PDA

View Full Version : Penner traded again . . . .

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Cole Penner didn't take long to wear out his welcome in Melfort and has now been shipped off to Grande Prairie. What's the over/under on how long he lasts in GP?

Raider Fan 88
09-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Penner hasn't been in Melfort now for some time. There was no news release on the sj site about it... Not sure what's going on with this kid.

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-25-2009, 09:51 AM
this is getting old; Grande Prairie has traded Penner's rights to the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL. If he wouldn't report to GP then I would think it doubtful he will report to Merritt. Looks like the end of the road.

Rattlesnake
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
...Grande Prairie has traded Penner's rights to the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL. If he wouldn't report to GP then I would think it doubtful he will report to Merritt....

I don't think it's a case of him not reporting to GP. GP wanted Matt Cummings from Merritt and Merritt wanted a player and not just cash. GP just went and got (bought) Penner to flip him to Merritt for Cummings.

Will he report to Merrit is still a question mark, however.

Douglas
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Just a feeling, but I think he will report to Merritt. Do we know for sure he wouldn't report to GP? that was way too quick not to have been the plan from the start. Not the first time we've seen a quick trade like that either. He has to know it's a gift considering the past.

Rattlesnake
09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
.... that was way too quick not to have been the plan from the start. ...

Which is why I think it was the plan. The 2 trades are both dated Sep 23. I doubt that GP traded for him, then phoned him and were told, "I ain't reporting", and then traded him 5 minutes later to Merritt.

Tidball
09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Brooks is Ok. GP is ****, and Merrit is ****. I feel bad for the guy.

westbeach55
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
feel bad for the guy he made his own bed. he should just announce his retirement from hockey

Wildeyes
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I dont he created this mess for himself

FELIX17
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I wish the whole Penner soap opera would just die already. I think all of us agree it was a brutal pick by O'Brien/Clark. Let's move on and focus on the promising team we now have. Really excited to see what the guys that are here can do this year and beyond.

clockwise
09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
WHO CARES!!!!

SaskHockeyFan
09-26-2009, 09:07 AM
I would like to propose a solution. No more Cole Penner talk. For me it's over. This board is a place to talk about the PA Raiders and since he's no longer a Raider or even a potential Raider lets just drop it. As Clockwise said, "who cares" anymore.

intheknow
09-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I think its humurous to read up on where hes at. If hes not on our 50 ppl then i would agree that its not raider business but i think he still is. Bruno will hold on till the jan 10 deadline of his 20 year old year dreaming he may get something in return for penner.

westbeach55
09-27-2009, 09:56 AM
always bashing bruno, penner messed things for himself and what are you going to get for penner right now he hasn't even played a game. its not hurting us sitting on our protected list for abit and waiitng for the right deal which im sure there working on some right now. its not brunos fault this kid doesn't have his stuff together. Alll i know is the games this year minus the moosejaw one have all been realy good last night we outshot and played edmonton for most of the game and they rode a hot goalie to victory but you could tell the effort was there and its kind of nice going to games when we know we can win every night if we put the effort in.