PDA

View Full Version : Legionnaires Sportsmans Dinner

Scout
04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
The Home Hardware Legionnaires Sportmans Dinner is edging closer. I've been told tickets are printed and posters are ready. The first annual dinner is set for fathers day with TSN's sports announcers Gord Miller and Pat Maquire as speakers. Good move by former Legionnaire alumni and Team Canada coach Marc Habscheid on bringing in two quality guys for the first ever fund raiser.

Also there is talk of bringing in The Calgary Flames alumni team for a game against former Legionnaire alumni this fall. Contact has been made with The Calgary Flames and they have said they would be very interested in coming to Swift Current to help raise funds for the AAA midget Legionnaires. With Habscheid taking a big part in his former midget team and Marleau becoming involved, alot of big names may be guests in future Sportmans dinners. Good to see some of these guys giving back to the team where they got their start.

Scout

HAF
04-27-2005, 09:50 PM
That sounds like a bunch of fun! Take some pictures.

Scout
04-28-2005, 06:50 AM
The only problem is i'm pushing 50 and may forget. lol. I will be one of the first with tickets as i'm involved in bringing these two events to Swift.

Scout

CHtoo
04-28-2005, 05:49 PM
The only problem is i'm pushing 50 and may forget. lol.
Scout

What happened at 50? I forget. :laugh: