PDA

View Full Version : ashton signs 3 year entry level contract........

shushu
10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
first off congrats carter,and what does this mean for the canes down the road..what are the odds that we could lose carter as a 19 year old as we did sbisa...should he be dealt at the trade deadline for some younger talent or stay in a canes jersy......all opinion welcome..................ps great job boy pulling out the win last night and lets keep it it going....................:thumb:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Maybe negotiating his contract has been a distraction for him, or at least he can use that as an excuse. His numbers are not very good right now. Ashton got 2 goals last night or he would be at 1 goal and 0 assists for 4 games. The ugly number is the minus 10.........wow.

18 Carter Ashton RW 5 3 0 3 -10

Only Mysery at -9 is even close, but hey its Mystery so no surprise there. Does anyone know if Mestery was a a healthy scratch the other night? Another huge dissapointment is Reners. Zippo on the scoresheet for this season. Not to be too negative but the numbers speak for themself.

8 Mark Reners RW 5 0 0 0 -2

Some good numbers for a couple of guys with Braes at 8 pts and Fyten at +1.

moon
10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Maybe negotiating his contract has been a distraction. His numbers are not very good at present. He got 2 goals last night or would be at 1 gaol and 0 assists for 4 games. The ugly number is the minus 10.........wow.
18 Carter Ashton RW 5 3 0 3 -10

All the top guys are going to have bad +/- on the team this year. Happens to every terrible team. Doesn't mean that the individuals guys are bad just that they are on the ice a lot and sometimes they can only do some much to make up for the defensemen.

As for what this means for the future, I didn't think that Ashton is going to play in the NHL next year and this contract doesn't really do anything to change my opinion on that.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
TAJDEH SENT PACKING? Maybe this was posted before but I see he is no longer on the Canes roster. I know this will make some of you very happy. I wish him luck with whatever he does.