PDA

View Full Version : Roster

CrazyGeorge
09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
28 players still left in camp. I understand the combination of injured players (Tassone, Stickland, Evans, Wudrick) 4 overage players, and players away at NHL camps could delay some roster decisions prior to naming the starting roster for the 2009/2010 season. Doyle and Claffey are 2 out of 4 twenty year olds ready to start the upcoming season and all signs point to Stickland returning after an off season injury. What happens when Tassone returns is the question I keep asking. Who gets traded (to whom and for whom)? I think a combination of dealing with the twenty year olds and injured players needs to be addressed before finalizing the roster. For sure, two goalies will need to be reassigned or traded...I'm curious of the 28 players currently on the roster, who will be on the upcoming roster and who will not? Some big decisions for Lamb and company. How many players do open the year on Broncos roster? 2 goalies? 7 or 8 dmen? 13 forwards?

CrazyGeorge
09-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Possibly after the Medicine Hat games this weekend we'll know at least who our goaltenders are going to be. The one thing I forgot to mention in the previous posting was the fact that Swift Current does not have any Europeans and the possibility of getting one or two of them could be in the works...maybe, maybe not. Other than goalies, the rest of the lineup will be put on hold until things sort themselves out. Looking forward to another year.

Toswammi
09-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Barring getting a really good Euro i would just as soon not add one to the line up.

Toswammi
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Just occured to me that we only have 9 forwards available to be dressed for the games this weekend.

Hay, Vause, Hoban, Wagner, Brown, Peddle, Sullivan, Blanke and Lowry.

Meunch, Eakin, Dowling, Tassone, Stickland, Wudrick are all gone or hurt.

So with that said i guess we could see Horwoko or some others called in to play the 4th line (or the 8 healthy defenseman could all play)

CrazyGeorge
09-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I thought Stickland was playing this weekend? According to Keener's blog anyways.

Toswammi
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah, missed that, i was about to edit it and hope no one caught my mistake. Too late lol.

Anyhow that should be a boost to todays game (and a lot of fans minds)

CrazyGeorge
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Assuming Stickland does indeed play, we could actually have 11 players at forward because I'm pretty sure that Taylor Ernst has played forward in midget. Could be wrong too. We'll wait and see I guess.

Toswammi
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Assuming Stickland does indeed play, we could actually have 11 players at forward because I'm pretty sure that Taylor Ernst has played forward in midget. Could be wrong too. We'll wait and see I guess.

Yeah i am sure he did too. After seeing him in the last game when he got caught in deep a few times i was thinking he might make a better forward.

trucker
09-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Is it just me or are we really stinking up the pre season? Holy, I mean I know we are missing some veterans but yikes, last nights game was not looking all that great. Looks like it should be a week of hard work ahead to get into regular season shape, anyone else share my view or am I being to critical on pre season games?

bronco rep
09-12-2009, 09:26 AM
I agree we haven't looked our best as of yet, but remember who we have in the lineup compared to MooseJaw & the Hat. Don't take to much into the pre-season. Mark will get this team into shape don't worry. I think a few of Deans leftovers have to be shipped out & then we will be just fine. Up front we are going to be just fine, we just have to shore our D & goaltending. Remember folks lets see how good MooseJaw looks when we ice most of out guys next Fri.

Toswammi
09-12-2009, 10:15 AM
The way i see, we have the offense to compete with other teams. But our defense has to improve, whether that is via trade or with our current core they have to get better. I don't think it looks good for our vets, when in my eyes our third best defenseman is a 16 yr old. The disturbing thing is that in two preseason games, for various points of the game, opposing forwards just skated around our d.

As for goaltending, in my eyes the two best goaltenders i have seen in camp is Sirard and Ketting. I would love for the Broncos to get whatever they can for Clark and go with the rookie combo, riding whichever one is hot in net.

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Morgan Clarke seems to have been getting by in this league based on his dad being the goalie guru to a lot of pros and WHL teams hoping that it rubs off on Morgan. He would be a decent backup but doesn't have the consistency to be a starter. Your idea of Ketting and Sirard splitting the load sounds like a good one.

trucker
09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
In my opinion we should have never let go of gugg's. That was the worst trade in Deans tenure here! I don't trust a pair of rookies to carry the team at all!!! The team always starts from the net out and we NEED someone with a proven track record! Maybe Lamb can correct the mistake that Dean made and get us out of this goalie problem.

Toswammi
09-12-2009, 04:00 PM
In my opinion we should have never let go of gugg's. That was the worst trade in Deans tenure here! I don't trust a pair of rookies to carry the team at all!!! The team always starts from the net out and we NEED someone with a proven track record! Maybe Lamb can correct the mistake that Dean made and get us out of this goalie problem.

If we were to have Guggs (who is hurt now) on this team we have another 20 yr old on the roster. So who then do you drop to add him as a 20?

Toswammi
09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Not surprisingly, the Broncos re-assigned Smith today. I guess Sirard gets the start in Med Hat?

CrazyGeorge
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Is there a possibility that the Broncos could be trying to acquire a euro or making a trade to help the defencemen?

CrazyGeorge
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
With the Broncos exhibition schedule now over and less than a week till the start of the regular season, when will the team finalize it's roster? With Tassone and Wudrick still recovering from injuries/surgeries they'll probably keep the forwards as is until both are ready to return...correct? They'll still have to deal with cutting down 1 or 2 dmen, 1 more goalie, as well as (eventually) one more twenty year. The twenty year old situation will only become an issue when Tassone returns. I'm just curious of any possible roster movements in the next few days. Any rumors? Will we be acquiring a euro for this year perhaps?

trucker
09-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm not saying re-aquire guggs, not likely to happen. But to me it was silly to lose him for basically nothin. Wouldn't it be better to have a proven goalie that may be overage and not this headache? Who knows there could be a surprise yet, but I always felt confident when guggs was between the pipes. And his injury is not going to prevent him from playing all year, he will be back sometime and then watch Kelowna move one of their goalies, I don't know of anyone ever returning to a club they were once traded from, maybe this could be a first...highly unlikely though.

CrazyGeorge
09-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I guess we'll probably have to wait till any roster moves are made until players at NHL camps are back (Eakin and Clarke) as well as injured players in Tassone, Evans, and Wudrick. Don't really think much can happen (besides getting down to 2 goalies) until those things are dealt with. On the other end, we do have two open spots to possibly get a european player or a acquire an experienced dman...I get thinking too much when nothing is happening. Less than a week and our WHL begins.

trucker
09-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Just an idea. 20 year old Linden Rowat was reasigned today to a place to be determined soon. Could he fit into the mighty horsemen club? The Broncos need a goalie. Rowat has proven himself in the league, and definately better than what we have, but if it were to happen, another one of our 20's would have to go. Anyone else with an opinion on this? Just speculation, maybe something else could come down the pipe.

Toswammi
09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Just an idea. 20 year old Linden Rowat was reasigned today to a place to be determined soon. Could he fit into the mighty horsemen club? The Broncos need a goalie. Rowat has proven himself in the league, and definately better than what we have, but if it were to happen, another one of our 20's would have to go. Anyone else with an opinion on this? Just speculation, maybe something else could come down the pipe.

No thanks. I am not willing to lose any of one of the following: PP quarterback, PK stalwart, or a PPG offensive threat.

CrazyGeorge
09-15-2009, 10:01 PM
I sure hope Eakin will be back in time for the season opener on Friday. Regardless, there still needs to be some moves being made before the start of the season in order to get to the proper number of players.

Toswammi
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Another roster move:
Broncos re-assigned Ernst to Weybun today

CrazyGeorge
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Clarke is back with Swift Current after Canucks reassigned him back to the Broncos

http://www.scbroncos.com/news/1050

I also checked out the Washington Capitals and Eakin no longer listed on their main camp roster.