PDA

View Full Version : Heemer gets coached

Tipped Off
10-06-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20091006/BLOG12/910069979#What.was.that.unfamiliar.logo

Some brief notes from today's practice:

- I'm not used to seeing a logo other than Everett's during practice, but there was a lone figure present sporting the logo and colors of the NHL's San Jose Sharks. It was none other than Sharks goaltending development coach Corey Schwab. Schwab was working with San Jose's newest goalie prospect, Everett's Thomas Heemskerk, who signed a free-agent deal with the Sharks last week. Schwab spent time working with both Heemskerk and Kent Simpson, and since he lives in Seattle I suspect we'll be seeing him again in the future.

- Speaking of Simpson, he has a new mask that the Everett fans will get to see for the first time tomorrow. It's actually rather plain -- I think it's a take-off on the old white goalie masks. But at least it doesn't look like it might cause radiation poisoning like his previous mask did. Incidentally, that's Simpson's third mask in little more than a year with the Tips.

- The Tips are holding a clothing drive at tomorrow's game against Portland. The drive benefits the YWCA.