PDA

View Full Version : 4-2 loss but.......

BugsBunny
09-26-2009, 09:13 AM
...the new additions looked good last night in Red Deer. Reddington was a very steady force last night as was Oslanski.You can see the offensive-defensive potential that he has. Valchar scored both our goals just by going to the net. He has skill. Red Deer had trouble controlling Ashton it was good to see him in the lineup.
Neil Tarnasky had a fight and won it easily. He is just like his brother Nick but skates better. After the fight his dad said with a big smile on his face, "Oh oh here we go again!"
For the most part the kids played well and looked more confident. Couple of mistakes led to the 3rd period goals. Castro sat out, wonder if that is a sign of things to come. Mestery is still a mystery.
Should be another good game tonight in Swift.

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

shushu
09-26-2009, 12:41 PM
hence the term, like you said bugs as long as they get better every game thats all we can ask for....i like what preston has done up to date and slowly this team will come together................

Gamer
09-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Yup Preston is doing a GREAT JOB... Keep up the good work...
P.S. I love Braes playing D on the power play... I think thats about 3 shortys he has allowed... on yeah, and blame the goalies, give me a break.. Back to the Braes show... here we go again....

shushu
09-26-2009, 10:47 PM
P.S. I love Braes playing D on the power play... I think thats about 3 shortys he has allowed... on yeah, and blame the goalies, give me a break.. Back to the Braes show... here we go again....

preston is not even here for 5 games and the whining is here already....if you want someome to blame for a very tough upcomming season try calling stasiak, he is the one who left the mess...............this town is just loaded with complainers.............

localguy
09-27-2009, 08:09 AM

2 shorty's last night alone, Braes shouldn't be on the point. I thought Ville let in some pretty soft goals last night, which will happen with a youngster, but still shows great upside, and I like Tajdeh, but I hate to say that we need a veteran goalie.

loudi94
09-27-2009, 08:16 AM
preston is not even here for 5 games and the whining is here already....if you want someome to blame for a very tough upcomming season try calling stasiak, he is the one who left the mess...............this town is just loaded with complainers.............

It's been a while since I posted, but shushu, there's a lot of blame to go around and fans have put up with a lot and deserve to whine and complain. Roy made bad hockey choices, was a bully and generally ran this team into the ground. Start with the Yellowhorn trade and go from there. Who allowed it to happen? The BOD had to have known that conflicts were arising, yet did nothing. People were quitting, the BOD knew why. The fans knew at least 2 years ago Roy and the coaching staff were at odds, we said nothing because we were winning. This organization has been poorly run for all of its' existence and yet with the exception of a small ineffective group who finally tried to complain nothing has been done. Is Preston the right guy to set the ship right? Maybe, we won't know for years as that's how long it is going to take. He believes you can be competitive every year. Great, I look forward to it.

Off the top of my head. After Maxwell we had:
Stocker-WTH??? The team should have been folded right then and there.
Roy- We lost a great asset to get him when they could have waited until the end of the season to get him.

Coaches. Makela?? Brutal
Hoffard? Gets into a fight at a bar with our best player. Numerous indiscretions that can't be talked about.
Dyck. did he get lemons from lemonade or did his teams underachieve?

Who'd I miss?

BugsBunny
09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
as the Hurricanes apparently have picked up Rowat from Regina for a conditional 5th rounder.

Nice to see Beach fitting in right away with the Chiefs. Penalty right off the bat leading to a TC powerplay goal (bet the Chief fans loved that) but he redeemed himself by the end of the night with 2 goals and an assist.

This city is nothing more than a city of complainers for sure. 4 games in and they are already complaining. Preston did not build this club. He was left with a very inexperienced back end. Defense wins games. From the goaltenders on out to the blue line, what did he inherit? Tajdeh, Mestery, Castro, Ryckman, Ross, Yadlowski: boy there is a group that would strike fear into the opposition!

Complainers....wait til the home opener, and all the complaints about the building, the parking lot....yikes!

LETHBRIDGE: CITY OF COMPLAINERS!

shushu
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
It's been a while since I posted, but shushu, there's a lot of blame to go around and fans have put up with a lot and deserve to whine and complain. Roy made bad hockey choices, was a bully and generally ran this team into the ground. Start with the Yellowhorn trade and go from there. Who allowed it to happen? The BOD had to have known that conflicts were arising, yet did nothing. People were quitting, the BOD knew why. The fans knew at least 2 years ago Roy and the coaching staff were at odds, we said nothing because we were winning. This organization has been poorly run for all of its' existence and yet with the exception of a small ineffective group who finally tried to complain nothing has been done. Is Preston the right guy to set the ship right? Maybe, we won't know for years as that's how long it is going to take. He believes you can be competitive every year. Great, I look forward to it.

Off the top of my head. After Maxwell we had:
Stocker-WTH??? The team should have been folded right then and there.
Roy- We lost a great asset to get him when they could have waited until the end of the season to get him.

Coaches. Makela?? Brutal
Hoffard? Gets into a fight at a bar with our best player. Numerous indiscretions that can't be talked about.
Dyck. did he get lemons from lemonade or did his teams underachieve?

Who'd I miss?

i just think that fair is fair and preston should be given a chance to show what he can do before we start *****ing on the man....it unfair to say he is the reason for the shape this team is in, if anything his first couple of moves are very solid in my mind and it will take time to clean up the mess the former retards have put us in........

localguy
09-27-2009, 02:23 PM
as the Hurricanes apparently have picked up Rowat from Regina for a conditional 5th rounder.

Nice to see Beach fitting in right away with the Chiefs. Penalty right off the bat leading to a TC powerplay goal (bet the Chief fans loved that) but he redeemed himself by the end of the night with 2 goals and an assist.

This city is nothing more than a city of complainers for sure. 4 games in and they are already complaining. Preston did not build this club. He was left with a very inexperienced back end. Defense wins games. From the goaltenders on out to the blue line, what did he inherit? Tajdeh, Mestery, Castro, Ryckman, Ross, Yadlowski: boy there is a group that would strike fear into the opposition!

Complainers....wait til the home opener, and all the complaints about the building, the parking lot....yikes!

LETHBRIDGE: CITY OF COMPLAINERS!

On that note, our pp is brutal right now. And our discipline is awful too. Special teams or lack there of are a huge problem especially when we have such young tenders. Poor puck movement, and forwards playing the point are hurting our pp, and killing too many penalties is tiring out the boys, and the goalies. Sutter has been one of our best players in every game so far, still waiting for Renners, Tot and Moser to really get into their groove. Moser was good last night, and Tot too has been getting better in each game. Maxwell is showing a little upside now 2 games in as well. Renners, still waiting, skill is there, but needs to shine though more so far. Haveing all the guys back from camps, and getting a few practises in with the full line up will improve special teams, and give the young guys a more reduced role, and a more paced introduction into the league, inste4ad of the trial by fire they have been dealing with thus far. The d will get better as the games go.