PDA

View Full Version : Postage Question for Canadians!

Kristi
04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Ok this is a dumb question (well at least I think it is)

I am doing a couple scrapbooks for Silvertip players and in looking today at how much it will cost me to mail them (about $90 american (for one)--it is VERY LARGE) from the states I am seriously considering driving just over the boarder and going to a Canada Post office to mail them. Can I do this?

I hope this make sense! Thank god I sent volume one home with him!

Thanks! :)

Kristi

Beaner
04-27-2005, 08:47 PM
try the canada post website and see if the rates make it actually worth it.

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/rates/default-e.asp

HAF
04-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Have you thought about putting your scrapbook on disk? This might take away from the whole experience of creating them but it would sure be cheaper to mail. Just a suggestion.

Kristi
04-27-2005, 09:51 PM
try the canada post website and see if the rates make it actually worth it.

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/rates/default-e.asp

oh yeah did that its TOTALLY worth doing! I'm an hour from the border so it's not that far!

Kristi
04-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Have you thought about putting your scrapbook on disk? This might take away from the whole experience of creating them but it would sure be cheaper to mail. Just a suggestion.

Well that won't work since everything is in the book. Would defeat the purpose of the scrapbook.

DoubleDee
04-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Well that won't work since everything is in the book. Would defeat the purpose of the scrapbook.

Hey Kristi!

You go girl - I'm impressed! An avid Rockets fan but still a strong hockey supporter to the degree of working on scrapbooks for a different team. I did this in Calgary 1 year for Patrick Wellar. People do not realize the amount of work that goes into this. Especially if you do it right.

However, I know what Hermiston Ams Fan is trying to get at. Actually, I brought this up to the scrapbook committee in Calgary. Instead of cutting out the articles and pasting them in a scrapbook (with all the stickers and stuff that goes along with it) you scan it into your computer (and add animation at this point) and create a power point presentation. Or something along the same lines. It makes it so that it will not deteriorate over time (which newspaper does) and that the player’s parents can copy and send it to all the family members.

Just a thought - maybe for next year.

Kristi
04-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Kristi!

You go girl - I'm impressed! An avid Rockets fan but still a strong hockey supporter to the degree of working on scrapbooks for a different team. I did this in Calgary 1 year for Patrick Wellar. People do not realize the amount of work that goes into this. Especially if you do it right.

However, I know what Hermiston Ams Fan is trying to get at. Actually, I brought this up to the scrapbook committee in Calgary. Instead of cutting out the articles and pasting them in a scrapbook (with all the stickers and stuff that goes along with it) you scan it into your computer (and add animation at this point) and create a power point presentation. Or something along the same lines. It makes it so that it will not deteriorate over time (which newspaper does) and that the player’s parents can copy and send it to all the family members.

Just a thought - maybe for next year.

Ok let's not go overboard with the AVID Rocket fan thing! Everett is my first love now and always will be! And unless someone comes forward (I'd like that little Gary Sylvester boy but I think I might have to fight Lovintherockets for him and there is no way I'd win that fight!) in Kelowna after this year it just won't be the same to go to Kelowna games (since Brett is leaving--has anyone checked his birth certificate to make sure he really is 20??).

This is the first year we'd done scrapbooks for the boys and I don't think they realized exactly what was going into them. I have given one of my guys the first half of the season and it was almost 100 pages. I actually did not put very many newspaper articles (there is actually now a spray here you can buy to put on the newsprint that makes it acid free it's very cool) in the book it is almost all pictures I have taken (about 8-10 a game) and recaps of the games, I also have programs of of his first game in every dub barn from this season since he is a rookie (he really liked that). Each home game has at least a 12x12 double page layout (sometimes more if there was a good fight or something) and some away games that I went to also have a double page layout. My second book will be just as big and may actually end up being split into two so he'll end up with 3 books for his rookie season.

I am going to make his mom a small 6x6 with all my left over pictures I have of him.

I actually have done PP presentations for a few different players over the years they are really cool. But nothing will ever beat the look on his face when he saw his book for the first time. It was the greatest feeling in the world.

DoubleDee
04-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Ok let's not go overboard with the AVID Rocket fan thing! Everett is my first love now and always will be! And unless someone comes forward (I'd like that little Gary Sylvester boy but I think I might have to fight Lovintherockets for him and there is no way I'd win that fight!) in Kelowna after this year it just won't be the same to go to Kelowna games (since Brett is leaving--has anyone checked his birth certificate to make sure he really is 20??).

Get in line about Sylvester ;) . I tried to get in front of lovingtherockets and that sure as heck didn't happen - lol

I stand corrected about the AVID part but its nice to know we had you with us for at least some of the time because of Palin! :thumb:

Kristi
04-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Get in line about Sylvester ;) . I tried to get in front of lovingtherockets and that sure as heck didn't happen - lol

I stand corrected about the AVID part but its nice to know we had you with us for at least some of the time because of Palin! :thumb:

Ok well at least let me on the bus! Ok enough bunny banter! The boys will wonder what we ate for breakfast! LOL!

lovintherockets
04-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I will take you both on!!! :) :evil: ;) Gotta love that ol' Putty Cat. Hey there Kristi girl, don't you dare go thinking that you can bail on the Rockets now my friend. I will grab my friend Double dee and kick your silvertip butt if we don't hear you cheering Loud and Proud for the boys whenever they play against any other team than yours. Hell, even DD has learned that other than playing against Calgary.....the Rockets are the team to cheer for.

Are you ready to go to London yet??? 22 sleeps and I'll be there. Thankyou Dee :) ...think about it and let me know.

Go Rockets Go !!!

Kristi
04-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Well I knew she would chime in eventually! We really have lost focus on this topic haven't we girls??

You know I'll always have a special place for the Rockets! :) You can't get rid of me that easily!

Missed you guys this week! Am hoping maybe next weekend! :)