PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen Roster Moves

Hitmen1
09-14-2009, 09:08 PM
The Hitmen sent 2 more boys packing today. Both Brkich and Niziol are now gone.

Here are the remaining players in camp.

*Total 28 players as of September 14th

Goaltenders: (3)

Chase Komistek
Martin Jones
Michael Snider

Defencemen: (9)

Kyle Aschim
Erik Bonsor
Peter Kosterman
Ryan Kerr
Matt MacKenzie
Austin Madaisky
Jaynen Rissling
Michael Stone
Ben Wilson

Forwards: (16)
Cody Beach
Joel Broda
Rigby Burgart
Tyler Fiddler
Misha Fisenko
Kris Foucault
Cody Gross
Jessi Hilton
Justin Kirsch
Brandon Kozun
John Lawrence
Jason MacDonald
Mackenzie Royer
Chase Schaber
Ian Schultz
Cody Sylvester

I am not sure anyone else will be reassigned until the Hitmen get some boys back from NHL camps. I know here in RD they are anticipating their boys back on Wednesday so hopefully the Hitmen have their kids back soon as well.

Hitmen1
09-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Kris Foucault has been sent back to the Hitmen from the Wild. The Wild have also sent former Hitman Carson McMillan to the AHL.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/2009/09/16/wednesday-practice-update-cuts-coming/

AlanC
09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Does it look like Aschim is going to stick?

I'm thinking probably not, but we'll see. There's at least one, maybe two more cuts to come on the blueline yet but probably nothing happens until Stone returns from Phoenix.

Bonsor, Mackenzie, Madaisky, and Stone have secure jobs. That leaves Aschim, Kerr, Kosterman, Rissling, and Wilson battling for probably three spots. I have to give the edge to Kerr (as a four-year vet) and Kosterman (as the prized prospect) for spots, which means Aschim has to beat out two rookies, Rissling and Wilson, for the spot.

It guess it's up to the coaching staff whether Rissling, as a 16 year old, could benefit more from playing 20-25 minutes a game in midget again this year as opposed to 10 minutes a game in 40 WHL games. If they think he's better off in the WHL, then he'll be here and Aschim & Wilson get cut. Otherwise he goes to midget and it's between Aschim & Wilson for the last spot.

Or perhaps the coaches could throw us a curveball and opt to keep three overage forwards, which means Kerr gets cut and two of Aschim/Rissling/Wilson make the team. In that case it looks a lot better for Aschim.

I think I've written more paragraphs about this than Aschim has played WHL games. So I'll stop now. :)

Hitmen1
09-17-2009, 05:56 PM
The Kings have returned both Brandon Kozun and Martin Jones to the Hitmen and the Coyotes have sent back Michael Stone.