Byron Froese (91)
Tyler Maxwell (91)
Kellan Tochkin (91)
Ryan White (91)
Markus McCrea (92)
D.Jay McGrath (92)
Tyler Parker (92)
Campbell Elynuik (92)
Mitchell Loose (93) - I'd like to see him on the roster, but not sure there is room
Josh Winquist (93)

Defensemen:
Colin Scherger (89)
Chris de la Lande (90)
Radko Gudas (90)
Drew McDermott (91)
Rasmus Rissanen (91)
Paul Sohor (91)
Alex Theriau (92)
Gabe Minville (92) - I could see him taing Sohor or Scherger's spot
Evan Morden (93)
Ryan Murray (93)
Nicholas Walters (94)

Goaltenders:
Thomas Heemskerk (90)
Kent Simpson (92)
Luke Siemens (92)
Andy Desautels (94)

We know as 94's Walters & DeSautels won't be with the team when they begin the real games (more than likely they won't burn the 5 games that early). It is interesting to note that after multiple seasons of having many (sometimes up to 7) 16 year olds on the roster...this season looks to me like we could have just one or two at the most.

Toe Drag
09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Assuming a 25 man ultimate roster, my predicted roster finalists are in bold

As players get dropped/Added I will update:

Forwards:
Zack Dailey (89)
Shane Harper (89)
Alex Poulter (89)
Dale Hunt (90)
Dan Iwanski (90)
Corey Tyrell (90)
Paul Van de Velde (90)
Cameron Abney (91)
Byron Froese (91)
Tyler Maxwell (91)
Kellan Tochkin (91)
Ryan White (91)
Markus McCrea (92)
D.Jay McGrath (92)
Tyler Parker (92)
Campbell Elynuik (92)
Mitchell Loose (93) - I'd like to see him on the roster, but not sure there is room
Josh Winquist (93)

Defensemen:
Colin Scherger (89)
Chris de la Lande (90)
Radko Gudas (90)
Drew McDermott (91)
Rasmus Rissanen (91)
Paul Sohor (91)
Alex Theriau (92)
Gabe Minville (92) - I could see him taing Sohor or Scherger's spot
Evan Morden (93)
Ryan Murray (93)
Nicholas Walters (94)

Goaltenders:
Thomas Heemskerk (90)
Kent Simpson (92)
Luke Siemens (92)
Andy Desautels (94)

We know as 94's Walters & DeSautels won't be with the team when they begin the real games (more than likely they won't burn the 5 games that early). It is interesting to note that after multiple seasons of having many (sometimes up to 7) 16 year olds on the roster...this season looks to me like we could have just one or two at the most.
Let's pick the roster for 2009/2010. Who sticks with the club?

Toe Drag
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Let's pick the roster for 2009/2010. Who sticks with the club?

Who are the top two lines, and top two pairings so far in camp?

Tipped Off
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
So far they only game they've played is an green-grey scrimmage...so it's pretty hard to tell who is on what line yet. I posted the guys I thought would make the roster in bold on my original list. After this weekend and the tournament I'll give some feedback on the lines.

Tipped Off
09-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Current Roster as of 9/7 - 30 players

Forwards:
Zack Dailey (89)
Shane Harper (89)
Travis Dunstall (89)
Alex Poulter (89)
Dale Hunt (90)
Dan Iwanski (90)
Corey Tyrell (90)
Paul Van de Velde (90)
Cameron Abney (91)
Byron Froese (91)
Tyler Maxwell (91)
Kellan Tochkin (91)
Ryan White (91)
Markus McCrea (92)
D.Jay McGrath (92)
Tyler Parker (92)
Campbell Elynuik (92)
Josh Winquist (93)

Defensemen:
Colin Scherger (89)
Chris de la Lande (90)
Radko Gudas (90)
Drew McDermott (91)
Rasmus Rissanen (91)
Paul Sohor (91)
Alex Theriau (92)
Gabe Minville (92)
Ryan Murray (93)

Goaltenders:
Thomas Heemskerk (90)
Kent Simpson (92)
Luke Siemens (92)

Reassigned
Andy Desautels (94)
Nicholas Walters (94)
Mitchell Loose (93)
Evan Morden (93)

Redwic
09-07-2009, 12:15 PM
It is interesting to note that after multiple seasons of having many (sometimes up to 7) 16 year olds on the roster...this season looks to me like we could have just one or two at the most.

Actually, last season (08-09) the Silvertips only had TWO 16-year olds on the opening roster: Tyler Parker and Markus McCrea. Then, as a result of the Kyle Beach trade in the second-half of the season, the Silvertips acquired 16-year old Alex Theriau.

D. Jay McGrath and Campbell Elyniuk made very brief appearances during the season, for only a few games each, to help out during injury-laden periods.

And in the prior season (07-08), Jeff Regier and Cameron Abney were the only 16-year olds on the roster. So it's been a few seasons since a lot of 16-year olds have made the regular roster, and certainly nothing compares to the 04-05 season when 10-13 were on the roster at one time.

Tipped Off
09-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Hence the phrase " sometimes up to 7"

But, since it is "correction Monday" Last year we had, as you mentioned, McRea and Parker. But I seem to recall we also had Kent Simpson as our Starting 'tender until the acquisition of Heemskerk. So that would be three.

As you also mentioned McGrath and Elyniuk made brief appearances & we acquired Theriau.

As for 2007-2008
McDermott also suited up for 53 games. ..plus a couple call up for a few games.

But you are right, 04-05 there were alot.

The point is still valid, though...if the 16's this season don't perform great....it is possible the Tips could break camp with zero on the roster. Right now I have Murray as the only one "in"...but if the teams keeps Elyniuk I could see Murray not staying...leaving the Tips with zero.

Toe Drag
09-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Hence the phrase " sometimes up to 7"

But, since it is "correction Monday" Last year we had, as you mentioned, McRea and Parker. But I seem to recall we also had Kent Simpson as our Starting 'tender until the acquisition of Heemskerk. So that would be three.

As you also mentioned McGrath and Elyniuk made brief appearances & we acquired Theriau.

As for 2007-2008
McDermott also suited up for 53 games. ..plus a couple call up for a few games.

But you are right, 04-05 there were alot.

The point is still valid, though...if the 16's this season don't perform great....it is possible the Tips could break camp with zero on the roster. Right now I have Murray as the only one "in"...but if the teams keeps Elyniuk I could see Murray not staying...leaving the Tips with zero.
How have these three mentioned, "McGrath and Elyniuk made brief appearances & we acquired Theriau", been performing in pre-season? Which of these three look like they will contribute the most this year?Why?

Tipped Off
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
To Me McGrath has looked much better than the other two. Theriau has not impressed me since he got here. He is still young and skates well so I could see him jumping forward at some point...but he seems to be out of position a lot. I hope he steps up because there is a lot of competition to make this team.

McGrath, on the other hand, always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. He doesn't turn the puck over and isn;t avraid to get his nose dirty in front of the net. I want to see him make this team.

Elyniuk is on the bubble. If the Tips decide to keep three O/A forwards like I think they will...that leaves room for either him or Winquist in my opinion. Personally I think Winquist has performed better in the pre-season so far....but it's only three games and Elyniuk is a year older. I could see the Tips keeping Elyniuk and letting Winquist season down in Bantam's instead of being an occasional player/scratch with the club.

Just my 2 cents. There are many more opinions about this.

Tipped Off
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM
It's going ot be tough getting down to 25. The Tips played well in the pre-season and a lot of the guys on the bubble were impressive. I fully expect the Tips to NOT make a decision on the O/A situation until the mid-October deadline so I will bet they carry 4 (or maybe even all 5) until that time. Anyway, courtesy of Nick Patterson's blog on Heraldnet.com, here are the pre-season final stats.
One thing you will notice is how spread out the scoring was. The team went 5-1 in its six games and no one person ran away with doing all the scoring.

FINAL PRESEASON STATISTICS

Skaters (goals-assists-points)
Harper 3-4-7
Hunt 3-3-6
Murray 0-6-6
Tyrell 3-1-4
Van de Velde 3-1-4
McCrea 2-1-3
Winquist 2-1-3
McGrath 1-2-3
White 1-2-3
Theriau 0-3-3
de la Lande 0-3-3
Sohor 0-3-3
Tochkin 2-0-2
Poulter 1-1-2
Dailey 0-2-2
McDermott 1-0-1
Abney 0-1-1
Froese 0-1-1
Dunstall 0-1-1
Minville 0-0-0
Iwanski 0-0-0
Elynuik 0-0-0
Scherger 0-0-0
Parker 0-0-0
Walters 0-0-0
Morden 0-0-0
Gudas, Rissanen, Maxwell did not appear

Goaltenders (record, shots-saves, percentage)
Simpson 4-1, 134-143, .937
Siemens 1-0, 33-37, .892
Heemskerk did not appear ... [Read More]

Tipped Off
09-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Current Roster as of 9/15 - 27 players

Forwards:
Zack Dailey (89)
Shane Harper (89)
Travis Dunstall (89)
Dale Hunt (90)
Dan Iwanski (90)
Paul Van de Velde (90)
Brett Miller (91)
Cameron Abney (91)
Byron Froese (91)
Tyler Maxwell (91)
Kellan Tochkin (91)
Markus McCrea (92)
D.Jay McGrath (92)
Campbell Elynuik (92)
Josh Winquist (93)

Defensemen:
Colin Scherger (89)
Chris de la Lande (90)
Radko Gudas (90)
Drew McDermott (91)
Rasmus Rissanen (91)
Paul Sohor (91)
Alex Theriau (92)
Gabe Minville (92)
Ryan Murray (93)

Goaltenders:
Thomas Heemskerk (90)
Kent Simpson (92)
Luke Siemens (92)

Trimmed down
Corey Tyrell (90) - Quit (see below)
Alex Poulter (89) - Released outright, Lost out on battle for O/A spot
Ryan White (91) - Released outright, passed on depth chart
Tyler Parker (92) - Rights retained....reassigned yet TBD sight

this means both Winquist and Murray, barring any more moves/trades, probably make the 25 man roster (if that's how many they go with). With 27 currently on the roster, one of the two remaining cuts goes to Siemens when Heemskerk comes back from Sharks Camp. The other cut is one of the two O/A battling for the one remaining spot. Those are Scherger and Dunstall. I still think Dunstall wins that battle, but I douby they'll make that decision until the cut down date in mid-October.

Update: Corey Tyrell has quit the team. http://www.heraldnet.com/section/BLOG12
Everett's roster was reduced by one more today, but not because a player was cut. Winger Corey Tyrell, who appeared to be in line to make the roster after receiving an invitation to training camp, left the team Tuesday. Everett general manager Doug Soetaert was a little baffled by Tyrell's decision, but seemed prepared to move on without him. The 19-year-old Tyrell left the Prince George Cougars midway through last season over playing time issues.

Further update: Tips acquire Brett Miller from Rebels.
Silvertips Acquire Brett Miller from Rebels
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips Vice President / General Manager Doug Soetaert announced Tuesday that the Silvertips have acquired forward Brett Miller from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
Miller, an 18 year old right-handed shooter from North Battleford, Saskatchewan, stands 6'4 and weighs 212 pounds. He has recorded one goal and one assist for two points, along with 14 penalty minutes over 37 career WHL games with Red Deer and Regina. Miller appeared in 49 games for the SJHL's Battlefords North Stars in 2008-09, totaling six goals and 13 assists for 19 points, along with 35 penalty minutes. He added two goals and two assists in nine playoff games with Battlefords.
Miller was selected in the first round (14th overall) in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft by the Regina Pats.