PDA

View Full Version : Calvert

Allin44
09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Anybody want to put money on whether he comes back or not?

At the Rookie tournament in Traverse, he had a hattrick today including a shorthanded gamewinning goal. He has also worn the A in both games.

sbtatter
09-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Anybody want to put money on whether he comes back or not?

At the Rookie tournament in Traverse, he had a hattrick today including a shorthanded gamewinning goal. He has also worn the A in both games.

Would be a huge loss if he stayed in the AHL. He was the best player in camp, and I think a real must have if we're to win the cup, so competitive.

Allin44
09-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Would be a huge loss if he stayed in the AHL. He was the best player in camp, and I think a real must have if we're to win the cup, so competitive.

I agree, thats probably close to 50 goals we'd need to replace this year..

He does still need to be signed, but from what I had heard, they were pretty close this summer

Vik
09-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I've been worried for a while now even though people around here keep making it seem like there's no chance of that happening. But I don't think we'll know until Columbus sees how he does against men and not just fellow youngsters.

Boltz9
09-08-2009, 02:26 PM
This sounds a little bit better...

HF: You're old enough that you could play pro this year, and you've decided to stay in junior.
MC: It was definitely a big decision. I think I'm ready for the next step. But we're hosting the Memorial Cup in Brandon and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. So we're just going to see how it plays out, it's not a 100 percent decision yet, but I'll keep on working and see how far I get in Columbus camp, see if I can crack the main camp roster, and go from there. They'll evaluate me and let me know where I stand.

Thats from a Q&A on Hockey's Future... http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11391/qampa_with_matt_calvert/

Joe Hallenback
09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
He will be back in Brandon so don't worry about it

Allin44
09-09-2009, 06:06 PM
2 more goals today

Boltz9
09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Good for him he's obviously improved and is dominating. He's still coming back though I don't care if he scores 10 goals the next game lol.