PDA

View Full Version : Game 4: vs Lethbridge

Toswammi
09-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Gotta keep it quick. Clark has played good as of late, good to see. Scarlett is a good defenseman that will soon be a great defenseman. Love the physical aspect we know bring to the lineup. Sullivan just runs over players, and Stickland is playing with an edge. Good game guys.

trucker
09-26-2009, 11:30 PM
I agree, good game! Eakin is always a dynamic player, always exciting! Gotta say boooooo to the hurricanes player Reddington! What a goon! Stickland landed a clean body check and Reddington comes in landing CHEAP shots, I hate seeing that! If you want to fight at least let the guy know! Don't come in swinging when the other guy is not looking, Panzies do that! Reddington is a panzy, and can only battle when the other guy is not ready. Hope his clock gets cleaned next time we see them! And yes Clark did play well too, good to see!

dubfan
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Reddington is not a pansie, I believe trying to stand up for a teammate, came in from behind, and was trying to be a leader, Stickland can sure hit. Reddington is one of the toughest players in the league and has done very well with the league tough guys.

Clark was very good last night, in control and was very good low and pucks turned to the corners. W

When Eakin starts to distribute the puck, like last night, he is way more effective (2g - 2a), I dont know about playing the point on the pp tho, he is better lower for puck recovery etc. The power play did look better and I believe will find it's way, when all are on board "with the structure", Tim's line on the post game.

The line combinations were also better last night with Hoban with Wudrick and Eakin, and Peddle with Dowling and Stickland.

Hopefully the team can continue this thru next week.

Flathead
09-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Reddington is not a pansie, I believe trying to stand up for a teammate, came in from behind, and was trying to be a leader, Stickland can sure hit. Reddington is one of the toughest players in the league and has done very well with the league tough guys.

Clark was very good last night, in control and was very good low and pucks turned to the corners. W

When Eakin starts to distribute the puck, like last night, he is way more effective (2g - 2a), I dont know about playing the point on the pp tho, he is better lower for puck recovery etc. The power play did look better and I believe will find it's way, when all are on board "with the structure", Tim's line on the post game.

The line combinations were also better last night with Hoban with Wudrick and Eakin, and Peddle with Dowling and Stickland.

Hopefully the team can continue this thru next week.

I really liked the Peddle, Dowling, Stickland line as well. I think that line can be really good together, if they stick together. Eakin and Wudrick are looking very good to start the season. Wudrick isn't letting up on his hits this year, he's punishing guys with solid clean hits.

trucker
09-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I really liked the Peddle, Dowling, Stickland line as well. I think that line can be really good together, if they stick together. Eakin and Wudrick are looking very good to start the season. Wudrick isn't letting up on his hits this year, he's punishing guys with solid clean hits.

I don't know which Wudrick your watchin but the one I'm seeing isn't even close to using his size as a threat. I was hoping this year he would become like Dale Wiess and "crank" guys every chance he got, and become a man playing with boys. He could be such a power forward if he intimidated more! He has a scoring touch and doesn't miss too many chances that way, but I would still like to see him much more physical. Just my opinion, maybe still feeling affects of the appendectomy.

ointhecreek
09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I see Doyle is still scared to go in the corners and be physical. Plays powder puff hockey again this year. That's why he's still here as a 20.

Toswammi
09-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I see Doyle is still scared to go in the corners and be physical. Plays powder puff hockey again this year. That's why he's still here as a 20.

IMO he is the odd man out for our 20's right now, assuming we can deal for a 19 yr old puck moving defenseman.

SectionNDeserter
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I see Doyle is still scared to go in the corners and be physical. Plays powder puff hockey again this year. That's why he's still here as a 20.When you get like 60pts as a defenseman in this league, you don't always need to go in the corners...

ointhecreek
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
When you get like 60pts as a defenseman in this league, you don't always need to go in the corners...

And what's his plus minus? Don't care home many goals he gets, he's a ***** in the corner. Don't know to many d men in the nhl that can't defend in their corners. Especially ones that are 6'3"

SectionNDeserter
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM
And what's his plus minus?"Well, +3 this year through 5 games and last year he was +25. You won't find too many defensemen in this league with comparable numbers.

Flathead
09-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Well, +3 this year through 5 games and last year he was +25. You won't find too many defensemen in this league with comparable numbers.

I agree good numbers from a very good dman. He may not go flying into the corners hammering guys, but he useally comes out with the puck.

Flathead
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't know which Wudrick your watchin but the one I'm seeing isn't even close to using his size as a threat. I was hoping this year he would become like Dale Wiess and "crank" guys every chance he got, and become a man playing with boys. He could be such a power forward if he intimidated more! He has a scoring touch and doesn't miss too many chances that way, but I would still like to see him much more physical. Just my opinion, maybe still feeling affects of the appendectomy.
I've seen him throw way harder hits this year than last year. Last year he let up on a lot of hits when he could have put guys through the boards. This year, thus far, he has thrown some good hard hits and I hope he keeps it up. I agree he has the ability to be a Dale Weiss, probally even better if he wants it.

Scout
09-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Whats up with Hewitt? Is he injured or just the odd man out.

Scout

dubfan
09-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Rumour is that he is leaving the team

Toswammi
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
He was re-assigned earlier today

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Two 20 year old dmen, two 16 year old dmen, 2 17 year old dmen and one 18 year old dmen. Are we lacking experience on the back end? Size and physicality?

Toswammi
09-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Two 20 year old dmen, two 16 year old dmen, 2 17 year old dmen and one 18 year old dmen. Are we lacking experience on the back end? Size and physicality?

I wouldn't say we are lacking any size on the back end. I think they are all over 6'1.

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
We're lacking the physical part of the game from the back end in my opinion. We're kind of soft in that area. Rogers is over 6'1"? Could be wrong but didn't think he was that big.

Toswammi
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Team has him listed as 6'1 - 181 lbs

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Ketting no longer on Broncos roster according to whl website. Trade? Reassigned?

Toswammi
09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Ketting no longer on Broncos roster according to whl website. Trade? Reassigned?

I see him on the Bronco website under roster.

dubfan
09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
reassigned to bchl

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

ointhecreek
09-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I agree good numbers from a very good dman. He may not go flying into the corners hammering guys, but he useally comes out with the puck.

Not sure which games you're watching, but I've seen him give up the puck at least twice causing a goal. Usually because he's not physical in the corners. I have no complaints about his offensive part of his game, or any other part, but his corner work is atrocious.

Flathead
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Not sure which games you're watching, but I've seen him give up the puck at least twice causing a goal. Usually because he's not physical in the corners. I have no complaints about his offensive part of his game, or any other part, but his corner work is atrocious.

170 games as a Bronco and he's gave up the puck twice causing a goal. I'll take that. lol. Just kidding I assume you mean twice this year. Guess I missed it.

Flathead
10-05-2009, 10:39 AM

OK last night against Red Deer may have been the worst I have seen Wudrick play. I hope he was under the weather or something. But he just wasn't with it at all. Three lazy penalties, standing around alot and letting up on every hit he threw.

trucker
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Didn't want to be negative after a win and talk about wudrick again, but yeah I agree! Lazy penalties, and not pushing himself seems to be his story! Maybe a good guy to trade and get someone who WORKS in return, he could learn something from Wagner!!

d-man
10-05-2009, 08:38 PM
OK last night against Red Deer may have been the worst I have seen Wudrick play. I hope he was under the weather or something. But he just wasn't with it at all. Three lazy penalties, standing around alot and letting up on every hit he threw.

Did you miss the first three home games? At least he wasn't lying around flopping around on his back all night. The penalties were horrible. The checking from behind was so weak I think the ref called it just because he had all the time and slowness in the world to let up.
I'm really impressed with where Lamb has the conditioning of the team at this point. Our guys can skate hard and hit all night... except Wudrick. He's already behind the rest of the team and will only get more noticeable as the season goes on.