PDA

View Full Version : Schenn Reassigned

Boltz9
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.wheatkings.com/news_item.aspx?news_id=4977

dagley
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

wheaties89
09-28-2009, 11:17 PM
i dont see how we can lose another game
he'll be wearin the cheds friday for sure

Boltz9
09-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Well it all depends if Calvert comes back, which we should find out today.

wheaties89
09-29-2009, 12:20 PM
C-schenn
A-Calvert
A-Robak
A-fehr or glennie

Boltz9
09-29-2009, 12:23 PM
C- Calvert
A- Schenn
A- Robak
A- Fehr

Its really close between Schenn and Calvert but In my opinion Calvert will get it because hes homegrown, has the most heart, and is more of a vocal leader from what I hear.

I can also see that last A either going to Glennie or Cowan if they did end up keeping him over Lewadniuk just because of his grit and leadership.

dagley
09-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Rather keep Cowan more than Lewy right now.

wheaties89
09-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Calvert didnt even wear an A last year as a 19 year old so i dont how we can expect him to wear the C this year. Schenn has been wearing an A since when he wore it when yeo was hurt in his 16 year old season. Schenn gets the C no doubt about it.

dagley
09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Just because he never wore a letter, doesn't mean he was not counted on to be a leader.

WorkHorse
09-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Is a heart and soul and lead by example player who passed up a pro contract to play for his hometown. Although Schenn would be a good captain as well, I think it should be Calvert. Right now I would bet he's held in the highest regard by his teammates for his commitment to the team!

wheaties89
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Sorry but im goin with kings GM Dean Lombardi on this one: "He's going to a good team in Brandon, where he should be captain. He'll play in the world juniors and he should wear a [captain or alternate captain's] letter and they're going to have the Memorial Cup there."

Just because calvert is from brandon and passed up playing pro doesnt mean he gets the C. Mcrimmon has gave schenn an A over calver last year and some of the year before because he obviously thought schenn was a better leader. I dont see why he wouldnt give the letter to him again this year over calvert. Schenn would have do something really wrong to not get the C

BSB
09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
.....and is more of a vocal leader from what I hear.

That is actually the opposite of what I have heard. There is no question that Matt leads by example on the ice, but in terms of being vocal in the dressing room, I think Schenn is the leader there. From what I have heard, Matt is quiet in the dressing room.

It is still a tough choice and unlike a previous poster, I think the fact that Matt turned down a chance to play pro to instead return to juniors should have some bearing on the choice. There is no greater loyalty that could be shown to the WK's and we all know that Kelly rewards loyalty.

Boltz9
09-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe they would do what Regina is going to do and put it to a vote in the locker room.

dagley
09-29-2009, 10:44 PM
At this point, I dont even care anymore. I am just glad we got all our boys back from NHL camps, especially the big three in Schenner, Glennie and Calvert.