PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs. Saskatoon

dagley
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Big game tonight, both teams on the losing end last night. Hopefully the big boys come to play tonight, much like Glennie did last night

Allin44
10-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Ive rented the game, first time seeing the boys this year, better be a good one!

I tuned in early to the game(obviously as its only 710 now) and so far the feed is SO much cleaner than when I rented last year

Joe Hallenback
10-03-2009, 09:06 PM
So I guess we lose badly then shut out the next 3 teams we play :)

Boltz9
10-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Haha I'll take that I suppose. How many projected shutouts would Hayes have then? lol. How about that huge hit by Bestland, very nice. And Hayes was outstanding especially in the first he kept it 0-0 making a couple huge saves.

dagley
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Schenn and Calvert were better tonight, still need to get even better to continue to be better, especially against Calgary on Wednesday. Hopefully Rajala will be in the lineup on Wednesday night. Melnychuk back to his usual self.

Allin44
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Haha I'll take that I suppose. How many projected shutouts would Hayes have then? lol. How about that huge hit by Bestland, very nice. And Hayes was outstanding especially in the first he kept it 0-0 making a couple huge saves.

if he goes loss, 3 SOs and repeat, 54

Hes only 2 off tying Plante for the single season record(and career), and he still has 66 games!

Its great hes shutting teams down, but the 6 goal losses could haunt you if you have ONE in a mem cup tourney

dagley
10-03-2009, 09:56 PM
He continues to get better however, he was excellent tonight. You can't expect him to play great every game, let downs are bound to happen especially over the coarse of a long season. You really cant complain (not saying you are) about Hayes this year he has been nothing short of terrific.

Allin44
10-03-2009, 10:11 PM
He continues to get better however, he was excellent tonight. You can't expect him to play great every game, let downs are bound to happen especially over the coarse of a long season. You really cant complain (not saying you are) about Hayes this year he has been nothing short of terrific.

Its the internet, of course I can complain!

kidding, its great that hes so far proven us wrong, but be honest, will you ever be 100% comfortable with him in net/

Brandonite
10-03-2009, 11:14 PM
One thing I noticed is Ferland getting hit hard about 1,2,3,4,5 times yet getting right back up every time. He's a solid kid, but he definitely needs to work on his balance at the WHL level. To his defence however the guys he seemed to go up against through out the night were guys like Stefan Elliot, Sam Klassen, Jyri Niemi & Derek Hulak who are all top notch players. Overall solid game by the boys tonight for sure. Urbom didnt overwhelm me with his stuff but he got the job done!

Boltz9
10-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Ya I like what Ferland can do, he seems to have great hands too. Speaking about working on balance, I noticed Klarc Wilson was falling down alot on the boards and what not. Honestly if I picked first stars Hayes would have been my choice tonight. This could have been a competely different game if Hayes didnt make some massive saves in the first.