PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs win opener

LifelongChiefsFan
09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Sounded like a typical season opener. Some sloppy play and teammates still getting used to playing with each other etc, but not a bad way to start the season. Gotta give a shout out to Koper for getting the hat trick. Over 50 shots on goal, way to go guys! I thought it was pretty disappointing that the Chiefs took so many penalties though. For as much as Spokane outplayed Prince George, it's kind of worrisome that they put themselves down two men on 4 separate occasions (it was really 5, but one of them was only for three seconds). It looks like cutting down on penalties is the first problem the Chiefs need to tackle this season. But still a win is a win, so it's hard to complain too much. :)

Here's to getting the sweep in PG.

Chief Jeff
09-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Chiefs big 3 of Johnson, Koper and Wahl really imposed their speed tonight. PG's defense was overmatched. First game though....watch for PG to come out blazing tomorrow.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Well not the result the Chiefs wanted tonight. Can't complain about getting 3 out of 4 points up in PG though. I know it's only 2 games in, but the amount of penalties the Chiefs are taking is not a good sign. They have to get the ship righted in that department ASAP.

smileyjones
09-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Trademark Chiefs speed killed a young Cougars D on Friday, Koper was dynamite.

However, I agree with you on the discipline thing. PG's D did a much better job on Saturday against the Chiefs guns. This lead to a bunch of dumb penalties (Koper's checking from behind at the end of the second as an example). Reid played pretty well, you'll be fine in net.

I expect Spokane will once again contend in the US division.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Trademark Chiefs speed killed a young Cougars D on Friday, Koper was dynamite.

However, I agree with you on the discipline thing. PG's D did a much better job on Saturday against the Chiefs guns. This lead to a bunch of dumb penalties (Koper's checking from behind at the end of the second as an example). Reid played pretty well, you'll be fine in net.

I expect Spokane will once again contend in the US division.

Thanks for the input. I thought PG sounded like they contained the Chiefs a lot more on Saturday. Not nearly as much space for the Chiefs to work. I'm looking forward to seeing PG visit later in the year and seeing how they look. Good luck battling in the BC division this season!