PDA

View Full Version : Stettler game

tiny
09-05-2009, 12:55 PM
You guys were right; the pregame corn, hotdog, and pop were very good.

Scratches:
Ferrero, Mappin, Coetzee, Weller, and Kuemper away at NHL camps.
Siwak illness until later this month
Bell ankle dtd
Redmond shoulder dtd
Esposito healthy?

Positve impressions:
Archer (solid cofident game, J. Deagle (good hustle but defensively responsible), Elson (charlie hustle even against the biggest), Ferguson (could be our shoot-out man), Green (starting to fit with linemates, smart defensively too), Nugent-Hopkins (welcome ... good fit with two 20y olds), Persson (can play here and works hard, doesn't mind the heavy traffic, Dumba (LOL just a joy!!!!!!), and Morin solid tonight and agressive attack RDREB). (and Gorchinski except for his big rebounds)
Other impressions:
Petrovic Pretty good for him but handled the puck a little too long a couple of times.
Kambietz the count on me to do whatever guy.
I am not sure Barak is what I expected for size. He didn't seem to be up to the physical play.
I liked Miller stepping up against a 20y old but we didn't get to see him for much of the game because of it.
Brad Deagle is a very smart player but on the small side against bigger forwards.
Colton Mayor will become a good Whl'er but has trouble with the size this year.
I only see Mireau when he scores.
Mason Burr will likely be with us next year.
Was Josh Cowan playing a little hurt? I didn't see him throwing his body around like I am used to.

hockeyfan123
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Will Brett Miller make the team? I like his size but i don't know about his skill for the WHL game?

SectionNDeserter
09-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Miller has all the size and skill in the world. What he really needs is to have consistent work ethic, and to get a bit more 'aggressive'. I agree with what Red Celtic was telling me at the game, I think he has the inside track on a job if he is doing as well as some of the prospects, for no other reason than he is already signed to a standard educational contract, and they have already been paying into it for the last 2 seasons, and will continue to regardless of whether he is on the team or not.

How about that huge open-ice hit by Dumba in Stettler?!? Yikes!