PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs. Calgary

dagley
10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh baby, it's always a good game!

dagley
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Anybody else score on their own net before?

wheaties89
10-07-2009, 09:32 PM
depape=overrated

wheat_city
10-07-2009, 09:33 PM
hayes lost them the game. i dont care how many shutouts he gets this year he is way too inconsistent. that shootout goal by kozun should have never gone in.

glennie looked frustrated all game couldnt get anything going. calvert looked pretty good schenn played decent at best - still need more out of him. rajala looked pretty good, should have had a few goals but got flat out robbed by snider.

Urbom still hasnt really impressed me much but it will take time for the team to gel together and get going.

Allin44
10-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Anybody else score on their own net before?

I can remember a long time ago Lupandin was going behind his own net(it was empty) to set up a breakout, and he tripped and the puck went in..

Boltz9
10-07-2009, 10:35 PM
I think we gotta take it easy on this team for now, give them some time to gel. I think for the most part they played good tonight and definately had the chances to win. And lets not forget we were playing the #1 ranked team in the country. I liked what I saw from Rajala, he had a couple sure goals taken away from him but as soon as they really start to click they will be unstopable. Calvert & Schenn definately had much better games than the first 2. Hayes played pretty solid I think, stopping 2 breakaways one of which was Broda. He just has to learn to hold onto the puck sometimes because the 3rd goal was on him. You can't really blame the first on him though. I think where Calgary really beats us is in coaching and systems. They seem to get out of their zone really easy most of the time while we try to dangle too much before getting it out that we cough it up.

Hitmen1
10-08-2009, 07:37 AM
I thought it was a really good game last night. Lots of chances on both ends, I think the WK might have had the better chances in the game as well. Most people out this way knew the Hitmen would be good last night because they didn't play very well vs MJ on Sunday, and Williamson let everyone know that he hasn't been happy with the work ethic. Despite all the shutouts, I still think goaltending is the Wheaties weakness and will not be surprised to see them add a "bigger named" keeper sometime this season.

Joe Hallenback
10-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Pretty good game last night

Calgary plays a pretty solid game they are alot different then last year. Every time Brandon got them to Run and Gun with them they had to shut it down and go back to dumping and forechecking.

Brandon is not qute firing on all cylinders on offense yet but its early yet so I am not worried. Schenn/Rajala/Calvert got better as the game went along and I thought they really dominated everytime they were on the ice in third. If they can keep that up they will score and score alot. Rajala look tentative early then settled in as the game went along. He has some major league passing skills and once he knows when and who he can keep the puck against he will be so dangerous

I am not sure about Cowan on that second line right now. They looked a little out of sync and I though Fehr had a poor game overall.

Depape is fighting it out there right now. The chemistry he had with Hall has disappeared and they are not generating the offense they should and could be. Ferland was a Monster though. He really has stepped it up IMO. If Hall and Depape were as good as Ferland was last night well this line

I liked the fourth line they had some chances and Wilson played a better game tonight then has in previous games

The defense is coming together. Robak was solid as was Schneider. Melnychuk can go from bad to good every othe shift. When he is moving forward witht he puck he is solid, when he moves backwards he gets in trouble. Urbom is settling in. I think people expect he is going to tear it up but he actually plays a very simple game. Bestland and Miller were very good.

Hayes made some great saves but his rebound control cost him 2 goals last night.

Overall it was the 2 best teams in the WHL playing against each other and it was very even. I think everyone has to remember that Brandon's offense has yet to get going and when it does this team will be very hard to beat

armypower
10-08-2009, 08:40 AM
How did Snider play last night? I think he'll be a fine
goaltender in this league.....Do you think you guys
will find another goalie for your run at the Mem cup.
or do you think Hayes will do the job?

brandonboy
10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Snider looked pretty solid last night..... And Hayes wasn't to bad I would say the last two goals where all Urbom, the kid is how big and he cant clear out the front of a net! Last night we only had one line playing and it seemed that Kelly went out of his way to try and screw that up, what I mean by that is, when Calvert and Schenn's line got that first goal 11 seconds into the second he should have kept them on, but instead went with the Glennie line witch was playing really bad last night. He should have kept the momentum going and it just looked like it took the wind out of that lines sails for a bit...

We wern't outplayed last night we we're out coached!!!

dagley
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I can't even remember how many 15-20 second shifts Schenn's line had last night.

armypower
10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
ya,not much you can do in 20 second shifts,not like the old days when
guys used to have 2 minute shifts ...Looking forward to watching the wheat
kings,they don't come here till end of Jan and mid Feb.....Saw Moose Jaw play
here last Sunday and although we weren't at our best,I think they could be a good team,was impressed with Rowinsky, he looks like a total different player than when he was here..

sbtatter
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
ya,not much you can do in 20 second shifts,not like the old days when
guys used to have 2 minute shifts ...Looking forward to watching the wheat
kings,they don't come here till end of Jan and mid Feb.....Saw Moose Jaw play
here last Sunday and although we weren't at our best,I think they could be a good team,was impressed with Rowinsky, he looks like a total different player than when he was here..

There's some pretty entertaining teams and great talents in our conference this year, great year to be watching games...

brandonboy
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I can't even remember how many 15-20 second shifts Schenn's line had last night.

I think some where even shorter. I can see if maybe he thought Rajala wasnt in game shape but when that line was on it was the most dominante line on the ice for both teams