PDA

View Full Version : Monday Randoms

Scout
08-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Keen's Korner

Monday, August 31, 2009

- It's a brand new week and I must admit it will be tough to focus on Broncos Hockey. With temps in the low 30C's for most of the week this may be our last chance at summer.

- Kudos to the Edmonton Oil Kings PR/Media staff. They were able to send out detailed game stories and summaries for all the tournament games in St. Albert this weekend. In fact there Broncos/Pats summary arrived right in the middle of my back swing on the 15th hole at Chinook yesterday evening. "BING" (Blackberry sonar sounding alert).

Turn your phone off Keegs.

Thanks guys, the recaps were much appreciated.

- The Moose Jaw Warriors invade the Credit Union i-plex Friday night in the next pre-season action for the Broncos. Word is the Warriors were icing an older line-up than others at the Edmonton pre-season tournament.

Even though this is the pre-season, expect the Warriors to be playing for keeps Friday against the Broncos. The Warriors haven't had much success against the Broncos in the last couple seasons. A pre-season win may earn them some mental mileage. Word is the Warriors' Grantham and Mclaren could dress and see action late in the third period.... I kid, I kid!.

--------

- Who has the best "fan" blog out there? It has to be Alan Caldwell in Calgary. The link is over to the right (Small Thoughts at Large).

After a couple years of media colleagues, fans, Coaches and General Managers asking just who Alan Caldwell is, I decided to look into it. Yes he is based in Calgary; he's not a member of the media currently or in the past. He's just a fan who loves the WHL. He's made such a name for himself that teams are including him on their media releases and roster updates. Keep crunching those numbers. Good work Alan.

whats going to happen with the goaltenders and the 20 year old situation.

www.jonkeen.blogspot.com

Scout