PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Arena Rules

LifelongChiefsFan
04-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Just wondering how many arenas here let fans take pictures during the games. In Spokane you have to check in your camera to guest services (like I really would If I brought mine) so I am just curious to see how many other arenas prohibit this as well.

Also, some odd number of years ago the Spokane arena quit selling peanuts (too many people smuggled them in) but the excuse was they "ruin the seats." That really doesn't have to do with anything but I threw it in there anyway because it's stupid.

Rebels_chick
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Red Deer's arena doesn't allow cameras. This old lady usher gave me heck for having mine. Oops, :laugh:

ihlemic10
04-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Everett gives people flak when they take pic, Kristi can tell you about it. Apparently people take pics of the Tips and sell them online. The team is trying to stamp that out and there was a rumor that they were going to ban camera's completely during the playoffs.

C.F
04-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Everett gives people flak when they take pic, Kristi can tell you about it. Apparently people take pics of the Tips and sell them online. The team is trying to stamp that out and there was a rumor that they were going to ban camera's completely during the playoffs.
So they ban camera's, yet allow half the building to use annoying cowbells? :skeptical

The PC is actually quite nonshalant. They allow large flags, camera's(at least they haven't caught me), and most noise makers. I don't think they allow compressed horns, but I see lots of people use them without any trouble.

Kristi
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I only got flack once and I got it straightened out.

They just don't want people in Everett using their flash (pictures don't come out anyway).

I have never had an issue with cameras in Vancouver. Been taking pictures there since game 1.

I know most East arenas do not allow cameras.

HAF
04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Theres a no camera rule in Tri but other then checking bags at the door they really dont enforce it much.

Kristi
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Theres a no camera rule in try but other then checking bags at the door they really dont enforce it much.

I have to disagree with that! Tri Cities is one of the places I have the most trouble. During the pre-season tournament a couple years ago I had an usher give me some bull and I just laughed at him and continued to take pictures.

Then this year I had a freind from TC sitting with me who had a camera pass and he gave me his camera to take a couple pics and about 10 min later an usher came down and just lit into me about taking pics. (My friend had moved back to his seat)

I hope the new ownership relaxes the rules regarding cameras. I heard from more than one fan over there that the official photographer is really not very nice. I checked out his website and $10.00 for a 4x6 is a COMPLETE rip off IMO!

Brad
04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
The event, rather than the facility, usually dicates the camera or recording policies. Its my understanding that every WHL game is suppose to have a camera policy enforced. Some facilies just choose not to enforce them.

HAF
04-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Kristi,
I'm not saying you guys havent had any problems all I was saying is that I've seen plenty of people taking pictures and have never seen a big deal made of it.

Kristi
04-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Well I will keep trying! Apparently all I have do is call the Ams office before the game and I can get a pass to take pics. Might try that next year! :)

ams fan
05-02-2005, 04:36 PM
i snuck in my digital camera during the regular season in tri-cities and the usher made me delete everything i'd taken there. he watched me the whole time and made snotty comments about how many pics i'd taken. then he confiscated the camera till the end of the game. one time the usher stalked me after i took photos of the scoreboard (no pictures or jumbotron or anything, just numbers) with my camera phone.

had no trouble in seattle at key arena, and you can walk right into either portland barn (memorial coliseum or rose garden) with the camera in plain sight, no problems.

kaniksu
05-02-2005, 11:11 PM
i snuck in my digital camera during the regular season in tri-cities and the usher made me delete everything i'd taken there. he watched me the whole time and made snotty comments about how many pics i'd taken. then he confiscated the camera till the end of the game. one time the usher stalked me after i took photos of the scoreboard (no pictures or jumbotron or anything, just numbers) with my camera phone.

had no trouble in seattle at key arena, and you can walk right into either portland barn (memorial coliseum or rose garden) with the camera in plain sight, no problems.

I can't believe you actually deleted the pictures and gave up the camera. I would have told them to screw off and would have went to my car and put the camera in there.

Rebels_chick
05-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I can't believe you actually deleted the pictures and gave up the camera. I would have told them to screw off and would have went to my car and put the camera in there.
That's what I was thinking too.

Chipper
05-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I volunteered 6 years as a security guard/usher for the ICE and we were told that flash photography was not alowed but pictures were. One thing to remember is that these Security people are mostly volunteers and don't have any real authority to do any thing other than ask you not to take pictures or deal with what ever the problem you are having. They have no lawfull authority. They can report you to someone that does, If it gets to that you may have another less to bargin about. Some of these people seem to think that they are the sheriff in town and that you should bow to them. Never give up your camera, just say you will turn off the flash or refrain from taking photo's unless they have a search warrant. At least thats the way it works here in Cranbrook.

fightstrap50
05-03-2005, 08:47 PM
why did my post on this thread get deleted as it was pretty much what you said about flashes ect. I replyed, it was here and now its gone. It was near the start of the thread when i posted it, Thanks.
NEXT YEAR ICE, NEXT YEAR! GO ICE GO!!! :groovy:

Chipper
05-03-2005, 09:29 PM
why did my post on this thread get deleted as it was pretty much what you said about flashes ect. I replyed, it was here and now its gone. It was near the start of the thread when i posted it, Thanks.
NEXT YEAR ICE, NEXT YEAR! GO ICE GO!!! :groovy:fightstrap50 I don't see that anyone deleted it are you sure it was on this string and not a similar string somewere else? no evidence of it being removed.

HAF
05-04-2005, 05:40 AM
fightstrap50 I don't see that anyone deleted it are you sure it was on this string and not a similar string somewere else? no evidence of it being removed.

I've been following this thread from the start and have never seen any post from you on it. I sure didnt delete it.

Tinner
05-04-2005, 06:41 AM
What about going into the rink, wanting to leave and coming back in. In Red Deer, if you go out during the game, you are not allowed back in.......unless you give up your first born.

Sput
05-04-2005, 10:00 AM
What about going into the rink, wanting to leave and coming back in. In Red Deer, if you go out during the game, you are not allowed back in.......unless you give up your first born.

In PG if you leave the rink out one of the main doors you have to give up a pound of fleash to get back in, BUT if you leave out a smoking door and get a smoke pass there is no problems.

As for cameras and pics, they announce the disclaimer at the begining of the game (with the scratches ect.) about the use of cameras not being allowed without "written consent fromt he Cougars and the WHL". I actually saw one 'paid' security guy almost loose it when someone took a picture during a game. Ended up the guy had to open the camera and destroy the film, and the security dude was trying to get the RCMP involved. They backed right out and wanted nothing to do with it. So advice for anyone that may ever make the trekk up here.....get notification for the Cougs if you are bringing a camera.

Knuckle Chucker
05-04-2005, 11:35 AM
What about air horns. I know in Medicine Hat they are not allowed but in Prince Albert they are allowed.

chuckiedee
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I know that here in Brandon I have taken a few pics. They announce before the game that you have to have league permission in order to take them and they ask for no flashes.
I thought that it was a league thing not an individual team thing.

Rebels_chick
05-04-2005, 07:54 PM
The usher in Red Deer told us that privately owned teams don't allow pictures to be taken at games.

ams fan
05-10-2005, 04:05 PM

yeah BUT i didn't want to miss any more of the game messing around!! i drive over from portland to see my boys and i'm not going to miss one moment more than i have to! and maybe the new owners will allow photos sans flash. i sure hope so.