PDA

View Full Version : Eberle reassigned

witness
09-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Should be back in Regina on Monday.
Good news for Regina.
Great news for Weal. To play with Eberle is a HUGE upgrade from Leffler. I am usually not a Leffler hater, but tonight he looked totally disinterested. Was completely not a facter.
Having Eberle back will at least create some offense

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Dont think Id put Eberle with Weal on ES, just to compensate for the lack of depth. PP is a diff story though, where Id like to see Eberle on the point. Maybe play together 4 on 4....

I could see Mitchell being tried out on the Weal line, someone who will go to the net and maybe he will get kicked in the right direction offensively...and hopefully the enthusiam is contagious for Weal. Possibly move Leffler onto the left side.

Anyways...really good news. Getting who I think is the best WHL forward this year could turn the entire team around. As far as Im concerned, our chances got a whole lot better right now, and worst case scenario, we can trade him for a truckload of offensive depth.

Bepoleon
09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
YESSSSSSSS!

wango tango
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
good for pats fans. they'll be able to see eberle for two months then lose him to team canada and probably a whl deadline deal.

dagley
09-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Just trade him to Brandon already :P

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-28-2009, 08:04 PM
The way I see it...the earlier that we trade Jordan to Brandon, the more the Mini Wheats have to give us in return... :D

Allin44
09-28-2009, 09:12 PM
is he landing in Regina or Winnipeg? :P

patsdude114
10-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Having Eberle back now puts teams top defensive pairing against Eberle & Weal which gives alot more room for Strueby/Metz/Mitchell/Leffler (unless he stays on the top line. Those guys i mentioned struggle against other teams top Dmen but are more then capable against the 3rd & 4th guys.

I really dont see the Pats trading Eberle at all this year. Under Hunt we have structure something we didnt have under Derkatch. Yes it would make sense to trade Eberle & Teubert, but this could be the last year the Parkers own the team as Sillinger & Heward are VERY interested in buying this team (have heard as early as next year) Im not saying Parker will sell the farm but they definately want to take a run at things as well to at least have a decent playoff. The Central isnt going to be as strong as it has been in recent years. Brandon will definately be strong, but with Eberle back i can really see the Pats battleing Saskatoon for 2nd.

Defense hasnt been our problem this year or goaltending. It has been goal scoring & Eberle brings alot of confidence to this team in the offensive zone. Leffler & Strueby have the tools to both score 25 goals, Mitchell could very easily be a 20 goal man as well. After saturday night dont be surprise if the Pats are 4-4.

My boss who is a Warriors fan (& hates the Pats with a passion) believes the Pats will be in a battle for 2nd all year with the Blades. Brandon is going to run away with things im sure though. When does Schenn come back anyways, our division will have prob 2 of the top 3 players in the WHL in it with Schenn & Eberle.

Boltz9
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Schenn is back already. Will be in the line-up tonight.

dagley
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Can't hurt when you boast 2 of the top 10 in this past NHL draft on your team. :D

patsdude114
10-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh not at all, Brandon is expected to roll over teams all season long anything less then a 50 win season i think is a failure. They should/will rollover teams like the Hitmen did last season.

I am sure Brandon will be adding a few pieces jus tlike Calgary & Kelowna did last year. Which pieces im not really sure yet, & at what cost?? Calgary got off very easy when they landed Broda from MJ, Lang really screwed up that trade last year.