PDA

View Full Version : Yikes.....0-5

BugsBunny
09-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Hurricanes drop their 5th straight and once again they were badly outshot 41-18 and way too many powerplays for Vancouver who went 3/12. Ville went the distance and must have been shell-shocked especially with so many power plays.

Kamloops on Wednesday and another tough one for the Canes. I wonder if Rowat will get the start in Kamloops. Then off to PG for back to back games with the Cougars.

Canes have scored the fewest goals (5) and given up the most (31). I hope the boys do not get discouraged and the staff has lots of patience. They are still young and will make mistakes, but they will have to learn from their mistakes also.

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

LETHBRIDGE: CITY OF COMPLAINERS

shushu
09-30-2009, 12:15 AM
this was going to be a tough one.. you cant lose that much talent and expect to rebound the next year...if you look at the canes lineup there isn't much to brag about this year from the 91, 90 age group, nothing but 3rd and 4th line checker and the d isn;t much better....the best thing that could happen is unload any older talent that has any value and get a fresh start...this year is going to be tough anyway you slice it so why not add to next year........ps...... preston has done very well at the trading game so far so why not keep going and move what you can........imo........

dondo
09-30-2009, 01:59 AM
sorry guys I hate to tell you -- but your team played one of the cheapest games I have ever witnessed and they deserved not only the loss but the penalties and probably even more. They should be better than that, but it was ugly. I saw some nice pure skill, but it was muddled up with really late hits, cheap hits and gratuitous disrespect. If they've been playing that kind of game so far then there's your answer.

loudi94
09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
sorry guys I hate to tell you -- but your team played one of the cheapest games I have ever witnessed and they deserved not only the loss but the penalties and probably even more. They should be better than that, but it was ugly. I saw some nice pure skill, but it was muddled up with really late hits, cheap hits and gratuitous disrespect. If they've been playing that kind of game so far then there's your answer.

I kind of heard that the team has been chippy so far this year. No excuses other than I guess they don't like losing- which is a good thing. I hope that aspect gets addressed. That type of play is a lack of discipline issue. A good coach will nip that right away,

As far as trading away all the talent--there has to be some incentive for the fans to come to the games. When the team clearly packs it in for the year, the fans will do the same. We're in a fragile state as it is.

localguy
09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
The boys played hard last night, and deserved a better fate. Too many offensive zone penalties were the real problem. They were going to the net, and playing physical, which is a problem (for some fans and journalists(see giants thread)) I guess when you have players that are bigger than their opponents. I would like to see Ashton get things going, not seeing much from him yet. I am seeing much improvement in the team as a whole though. If they can stay out of the box, they will get their wins. One thing to take away from all the penalties is that they are getting lots of pk practice, and can hopefully get stronger at it. I watched the game, and as far as the dirty/late hits go, didn't see it. Did see Tucker embellishing everything that came near his net, and the Canes winning all of their fights. The snow job at the end was kind of weak, but it's a game. Bancks elbow hit him, but he didn't stick it out, Tucker just didn't move while Bancks got ridden into the net. Going to the net is part of hockey. Good luck in Kamloops tonight Boys.

Bocephus
09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
How many games have we lost in a row now?
4 to end the season last year to Calgary, winless in the preseason, and now 0-5 to start the regular season.
We must be close to losing 16 straight!
Oh well, I have confidence that it will turn around.

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Did see Tucker embellishing everything that came near his net,

The refs should have a pretty good book on Tucker by now, the grandstanding is just part of his game that he uses to compensate for playing himself out of position. A few delay of game and unsportsmanlike penalties will put a stop to that nonsense.

shushu
09-30-2009, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=loudi94;139926]I
As far as trading away all the talent--there has to be some incentive for the fans to come to the games. When the team clearly packs it in for the year, the fans will do the same. We're in a fragile state as it is.[/QUOTE

it a rebuilding year and half this city still feels like the canes should hold their hands to the games if they are doing bad...for the fans that expect greatness every year or should be called every weekend by preston to see how they are doing maybe it time they move on for good....................ps...i have no idea why people crap on the players with a lack of support because they had a bad experiance with the board or front office.........what a gutless town............

Bocephus
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I predict a victory tonight in the Loops. Then on to bigger and better things. I also predict a split in PG.
Rowat should be in goal according to Preston's pregame interview yesterday on the radio.
I'm really looking forward to the first home game. I feel like it's a new franchise with the new sweaters, roster turnover, and hockey staff.

Bocephus
09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=loudi94;139926]I
As far as trading away all the talent--there has to be some incentive for the fans to come to the games. When the team clearly packs it in for the year, the fans will do the same. We're in a fragile state as it is.[/QUOTE

it a rebuilding year and half this city still feels like the canes should hold their hands to the games if they are doing bad...for the fans that expect greatness every year or should be called every weekend by preston to see how they are doing maybe it time they move on for good....................ps...i have no idea why people crap on the players with a lack of support because they had a bad experiance with the board or front office.........what a gutless town............
shushu, you sound like Dick Gibson. Your comment included the word CRAP and you also blast the city of Lethbridge. Sounds exactly like Dick Gibson's last moments as part of the broadcast crew.

1978giantsfan
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I watched the game, and as far as the dirty/late hits go, didn't see it. Did see Tucker embellishing everything that came near his net, and the Canes winning all of their fights. The snow job at the end was kind of weak, but it's a game. Bancks elbow hit him, but he didn't stick it out, Tucker just didn't move while Bancks got ridden into the net. Going to the net is part of hockey.

WOW buy a pair of glasses or maybe a new screen for your computer cause if you really think Tucker embellished everything your blind.
If win the fights you mean jump on top of your check after very play and and start thowing punches yes the canes won them all.

BugsBunny
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
How many games have we lost in a row now?
4 to end the season last year to Calgary, winless in the preseason, and now 0-5 to start the regular season.We must be close to losing 16 straight!

the Hurricanes are coming up on game 16 tonight. With their 6 preseason losses (but does that really count?) it is 15 in a row.

This city loves to complain and dump verbal garbage on the players, the coaches, the board, the noise level in the Enmax, the cost of tickets, and so on and so on and so on. They can't expect this team to be at the top of the WHL ladder every year, but they can expect them to be competitive. However, with the loss of Boychuk, Sceviour, King, Sbisa, Wright, Versteeg, Metsola, and the lack of talent to follow, it makes for a very tough go for whoever took over the club. This is definitely a retooling job for Preston and his staff.
But it is also a time for the fans of this club to be true fans and stick with them no matter what. Trouble is a lot of them will stay at home but continue to complain!

clrkthj Go Hurricanes Go!

LETHBRIDGE: CITY OF COMPLAINERS

Derek Sutton
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
This is what they are complaining about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTBBDK_4tSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULrfxwNAejU

trying to get under the skin of a hot headed goaltender is the oldest trick in the book("hey Hanrahan your wife......") These Giants fans sound like a bunch of hockey Moms at a Pee Wee game. The Hurricanes "bullying" the Giants hahaha. A league powerhouse getting bullied by the youngest team in the league. I like to see them playing with an edge but they can't take so many penalties, there's nothing wrong with stirring it up though.

Bocephus
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
This is what they are complaining about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTBBDK_4tSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULrfxwNAejU

trying to get under the skin of a hot headed goaltender is the oldest trick in the book("hey Hanrahan your wife......") These Giants fans sound like a bunch of hockey Moms at a Pee Wee game. The Hurricanes "bullying" the Giants hahaha. A league powerhouse getting bullied by the youngest team in the league. I like to see them playing with an edge but they can't take so many penalties, there's nothing wrong with stirring it up though.

After watching those videos it really comes down to both teams being at fault on those plays.
Bancks could have avoided Tucker all together but he never and Tucker could have chosen to not embellish and the line brawl wouldn't have happened.
Braes also could have chosen to not spray Tucker with snow and Tucker could have chosen to not act like a tough guy and tap Braes with his stick and the Orfino/Henry fight wouldn't have happened.
Both plays were initiated by the Canes but in all seriousness the play or act by the Cane player was pretty lame and didn't really warrant retaliation by the Giants.
By the reaction this generated from Giants fans I expected to see a replay of the Letts/Pickard incident from last season.

CrazyCanesFan
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=BugsBunny;139917]

Canes have scored the fewest goals (5) [QUOTE]

The Canes have scored 9 goals this year so far.

BugsBunny
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=BugsBunny;139917]

Canes have scored the fewest goals (5) [QUOTE]

The Canes have scored 9 goals this year so far.

Thanks for the correction.....still not enough

moon
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
the Hurricanes are coming up on game 16 tonight. With their 6 preseason losses (but does that really count?) it is 15 in a row.

Lions losing streak was 19 including the year before losing all 16 and the first two losses this year.

moon
09-30-2009, 04:30 PM
ps...i have no idea why people crap on the players with a lack of support because they had a bad experiance with the board or front office.........what a gutless town............

So people have a bad experience with the Front Office and the board and your solution is to continue giving them money to likely have another bad experience?

loudi94
09-30-2009, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=loudi94;139926]I

No, the problem with this city is that the fans put up with the mediocrity year after year after year after year after year. No one expects greatness every year, but normally the trend is two good years, one great year and one not so good year. What have we had in the last 10 years?

No one blames the players for what's going to happen this year. In fact, I don't blame any of the coaches or GM. But, as you suggested, trading away assets for picks or prospects at this stage of the season is a signal that the team is throwing away the season. Quitting on quitters is not a bad idea at that point. Wait until the deadline before dealing Ashton, Bancks et al.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
The refs should have a pretty good book on Tucker by now, the grandstanding is just part of his game that he uses to compensate for playing himself out of position. A few delay of game and unsportsmanlike penalties will put a stop to that nonsense.

Say what? Call such penalties on The Vancouver Giants! Banish ye to the hinterlands for such foul thought.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-30-2009, 09:31 PM
After watching those videos it really comes down to both teams being at fault on those plays.
Bancks could have avoided Tucker all together but he never and Tucker could have chosen to not embellish and the line brawl wouldn't have happened.
Braes also could have chosen to not spray Tucker with snow and Tucker could have chosen to not act like a tough guy and tap Braes with his stick and the Orfino/Henry fight wouldn't have happened.
Both plays were initiated by the Canes but in all seriousness the play or act by the Cane player was pretty lame and didn't really warrant retaliation by the Giants.
By the reaction this generated from Giants fans I expected to see a replay of the Letts/Pickard incident from last season.

You saved me a lot of typing Bo. Well said. The elbow was a 3 and the embellishment was a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. Bancks could have avoided Tucker but did not so it is nothing more than a 2 minute minor at best. From what I have read, I thought Tucker was taken off on a stretcher for Gawd sakes. :confused: