PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Send Mappin To Vancouver

Shinyshoes
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
The Rebels have Traded Cass Mappin to Vancouver for Andrej Kudrna.

Kudrna is 6 foot 2, 190lbs and is a 1991 born player (18 year old) who got 38 points in 67 games last year for vancouver. He is eligible for the NHL entry draft this year.

Red celtic
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey Shiny what are the details on this trade?

Shinyshoes
09-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Sources told me that Mappin had requested a trade. I dont know much more than what I wrote above......

I will update it as details emerge.

Red celtic
09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Looks like Barak would be the odd man out in this case as this would give us 3 imports.

Shinyshoes
09-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Wouldnt surprise me if Barak is the odd man out, however there is still a few days to figure out the Euros and 20's....there could be more trades comming. If Barak is indeed the odd man out, and with Petrovic out for a month, I could see the Rebels looking for another defenceman. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Espo and Deagle get cut/traded in favor of a solid 20 year old D man. Or perhaps Bring back Brad Deagle who was a late cut on Defence.

I guess we will see

Shinyshoes
09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
WHL site has it up now.

http://whl.ca/giants-acquire-mappin-from-rebels-in-exchange-for-kudrna-p137912

hockey4
09-29-2009, 01:14 PM
i have no issue with this trade. frustrating to watch a kid with talent float in every area of the ice.

RDRebelsfan
09-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I've heard Kudrna is a pretty good player, he's a year younger so I got no problems with this. Mappin showed great improvements but like previously said he's often seen just floating around. And on the imports thing, I think Barak is the no brainer to let go here.

RDRebelsfan
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Barak is out. Says so on the Rebels site.

Red celtic
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I wonder if Dumba will make his WHL regular season debut with Barak being released.

Shinyshoes
09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I wonder if Dumba will make his WHL regular season debut with Barak being released.We have to get somebody longer term. I wouldnt be surprised to se Dumba up, but going forward, we only have 6 defencemen (after Dumba's 5 games). I think they will leave Dumba for later in the season to refresh his memory of what it will take to play in the WHL.

My money is on a trade involving 20 year olds, or a young List Defenceman getting another shot (Deagle is most likely, perhaps Pufahl who injured his shoulder early in camp)

Red celtic
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I like the idea of moving both Deagle and Espo for a 20 yr. old defenceman. Swift Current just happens to have a over abundance of 20s. With Claffey ( Red Deer kid ) and Doyle being 20 yr. old defenceman. I would love to see either of those guys in Red Deer.

SectionNDeserter
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I like the idea of moving both Deagle and Espo for a 20 yr. old defenceman. Swift Current just happens to have a over abundance of 20s. With Claffey ( Red Deer kid ) and Doyle being 20 yr. old defenceman. I would love to see either of those guys in Red Deer.From what I have seen from Espo and Deagle in training camp and in regular season games this year, these are 3rd/4th line players, and I have never been a huge proponent of playing overage players 3-5 minutes per game. I have been really shocked at how invisible both of them have been in the regular season games so far, given that one or both of them are on the bubble at the moment. Swift and Saskatoon both have some very decent overage players to unload as well, Swift in particular.

Moving Mappin means another 'sure-thing' overage next year is out of the picture, and takes the heat off of guys like Archer and Bell for next year, I think giving us the freedom to pick up another overage defenseman.

Section_Z
10-17-2009, 11:49 AM
So far this trade has certainly worked in your favour. Good to see Kudrna find a spot to excel.