PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs REBELS

patsdude114
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Not making any bold predictions tonight like i did last night for Weal getting 2 assists, but with that said i would like to see Davidson notch his 2nd goal of the year. This kid was a force last night, competes very hard, doesnt give up, puts in 2nd & 3rd efforts every night. Kind of like Mitchell but plays D lol

I hope to see the Pats playing .500 hockey after tonight. 15 goals in 2 games with Eberle in the line up is nothing to kid about. Does Eberle make this team that much better?? Or are the players taking what Hunt is saying & executing the way we finally should be?

I dont think alot of teams are taking the Pats too seriously after last seasons underachieving season. We still have some skilled players here Leffler (33) Strueby (25 in a unconsistant season) Hutt (13 as a 17yr old on a BAD team) Eberle (35) Mitchell (10) Weal (16 as a 16yr old rookie) all can score & will score this year again.

Our Goaltending & defense is young but under Hunt's defense 1st system (backchecking, blocking shots, physical play) i really dont think the youth will be exposed too much.

I thought every line last night against the Broncos were very strong i really liked the Hutt, Favreau & Rieder line looked really good. Yes they are all very small but all have speed & skill. Hutt you can still notice is very out of game shape due to his surgery in the summer. He has 2 goals in 2 games in a Pats uniform & is out of shape, can we expect more once he get into game shape??? I think so i really think a 20 goal year for this kid is not out of the question.

GO PATS GO!!

ok 1 prediction lol Pats win 5-2

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Honestly, I am looking forward to seeing what the hub bub about this Nugent Hopkins kid is all about. He ripped up the BC league even more than Weal did last year, and leads the rebels in scoring with 6 goals and an assist. Im not even sure Eberle started that well at 16.

Then again, this kid was first overall in that draft, so its expected that he becomes a factor right away.

patsdude114
10-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Ya i dont think Eberle started off that great either, his rookie season we had alot of depth up front if i remember correctly he still scored 28 goals which is great for a 16 yr old.

Eberle was a complete steal out of the Bantam draft. What was he a 7th round choice so that means every team passed him by Metz Tuebert & Bosch were all a higher pick then Eberle. Wow to do that Draft over again Eberle would of been #1 instead of Tuebert. I know the Bantam Draft is such a crap shoot but wow.