PDA

View Full Version : Improvements at the Colisium

Freebird32
04-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Now that local owners are in place and our team is here to stay for a long time. How about we put pressure on our city officials to make improvements to the ice rink. We need a new scoreboard with Instant replay. I know that the Fever are asking for it for their home games with the Arena football league. We need new boards and improvements in the locker room to make the place a very welcome sight to fans and players. Call your council man/woman and put pressure on them.

Another note. has anyone heard when season tickets will be back up for sale? need to get an extra 2 this year as the lil bird and his older brother will attend games with us this year.

HAF
04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
From what I have been hearing the season tickets go on sale next week some time.
As for the improvements, I thought the coliseum agreed to do a bunch as long as they signed a three year plus lease? I thought that was the discussion back when Porter was still ruining...I mean running the show?
From what I was told about the instant replay was that after their first year in the league the NIFL rulebook says the Fever have to have instant replay.Hopefully there are renovations in the plans that we just havent heard about yet.

Freebird32
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks, I need to get my tickets now or I seem to procrastanate and wait till its too late.

The instant replay would be a great thing to have. My first road trip game was to Spoke and they have a first class facility there. Loved the entrance of the guys being put up on the big screen.

Brad
04-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I believe the plans relating to the Fever are to put a screen at each end rather than in the middle. I think they (the Fever) have Pepsi on board to pick up a good percentage of the cost.

Stay-Puft
04-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I can't count the number of times the puck was beginning to wrap the boards, then hits an edge and goes out into the middle of the ice. I would think the rink boards would be replaced first, then the scoreboard next. After all, the scoreboard did go out at a game this past year. Pretty funny when the PA is announcing "15 minutes left, 10 minutes left..........." and you have the boat horn in a bottle for the end of the period. I was waiting for the flip cards they use for city rec basketball games to tell us the score and the period.

HAF
04-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I believe the plans relating to the Fever are to put a screen at each end rather than in the middle. I think they (the Fever) have Pepsi on board to pick up a good percentage of the cost.

Are the Ams gonna be able to use them too?