the nifty backhand goal on a breakaway and almost scored again on a second breakaway. He also made a great play backchecking to breakup a 2 on 1 scoring opportunity.

What a nice problem for Kelly to have - deciding which of these talented forwards has to wait another year to play for the WK's (or potentially be dealt).

Brandonite
08-29-2009, 09:03 PM
All 16 year old forwards besides Wilson will make the team. They'll give all the 17 year olds the better chance but you wont see many 16 year olds at all through out the line up on this team.

Brandonite
08-29-2009, 09:04 PM
All 16 year old forwards besides Wilson will make the team. They'll give all the 17 year olds the better chance but you wont see many 16 year olds at all through out the line up on this team.

Meant to say all 16 years old WONT make the team BESIDES Wilson...my bad

sbtatter
08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
No Ferland on your projected team?

I went down to the arena tonight as I was curious to see the scoreclock and the reno's. I couldn't believe how many other people were there for a scrimmage, granted many of them would have been parents. There must have been over 200 people in the stands.

Anyways, I thought Ferland was one of the best players on the ice from what I saw (I didn't get there until close to the end of the 1st period). Sure, it helps to play with Schenn and Stone, but he was creating many chances himself and always seemed to be around the puck. He appears to have a great set of hands as evidenced on the nifty backhand goal on a breakaway and almost scored again on a second breakaway. He also made a great play backchecking to breakup a 2 on 1 scoring opportunity.

What a nice problem for Kelly to have - deciding which of these talented forwards has to wait another year to play for the WK's (or potentially be dealt).
I forgot about Ferland, he's been really good the last 2 days. Put him in Wilson's place and drop W King from my roster.
The knock on Ferland in AAA was he played inconsistently, but if he performs as he has the last 2 days, then no problem!!