PDA

View Full Version : Is Rowat going to be traded or what?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Parker sure is taking his sweet time, while teams are gradually filling up their spots. Mucha just returned from Portland, and Holfeld is going to be moved as well... all of which has made Rowat less valuable. On top of that, Lethbridge traded Beach to Spokane, which lessens the chance of acquiring any other offence from them(they cant trade all their offence away). I would have really liked to see Strueby and Rowat go for Bancks, but thats probably out of the question now with their depth being cut in half.

If Lethbridge is going to get Rowat, it would either be really cheap or through waivers. One thing is for sure, I doubt Tri City is going to wait too long before they pick up a goaltender, though thats still a possibility. As for other potential destinations, I have a hard time believing SC is getting Rowat, and good luck getting anything valuable from Brandon. Perhaps we trade him to Spokane for one of their goons? We could use a fighter instead of relying on starters like Leffler and Teubert drop them.

And its not just the Rowat thing. OA spots are slowly being filled up, and our teams needs still need to be addressed. Could use a first line left winger, and an offensive minded defenceman. Hopefully soon after tonights game? I dont know, but this team needs to address its issues.

SectionNDeserter
09-23-2009, 04:38 PM
My guess would be 'No'. Rowat is a good starting goalie, but he isn't a game-breaker, and the teams that might be looking to shore up that part of their team already have 3 or more quality overage players. I don't think Parker is taking his time, I think that he just doesn't have any options available to him at the moment.

Toswammi
09-23-2009, 06:53 PM
My guess would be 'No'. Rowat is a good starting goalie, but he isn't a game-breaker, and the teams that might be looking to shore up that part of their team already have 3 or more quality overage players. I don't think Parker is taking his time, I think that he just doesn't have any options available to him at the moment.

That is what i am thinking too. I really don't think there is a market for him. At best if you get more than a 6th round pick you will have done good.

Brandonite
09-23-2009, 08:12 PM
This is one of the biggest reasons why I hate the rule of only 3 O.A's. Every year there are players that get forced to play Junior A somewhere for their 20 year old season because of a numbers log jam and being a goaltender, its usually them that are always the odd man out. Joe Caliguri is definitely good enough to be a back up somewhere in the WHL and had there been a rule for teams to allow more then he would for sure still be in the WHL. Andrew Hayes will find himself in the same situation next year whether it be in Brandon or with someone else. Unless your an outstanding goaltender with numbers too good to pass up, then your almost always going to end up in Junior A. Its just the way it seems to go.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Lazurak and Armstrong both went for higher than a 6th round pick. I think they both went for 4ths, maybe armstrong for a 3rd.

Im going to lose it if we dont get anything for Rowat, especially in one of the leagues weaker years for goaltending. Though parker mentioning waivers is pretty much announcing that waivers is a likely decision on Rowat, also scaring off teams. Lethbridge would be the first team to take him, so why offer anything for a guy who could go on waivers?

Toswammi
09-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Rowat to Lethbridge for a 5th in 2010

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Whoa, I didnt see this coming at all. Totally out of left field...Rowat to lethbridge, wow....

5th round pick is ok, I guess...Parker did everything he could do diminish the value of Rowat from talking about waiving him to releasing him...so a 5th is actually decent with all considered.

I would have liked him to be apart of a deal where more speed and skill came back instead, that would have maximized his value if he was apart of a bigger package, but I guess you cant do anything like that even after 15 years of experience at the same position.

And at least it could be a high 5th this year, though Lethbridge looks much better now.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Cant say I didnt have higher hopes for an asset like this though...

the team still has its weaknesses.