PDA

View Full Version : Hope the kootenay ice pick up wintoneak.....

fightstrap50
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
They lack the punch in the points department after Sylvester and King, sly cant do it all himself every night. We need scoring up front no doubt about it, and we have a 20 year old vacancy as well. what do the Blades need though? we are deep in depth for trades and have some great prospects. we also have some extra picks in the draft, as 20 year olds dont really get much in return usualy.

what would it take to get him here? after all we arent in the same division so its not far fetched by any means

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
They lack the punch in the points department after Sylvester and King, sly cant do it all himself every night. We need scoring up front no doubt about it, and we have a 20 year old vacancy as well. what do the Blades need though? we are deep in depth for trades and have some great prospects. we also have some extra picks in the draft, as 20 year olds dont really get much in return usualy.

what would it take to get him here? after all we arent in the same division so its not far fetched by any means

Well I am sure the Blades would send him gift wrapped to the Ice,but I for one want the OA situation and Import situation cleared up. So the Blades can get the puck moving again.

I am not sure if Molleken wants a roster player and a draft pick in return but I was going to say the Blades need some scoring help up front but they since acquired Jeremy Boyer..... The Blades have good goaltending prospects but if Adam Morrison can not carry the #1 job in between the pipes then maybe a #1 goalie. I am not really sure what else the Blades could use at this point in the season because they did not loose to much last season.

Tidball
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Maybe trade Wintoneak and Morrison for Lieuwen and a 3rd?

fightstrap50
09-30-2009, 09:09 AM
i persoanlly think that is asking way to much for a twenty year old and an mostly unproven goalie(though he had good numbers last year). Lieuwen wont be going anywhere imo. he has potential to be one of the best tenders in the league, that I really do believe. So I would say he is off limits, but Matthews, who is 19, wont want to be a backup this year as he has proven himself to be a legit starter in this league with his performances last year when he bailed us out when we had injuries, and Heemskerk *****ed out and quit because of ice time.

Matthews is a bit unorthodox in his style but he is pretty much the only reason we made the playoffs last year when everyone was hurt, the guy can stop pucks!

we need a back up tender and some offence, we have lots of Dmen in depth, lots of picks, and a bunch of great forwards to look at.