PDA

View Full Version : Game 7-Hitmen 4 at Brandon 3 SO

Hitmen1
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
The Hitmen begin a 3 game road trip tonight in Brandon. This is going to be a good test for the Hitmen, as I believe the Wheaties are the best team in the WHL. The young Hitmen defence will be put to the test. Hopefully Marty Jones is ready to return, that is what the plan was a few days back. The Wheat Kings will have Finnish import winger, Toni Rajala in the lineup tonight. Here is the lineup I would like to see the Hitmen play with for the next couple of days:

Kozun-Broda-Fiddler
Foucault-Schultz-Schaber
Gross-Fisenko-Sylvester
Burgart-Beach-Royer

Stone-Madaisky
MacKenzie-Wilson
Bonsor-Aschim

The game is on the fan 960, starting at 6 pm Calgary time.

Boltz9
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought I read somewhere today that Jones wasn't going to play. Either way this should be an exciting match of two powerhouse teams.

If I had to guess at Brandon's lineup it would be something like :

Calvert - Schenn - Rajala
Fehr - Glennie - Lewadniuk
Depape - Hall - Hale
Wilson - Walker - Ferland

Bottom 2 lines can be mixed up.

Robak - Schneider
Urbom - Melnychuk
Bestland - Miller

dagley
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
This is going to be a beauty of a game tonight, getting Rajala tonight only improves our top 6 forwards. Schenn and Calvert are really struggling, only two games back for both of them...but only one point between the two of them. They need to get rolling tonight.

Hitmen1
10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I thought I read somewhere today that Jones wasn't going to play.

Yeah over at Bruce Luebke's blog he says Jones isn't expected to play which would be a huge blow for the Hitmen. The Hitmen always seem to have battles with the Wheaties.

Boltz9
10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Ya thats where I read it, how has Snider played so far?

Hitmen1
10-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Ya thats where I read it, how has Snider played so far?

His first game against Red Deer he gave a couple of weak goals but still got the win. Against the Ice he was the first star and was probably the reason why the Hitmen won the game 2-1, and on Sunday vs the Warriors, he gave a really bad goal which ended up being the GWG. If Jones is out I wonder if Williamson goes with Chase Komistek tonight.

dagley
10-07-2009, 11:16 AM
How has Broda looked so far this year

Hitmen1
10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
How has Broda looked so far this year

I think he has been okay. He has that "pro" release on his shot which will score the Hitmen lots of goals. I think he is suspect defensively and is not strong enough for the next level as it seems like he is easily knocked off the puck and doesn't really like to get involved physically which is not really surprising for a sniper. The Hitmen seem to want him to set up inside the pk box that the opposition set up, and then feed him the puck so he can fire that wrist shot. He scored the GWG against Red Deer doing exactly that. He seems to be the type of player that you won't notice for 55 + minutes and then will get 2 quick goals to help the team win.

sbtatter
10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah over at Bruce Luebke's blog he says Jones isn't expected to play which would be a huge blow for the Hitmen. The Hitmen always seem to have battles with the Wheaties.

Always entertaining games against you guys, you often beat us, but still enjoyable to watch!!

dagley
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Still believe Game 7 vs Calgary the year we went to the finals was still the best game live I have ever been too, especially coming back down from 3-1 to win it in Game 7.

Hitmen1
10-08-2009, 07:57 AM
The Hitmen improved to 6-1 last night with a 4-3 shootout victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings. Once again the Hitmen had to start Michael Snider in goal, Jones still not recovered from an ankle injury, and unlike Sunday, Snider delivered. He made several key saves to keep the Hitmen within striking distance.

The Hitmen got goals in regulation time from Cody Gross, his first as a Hitmen, and Kris Foucault who scored a pair of goals. The Hitmen seemed to get several chances because of poor rebounds from Andrew Hayes. The Wheaties got goals from Jay Fehr and Matt Calvert x 2.

In the shootout, Michael Stone shot first, who made it known that he wouldn't try to deke again in a shootout after attempting a deke in Medicine Hat, Stone came in and wanted to blast a rocket but Andrew Hayes came well out of his net to keep Stone from unloading a rocket. Matt Calvert shot first for the Wheaties and put the puck right through Michael Snider's 5 hole. The next 2 Hitmen shooters were their big gunners, Joel Broda and Brandon Kozun both of whom made no mistakes and scored on Hayes. The last 2 Wheat Kings to shoot in the shootout were Schenn and Glennie, neither one were able to beat Michael Snider.

For the most part I was very pleased with the reffing because there were only 4 power plays, did they miss some calls both ways? Yes, but they really tried to let these 2 good teams play.

Hitmen continue the road trip tomorrow night in Regina.

Boltz9
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
The one knock I had on Snider was that he seemed to let out a lot of rebounds, kind of the same problem that Hayes has.

Hitmen1
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
The one knock I had on Snider was that he seemed to let out a lot of rebounds, kind of the same problem that Hayes has.

Yeah he seems to kick those rebounds right out into high scoring areas.

Boltz9
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Stone was the standout to me, which really shouldn't be shocking. He was extremely good at blocking. Its almost like he knew when the Brandon defenders were going to shoot so he moved up to block the shots.

Hitmen1
10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Stone was the standout to me, which really shouldn't be shocking. He was extremely good at blocking. Its almost like he knew when the Brandon defenders were going to shoot so he moved up to block the shots.

When they came to Red Deer for the season opener, I couldn't believe how improved Stone was. He is really going to have a big season for the Hitmen, not only scoring wise but defensively as well.

Trevor
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Stone's going to be incredible this year for you guys. He's rock solid in his own end, and has a howitzer of a shot! He might not put up Potsma-esque numbers, but will definitely be one of the top scoring d-men in the dub this season.