PDA

View Full Version : dotan reassigned

westbeach55
09-22-2009, 12:10 PM
David Dotan Reassigned
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders have re-assigned 18 year-old defenceman David Dotan. He will be reassigned to a Junior A team in his home province of British Columbia.
Dotan played for the Raiders in their home opening 6-1 victory over Brandon Friday night picking up 4 minutes in penalties. He was on the Raiders roster all of the 2008-09 season appearing in 44 games with 2 assists and 15 penalty minutes.
The move reduces the Raiders roster to 25 players: 3 goaltenders, 8 defencemen and 14 forwards.
The Raiders start a four game home stand Wednesday when they entertain the Swift Current Broncos at 7:00 PM. Tickets are available on line at www.raiderhockey.com or by calling 764-GAME.
<!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->

David Dotan
Hometown: Richmond, BC DOB: June 18/91 Position: Defence
Shoots: Left Height: 6’4” Weight: 215 lbs.
Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
07-08 Raiders 1 0 0 0 0
08-09 Raiders 44 0 2 2 15
09-10 Raiders 1 0 0 0 4
WHL Totals 46 0 2 2 19
*-totals include WHL Tie Breaker game March 17, 2009

www.raiderhockey.com

raider guy
09-22-2009, 04:10 PM
not reassigned, just the latest player to quit

intheknow
09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
wasent going to play antways. maybe 8th on the depth chart. Wasent as good in any aspect as either Hrynyk or Ruopp and I would take Newell over him as well.
hard to get better without any coaching!

SaskHockeyFan
09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I agree with Raider guy. The latest player to quit. Front office tries to make it seem different by saying he was re-assigned but the truth of the matter is he went home on his own. Whether that "makes the team better" as someone said or "he was headed that way eventually anyways". As the gambler once said "you got to know when to hold em....know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run." Dotes was never going to be the player Bruno wanted him to be and the fans thought he should just be a scrapper. Not his skill set, so be it. Dotes gave his front teeth to the team so anyone that says he wasn't trying or didn't have what it takes is out and out wrong. This kid got his front teeth knocked out in practice by a team mate mid week, had two root canals and came back to play on that Friday one of the best games I saw him play. Dotes will find a spot and if that's in the WHL or the BCJ is yet to be seen. As long as know one says the kid wasn't tough enough.

PS. I had to add this to my post as Intheknow posted before I did. I also agree with Intheknow. I haven't always agreed with what he/she had to say but it is definitely the case here. It's hard to improve when you keep getting a new D partner and playing less than 6 shifts a lot of games.

SaskHockeyFan
09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
I think we were just commenting that he quit and went home not re-assigned as was in the press release. Just wanted to get the facts straight. Granted, not a top 4 guy at this point but it's a long season and some of the lighter duty guys size wise are going to be hurt. A big bodied guy who stays healthy is always nice to have around. If he would have had some coaching last year maybe, just maybe he would have been a solid contributor this year. Either way he still has a year of WHL experience that will help him no matter where he ends up.

westbeach55
09-22-2009, 07:07 PM
he waa given every chance on making the raiders he simply wasn't better than any of the other d in camp. he could'nt keep up with the whl speed and he would cough the puck up and wouldn't have the speed to get back into play who cares whether he left on his own or was reassigned. bruno shouldnt have to coach his players on how to skate its pretty simple he was to slow and wasn't very physical and doesnt bring much to the table for fighting. and if he did leave he knew it was just a matter of time before he was gone

raider guy
09-22-2009, 07:41 PM
haha raider fan 15 and westbeach, how many years did you play in the dub? doats gave it his all every night, and stuck up for his teamates thats what you need, hopefully he finds himself a new home in the whl real soon! how can you not blame a coach for not developping, hes a big kid had tons of potential, and in order to get good you have to be given a chance, he was helathy scratched for more then half of the games last year probably.. you have to play to get good.

SaskHockeyFan
09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Does anyone remember watching Tyler Meyers play for Notre Dame when they would come to PA to play the Mintos. Big kid, could hardly skate. Wasn't real effective at very much that year. Wow how things have changed for him. Now I'm not saying Dotes is Meyers but I think it is real early to give up on a big bodied kid because you think he couldn't skate and made bad decisions. Heck, I watch some of the decisions Button makes and I shake my head there too. If you want to go into the season with three or four veteran D-men than so be it. Hrynyk, Ruopp, and Aasman have played a combined 47 WHL games, Dotes played 44 himself. To judge Ruopp and Hrynyk after two regular season games you must have one heck of a crystal ball. I hope you are right. I hope Hrynyk and Ruopp turn out to be good because we are going to need some #5-7 guys night after night. 72 regular season games is a long slug and the young D-men seem to power out around the Christmas break.

Wildeyes
09-22-2009, 09:59 PM
I like Dotan he was a very athletic kid but he didnt use his body to his advantage. He needed to hit muck it up with everybody. I agree he did give it his all every game but he needed to be a little smarter on the ice. Dont Blame Bruno on this one. Dotan was given every opp to excel last yr and this yr. Who do you cut?

clockwise
09-22-2009, 10:45 PM
All I can is, about time. We have had to many of these type of players in the past that were just like Dotan, Garth Collins, Shane Malone, Brandon Peet, Jordan Morgan. All players we hung on to way to long.

David Dotan could be the heart and soul of the team and work his ass off. But his skill set is just not high enough to play in the WHL, he will thrive in Junior A, and I wish him all the best.

Dwight Schrute
09-23-2009, 04:55 AM
kid did have a big growth spurt (prolly still getting used to it), if he catches onto another junior a team then good. i wonder if he would have been a decent 4th line winger at some point. hopefully he ends up somewhere thats a good situation for him that he enjoys. best of luck to him

btw
is the count now at (players refusing to come or quit)
martin (still the most puzzling)
penner
tendler
dotan

SaskHockeyFan
09-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Just to get back to the Dotan thing for a bit I guess I will say the following then hopefully I can drop it. I don't think I am unaware of the skills that Dotes has that we are talking about. I think I have a pretty good grasp as to how good he is. I have no pipe dream impression of David's skills. My guess though is as follows. Since the teeth knocking out incident, Dotes has had a lot of people pulling for him. I'm talking real fans on the inside who know what went on. Any kid who endures that then goes about trying to stay on the team earns a lot of respect in my books. Obviously in a few other peoples books as well. I just wish for his sake he would have had more success. Whether he doesn't have the skill, never will have the skill or whether good coaching would be able to bring it out in him. I don't know. I guess I was just pulling for David to succeed. I do find it odd though that Dotes leaving has generated 16 posts so far but the fact that Blaine Tendler decided to pack it in only has 1 reply. The original post saying it opens up a spot on D and the reply saying "ouch. he was a good D-man". Weird no?

raider guy
09-23-2009, 03:43 PM
dotan left because he doesnt wanna be here, tendler left because he lost passion for the game, tendler has completely hung them up.

westbeach55
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
first of all there isn't much talk about tendler as he chose to retire and didn't feel like playing in the whl right now and made that choice. i respect his decision and how it was done with class couldn't have been any easy decision. As far as dotan goes I think the only reason this thread is going on is because of a personal one, hockey is a business and sometimes good guys dont make it. best of luck for dotan in wherever his career takes him. ive never played in the dub but watch alot of hockey (raider season tickets, mintos season tickets, world junior package) and numerous other hockey events throughout the year. raider guy have you played in dub?

westbeach55
09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
dotan left because he doesnt wanna be here, tendler left because he lost passion for the game, tendler has completely hung them up.

either way you put it dotan left beacause he doesn't want to be here or dotan was reassigned because he wasn't better than the other 8 dman in camp either way dotan isn't going to be here