PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Kytnar will be back after all...

Trav
09-09-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/

To bad for Gustafsson, personally I'd keep him even though I like Kytnar, hopefuly a team like the Broncos who have no euro's will want him and the Blades can get a decent d-man.

wango tango
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
what do you do?

can only have 2 euros, blades now have 3.

only 3 20s, blades now have 4.

Trav
09-09-2009, 02:03 PM
My guess is Kytnar, Wintoneak and Hulak are the 20's, Langkow and Gustafsson get moved, maybe to the same team for a good d-man and a pick.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
What if Klassen comes back (for whatever reason)? Does Wintoneak stay or does Klassen then take the 3rd OA spot?

(assuming Kytnar is actually coming back)

Trav
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
although after seeing McCallum and Dunstall get little to nothing in return for their former teams, not sure what Langkow would get the Blades. Wintoneak would probably give them a decent pick or maybe a decent 18 or 19 yr old d-man.

Go with Hulak, Kytnar and Klassen as 20's perhaps, going to be interesting.

Tidball
09-10-2009, 06:43 AM
although after seeing McCallum and Dunstall get little to nothing in return for their former teams, not sure what Langkow would get the Blades. Wintoneak would probably give them a decent pick or maybe a decent 18 or 19 yr old d-man.

Go with Hulak, Kytnar and Klassen as 20's perhaps, going to be interesting.

Wintoneak is our leading goal scorer, trading him would be a bad move. Wintoneak and Hulak are locks. Molleken will make his decision when he finds out what Klassen is doing. Expect to see Kytnar traded.

AlanC
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
My guess is Kytnar, Wintoneak and Hulak are the 20's, Langkow and Gustafsson get moved, maybe to the same team for a good d-man and a pick.

Don't you think that's a pretty high price for two guys in a pretty narrow market?

There's only five teams with room for imports and there's one other team (Portland) that is going to be trying to trade an import too. And there's only two teams with room for an overager and 13 teams who have too many and will be looking to trade one. It's a buyer's market for both imports and overagers so the prices are not going to be that good for the sellers.

Trav
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Don't you think that's a pretty high price for two guys in a pretty narrow market?

There's only five teams with room for imports and there's one other team (Portland) that is going to be trying to trade an import too. And there's only two teams with room for an overager and 13 teams who have too many and will be looking to trade one. It's a buyer's market for both imports and overagers so the prices are not going to be that good for the sellers.

Not saying their going to get a top notch d-man, but they might be able to get a Colin Joe type d-man. They didn't give up much to get him last year and he was in the top 4 group on the Blades blueline last year, also was an assistant captain.

Remember to, the Blades have the advantage over Portland with the extra import. Gustafsson is younger then Valchar, Kytnar is the same age and easily the better player. If a team wants a euro, Blades should be able to get something done.

Maybe it won't be a package deal involving Gustafsson and Langkow but I think they'll be able to get something decent for both of them.

sbtatter
09-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Not saying their going to get a top notch d-man, but they might be able to get a Colin Joe type d-man. They didn't give up much to get him last year and he was in the top 4 group on the Blades blueline last year, also was an assistant captain.

Remember to, the Blades have the advantage over Portland with the extra import. Gustafsson is younger then Valchar, Kytnar is the same age and easily the better player. If a team wants a euro, Blades should be able to get something done.

Maybe it won't be a package deal involving Gustafsson and Langkow but I think they'll be able to get something decent for both of them.

4th round drafy pick at best for Kytnar. We didn't get much for Bartek last year either.....

Trav
09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
gets traded if he is coming back, Langkow and Gustafsson would be gone I'm pretty sure, could be wrong but just have that feeling.

wango tango
09-11-2009, 03:01 PM
you don't get much more than a draft pick for a 20, especially in a sellers market. put a 20 with one of the euros and it might get you something more.

i'd be surprised if gustaffson wasn't told the situation in advance.

Trav
09-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Well here's another suggestion, trade Niemi. I'd actually take Gustafsson and Kytnar over Niemi in a way, I like Niemi but he's 19 and he might be worth more then Gustafsson since he's proven. Although he's one of the Blades top 4 d-men so Molleken might not wanna do that.

SectionNDeserter
09-12-2009, 06:42 AM
He also has by far the best point shot in the league. It is never a good idea to trade a player who is the 'best in the league' at something positive.

Trav
09-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Last year teams were able to close the shooting lanes, preventing him from shooting a whole lot.

Dwight Schrute
09-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Last year teams were able to close the shooting lanes, preventing him from shooting a whole lot.

providing sbisa doesnt return niemi would look good in lethbridge